My Wonderful Experiences So Far w/ US East

Well since we are sharing stories good and bad here goes. I was nonreving to get to work in PHL a few weeks back. I was IN UNIFORM for the flight. The agents at America West were absolutely incredible. They sent me down early with a seat since there were somewhere around 30-35 open. I had my ID around my neck and clearly could tell I was an employee. The lead or "A" flight attendant, whatever she was considered as in charge looked at me with this "Ohhhhh NO Huhhh Uhhhhh" look. I had my rollerbard and my work bag with an extra and I do mean tiny dvd case. She was NOT having it, with my comming on with get this 3 bags! ! ! Now, I'm not a passenger and said I don't have the luxury of going to baggage claim. I need to check in for a trip. She said that the rule is strictly enforced. I told her that I had absolutely no way of consolidating what I had. She told me to step out of the way and back onto the jetway. Now I was not about to attract ANY attention to myself and get throw off for no reason. When we landed I looked at her and said, "ya know, whether it's 1year or 5 we will ALL be flying with each other. If you think your gonna have that kind of attitude with others you are sadly mistaken. I have done NOTHING personal to you and we don't know each other". She said she had no idea what I was talking about. Well why did the other two f/a's appologize for you then, I asked. I then said, "you and I have no control over the decisions by our management to merge and I also feel your frustration and fear". When I tell ya I don't forget a face. Boy I will definately remember HERS. To her I say thanks and for the rest of you at US west that may work with this woman I say Sorry.

NO WAY does that reflect the rest of us FA West attendants....as far as most of us are concerned you're a non-rev, especially in uniform, you can take what you want. I refuse to be a "bag nazi" and don't stand there arguing about bags...we run out of space, we run out of space. That is the gate agents responsibility. And being in uniform that shouldn't have happenend. I commute also in uniform, and would never want to be treated that way. Alot of FA's don;t know what we go through commuting, it's not a pleasure trip, I'm going to work or going home from work...sorry that happened to you, and as you said the other FA's apologized, so hopefully you won;t encounter that again...