APFA Demands Recall of ALL Flight Attendants

My personal issue regarding the furlough situation is definitely about me. Sorry. I would like extended recall rights if it does not interfere with my paycheck. I simply can't afford to give anything else up.

If thAAt AAppeAArs selfish of me thAAn so be it.
Why not have your union complain about the inequity where TWU workers have 10 year recall vs your 5? Fixing this would cost the company nothing so why should you have to give up anything? If the company asks for something point out how the company took $600 million a year and gave nothing in return. The TWU only put in extended recall to thwart a raid, from what I've heard 5 years would have been more than enough for the mechanics, it took 38 recalls to fill 8 positions. Pretty soon they will run out and have to try and find people off the street.

Nancy was most definitely a hypocrite in chastising me for responding to FurloughedbyAPFA about the "gay" comment. I didn't feel the need to assert, or confirm, my "straightness," or "straaightness" LOL, because I am comfortable with my sexuality, and have no problem with what others do in the privacy of their bedrooms.
Quit whining. We know how you feel. Repeating it ad nauseum contributes absolutely nothing new to the discussion. Your complaining is getting to be as tiresome as the posts written by the most bitter and disgruntled minority of the former TWAers.

Quit whining. We know how you feel. Repeating it ad nauseum contributes absolutely nothing new to the discussion. Your complaining is getting to be as tiresome as the posts written by the most bitter and disgruntled minority of the former TWAers.

No whining here. Your constant jumping into threads simply to throw your "barbs" is just as tiresome to me.

You are free to skip over my posts, as I am free to skip over yours, if I so choose.

That is the whole point! NOBODY thinks there should be ANY cost associated with extended recall. It has been paid for with $600,000,000 in shared sacrifice or as I stated above, the ultimate concession.

AA stated that these furloughs were 9-11 related, not us, not the APFA. So AA, pony up and do the right thing.

As for the comment about being on a jumpseat for 5 hours: 1. If you're sitting on a jumpseat for 5 hours, you have more issues than flying with your furloughed peers..lol
2. Those returning want to be back flying. Having flown for years with these men and women, I can assure you that there are far more pressing topics to talk about...you all got screwed for one. Everyone. I went through 15 years of post strike flying and on the plane it was nothing but professional. There were certain crews that CHOSE not to socialize on layovers but on the plane, not a chance.

You are perceiving problems that just aren't there. Maybe too much listening to the rantings of JN and I don't mean John Nikides. Give it a chance and you might be pleasantly surprised. Remember the more back, the less reserve, less extended trips, and very possibly more bid leaves.

There is the usual "chicken little", "THEY" will control the voting rhetoric. Instead of preaching discrimination against ones peers, perhaps that time would be better spent educating apathetic voters on the importance of having their voices heard. That is what astounds me...blame people for actually taking the 2 minutes necessary to vote. Now that is unbelievable. When 80% don't bother, why condemn those who are willing to "express" their wishes? EDUCATE don't castigate.

Nancy,

With all due respect, I do think you are being a little naive where AA AND APFA are concerned.

Yes, we have given a large enough amount to AA to garner unlimited recall rights, but will it happen? No. Nothing with AA is ever granted for free. If APFA didn't negotiate it in writing to begin with it ain't happening. It ain't happening, of course, unless we give something else up for it.

I don't get myself fired up over management bonuses because I blame APFA for not having the foresight, or cojones, to get in writing that we should get snap backs when the company is doing better so I can't get too fired up about anything else that 'should' be happening.

Nancy,

With all due respect, I do think you are being a little naive where AA AND APFA are concerned.

Yes, we have given a large enough amount to AA to garner unlimited recall rights, but will it happen? No. Nothing with AA is ever granted for free. If APFA didn't negotiate it in writing to begin with it ain't happening. It ain't happening, of course, unless we give something else up for it.

I don't get myself fired up over management bonuses because I blame APFA for not having the foresight, or cojones, to get in writing that we should get snap backs when the company is doing better so I can't get too fired up about anything else that 'should' be happening.

Tell APFA to STOP signing LOA's to help the company with nothing in return. Your colleagues are tired and hungry. Just plain worn out. We are not a threat to your seniority. That issue is done with. Can we please just be on the same page and help each other? Can we not sit on the J.S. talking about galley gossip and what your kid's are doing, who got married etc? Just normal stuff.

Our TWA f/a's are really a GREAT group of people and would be thrilled to return to their job's. If you run into a recalled TWA f/a, please give them a hug and a Welcome Back.

Tell APFA to STOP signing LOA's to help the company with nothing in return. Your colleagues are tired and hungry. Just plain worn out. We are not a threat to your seniority. That issue is done with. Can we please just be on the same page and help each other? Can we not sit on the J.S. talking about galley gossip and what your kid's are doing, who got married etc? Just normal stuff.

Our TWA f/a's are really a GREAT group of people and would be thrilled to return to their job's. If you run into a recalled TWA f/a, please give them a hug and a Welcome Back.

I'm very happy to have any, and all, recalls back at work. I've been over the seniority thing for a long time. It's really not about that for me.

I just don't see a way that the APFA will secure unlimited recall rights without giving up anything else. Call me cynical.

I'm very happy to have any, and all, recalls back at work. I've been over the seniority thing for a long time. It's really not about that for me.

I just don't see a way that the APFA will secure unlimited recall rights without giving up anything else. Call me cynical.

Chris, then it must be legislated. AA used the 9-11 card. Now they need to do the right thing. Just because it has always been done one way, it doesn't mean that has to happen now. If AA doesn't want this to be determined by "law", then they should sign a no precedent, no referral LOA. God knows they've asked the APFA to sign off on a "few". I do think there are more to come but I want to insure the Oct 31 group are protected as well as the f/as that have already "fallen" off the seniority list.

There has been much discussion from those transfering from other depts. into flight service about having to "start over". Traditionally, never has craft and class been awarded a parity transfer. First reports about those having returned are very good. Baby steps!

APFA should not give back anything to the company. They have given enough. You guy's and gal's are the f/a's that are suffering. No movement in seniority, trip extensions, less time with your family.

Please support extended recall. One day this could very well affect you.

There are a couple of things that could have alleviated the furlough situation which we might look at during the upcoming negotiations. Both are no-cost items and won't involve senior people having to give anything up for the junior people.

First is the OVL (Overage Leave) system. In July of 2003 over 1300 people availed themselves of these leaves, saving an equal number of jobs for people who otherwise would have been furloughed. Unfortunately, a year later these people were forced to come back. If the OVL program were open-ended, as is the case at United and other carriers, many more junior people would be flying today.

The second is a recall bypass option. People on furlough who didn't find it convenient to return immediately could put it off, allowing someone who wanted to fly to return. Maybe someone in school, or with a young child, or someone waiting for a certain base to open. Of course, when the recall list was used up they'd have to come back or quit.

These are different times. Now that we know furloughs can last longer than a few months it would be a win-win situation for everybody.

MK
I was one of those on overage leave. I had to return to work. Granted they were giving us full benefits at the time, but I would have paid for my benefits if given the option. As it stands right now, I bid a schedule and then I PAY (not sell as someone here so loves to say)a trip trade service to get rid of them. Then I pay the company $847 per month to keep my benefits. I would rather you were flying my trips Kirkpatrick! It would save me quite a few hundred per month!

Tell APFA to STOP signing LOA's to help the company with nothing in return. Your colleagues are tired and hungry. Just plain worn out.

I thought they stopped that. It was reported on the APFA Hotline that they were no longer working "jointly," or whatever they call it.

You are right. We are tired, hungry and worn out, especially those of us in the midwestern bases where the trips truly stink.