new 514 president

Hewitt! That's his name! he was a tool just like yingst was. Glad they both got voted down.
The word today is that Ray Wilson won by 6 votes and then on a re count lost by 2. So Gary Yingst is our new vice president. I gotta agree with my buddy BigMac on the convention delegates. Same old crap. Also it was scary seeing how close Sam Cirri got to be on the executive board and the convention delegation. I am thinking we need to pass an IQ test before we are allowed to vote. Who in their right mind would vote for Cirri after him hide from the company and the membership both?

Reactions: 1 person
Maybe it's a good thing there was a low voter turn out as usual...
The word today is that Ray Wilson won by 6 votes and then on a re count lost by 2. So Gary Yingst is our new vice president. I gotta agree with my buddy BigMac on the convention delegates. Same old crap. Also it was scary seeing how close Sam Cirri got to be on the executive board and the convention delegation. I am thinking we need to pass an IQ test before we are allowed to vote. Who in their right mind would vote for Cirri after him hide from the company and the membership both?
Maybe it's a good thing there was a low voter turn out as usual...

I couldn't believe the amount of votes Cirri got. This is a guy who presided over the sell out and made a deal for himself in the process. Title 2 electronics???? Yeah I'm sure he got all that experience from covering seats.

OldGuy@AA, I am smh in disgust. What is wrong with these voters? Half the base didn't vote and those who did.. I don't understand their way of thinking. I halfway understand some not voting given the reason that this union is a joke and many seem not to care who is at the helm of this pathetic organization. Sad..plain sad

I couldn't believe the amount of votes Cirri got. This is a guy who presided over the sell out and made a deal for himself in the process. Title 2 electronics???? Yeah I'm sure he got all that experience from covering seats.
I agree with you Old Guy! How could anyone vote for Sam or Debbie. Most have already forgotten what went down. After the fleet service dept was closed down at the base and terminal and roughly 140 of us lost our jobs in tulsa, Sam was the only one to receive a transfer into Title 2. A nice pay increase to boot. It will sure make a thinking man do some thinking!!! I had a friend of mine over in hangar 5 tell me not to long ago that the reason the tulsa base mechanics were not so pissed off about this was because it did not affect them only fleet.. And you know that pretty much summed it up for me. I knew he was telling me the truth. Its ok to screw people over as long as it doesnt affect me ! But you know there is alot more to this story than we know . My response to my friend. NOT YET !!! Anyway I've been thinking if Sam received 344 votes maybe 24 or so came from others down at the hall so that leaves 320 other votes. Hmmm, how many managers and supervisors are at the base these days! Just thinking. Good luck to you guys up in Tulsa.

BigMac... I am thinking the lack of voters shows that there is a lack of interest in the TWU. I am there too, but I am not about to allow someone like Hewett to get another chance to sell me out. So I voted. Maybe we should have got the word out better for who to vote for.

FLYNFISH.... The first deal Cirri made would have allowed fleet service to work on the interiors of the airplanes right along side licensed AMTs that had been bumped down to OSMs. With the fleet service people making more money than the bumped AMTs. This was not acceptable. There were alternatives that could have been worked out, but once Cirri made his own deal he sold out his fleet buddies. There is a lot wrong with what went on and continues to go on. In my opinion, there should have been huge outrage throughout every work group when the TWU gave away the AMTs sick time pay and longevity (in 2003) while making sure fleet and stock clerks kept theirs. But the other work groups didn't seem to care. As a matter of fact, many stock clerks around here thought it was funny. I am of the thinking that we are either one union or we are not. This proved we are not so it was every man for himself.... The TWU way. I am sure fleet was very happy when Cirri was elected local 514 prez. When he campaigned I told him I would never vote for him because he did not understand my job and had not idea what it took to do it. I also told him he had no respect for the amount of responsibility that came with it. He told me he would fight for everyone. I told him sooner or later he would have to make a choice to either fight for all, or take care of himself and when that time came he would do like a good TWU guy and take care of himself. Turns out I was right. I wish you luck and I also wish things would have worked out differently, but the truth is that the TWU doesn't care about it's members and it's members don't care about each other.

Agreed. I did campaign and hand out cards for an individual running for an eboard position. He was the only guy that came around and campaigned in my area on my shift. I know some of the ones that just got elected. There are at least 4 that I know of ... that practically reside under managements desk like little rats. (That's putting it nicely).

Agreed. I did campaign and hand out cards for an individual running for an eboard position. He was the only guy that came around and campaigned in my area on my shift. I know some of the ones that just got elected. There are at least 4 that I know of ... that practically reside under managements desk like little rats. (That's putting it nicely).
I actually had fun listening to their spiel and then as they handed me their card I would ask how they voted on the contract and they would sheepishly admit they voted yes. I would ask them while I had my hand on the card If they wanted it back or if they wanted to watch me throw it in the trash. hahaha. I know what you are saying about the ones who live under the desks. Hopefully there will be a culture change with the new prez. We can dream can't we? I would like to attend a union meeting (have not been to one since 2003) and make a motion that since the TWU refuses to negotiate sick time pay for AMTs that the local reimburse the AMTs the pay lost when there is a sick occurrence. I'm sure it would be out of order but still fun to watch. I may wait until the new leadership gets cozy then do it.

I got this 'word" last night at work (AMTRAK), which is the Rail division of the TWU, that the # two man, Harry Lombarbo, is going to run Against "Little JIM .
Lombarbo is a real Union guy from Philly, who started out as a car cleaner for SEPTA (South East Pennsylvania Transit Auth.).
I'm guessing that election time must be on the horizon, for the Top Dogs.

Anyone else hear anything along these lines ?

Just heard today that when the ballots were recounted that the total came up 16 votes more than the original count. The guy that lost on the second count supposedly asked why that was and he was told that the 16 ballots had been initially tossed for errors and on the recount had been added in. Which changed the results of the election. Has any one else heard this?

Latest posts