******n E W S F L A S H ******

Garfield,
I think you were wrong about those PVD's, JFK is giving them out. Maybe the sicklist is down because there are actually less people sick? Historically and correct me if I am wrong anyone, but flu season ends around mid-late April. And since we are flying longer hours in an airplane with poor circulation wouldn't it justify the higher sicklist? Or how about just plain fatigue?
I am happy that it is down but like you pointed out, this is a give and take situation, you can't push us to extremes.

AAStew said:
Garfield,
I think you were wrong about those PVD's, JFK is giving them out. Maybe the sicklist is down because there are actually less people sick? Historically and correct me if I am wrong anyone, but flu season ends around mid-late April. And since we are flying longer hours in an airplane with poor circulation wouldn't it justify the higher sicklist? Or how about just plain fatigue?
I am happy that it is down but like you pointed out, this is a give and take situation, you can't push us to extremes.
The PVD's are limited. Were used to give PVD's to get reserves to fly. Now PVD's are being limited to get AVBL to fly and hold reserves back for sick calls and the like.

Garfield1966 said:
The PVD's are limited. Were used to give PVD's to get reserves to fly. Now PVD's are being limited to get AVBL to fly and hold reserves back for sick calls and the like.
Garfiled is right. The sick list is down. I have no idea as to why. Maybe AASTEW is right and there are just not as many sick flight attendants. Maybe Garfield is right and it is because we are granting more PVD. Who knows and who cares. It will never be solved. So we just need to live with it. High or low work through it.

The sick list went up a bit over the mothers day "holliday" Guess a few folks did not think they needed to work. Same old same old. Guess te next set of sick calls will hit on memorial day. BTW, did I mention that we work for an airline that is open 365 days a year. OH, by the way. Incase any one was wondering, THAT'S 365 DAYS I N A R O W!!!

Garfield1966 said:
BTW, did I mention that we work for an airline that is open 365 days a year. OH, by the way. Incase any one was wondering, THAT'S 365 DAYS I N A R O W!!!
Same old posting, same old Garfield. Maybe you enjoy kissing AA's *** and working 24/7/365, but some of us don't!