New First Class Meals?

PHX PHLyer

Advanced
Nov 22, 2006
I heard from an FA today that new First Class meals rolled out this week....is this true? I have a roundtrip transcon coming up in just a little over a week (though I may not be upgraded)...then I used miles for my family and I to travel PHX-SJO in F over the X-mas holiday....so we will be getting a meal on those flights. So is it true? Will I see some new variety? I sure hope so. The FA said she saw it in the new AboutUS, not first hand...can anyone verify that or post the AboutUS?

It's just different grub being offered for sale in coach....keep your expectations low and you won't be disappointed.

From this week's AboutUS, it listed a start date of Dec 19th for the new F/C domestic meals. New entrees and somewhat larger dinner portions. From the pictures it looked like the same single tray setup - salad, roll, and Four Points Pie. No mention of glass or silverware though. Guess we will have to wait and see what appears on the trays in a few weeks.

From this week's AboutUS, it listed a start date of Dec 19th for the new F/C domestic meals. New entrees and somewhat larger dinner portions. From the pictures it looked like the same single tray setup - salad, roll, and Four Points Pie. No mention of glass or silverware though. Guess we will have to wait and see what appears on the trays in a few weeks.

Gotcha....I will be flying DCA-PHX on December 19th. If I get upgraded (its very hard on this route, though) I will report. Good that it is finally being rolled out though.

How ABOUT the food in F/C and the fact that most flights don't have it. In a crew news session a few months back now it was asked why food is SOLD in coach on two hour flights but nothing offered to f/c on the same flights. Doug even said he knew the problem would NOT be fixed when he came back a few weeks later. WHY is this so hard to manage? i just don't understand how they do business. Other airlines upgrade, change and alter service ALL the time. They can't even get a foil wrapped stack of bagels for a morning flight? C'mon already. We'll be left out of the next round of mergers alright. NOBODY WANTS NEAR US. :rolleyes:

They have loss all creditability...it is just plane rediculus. Not to be mellow dramatic, and I can't just let this fall to the waist side, but that is similar to what AA serves on a 2 hour snack flight sans the glassware, warm nuts, baked on board cookie, hot towels, and mints. I think it should be considered deflamation when US refers to the people sitted in the front of the plane as First Class. I can't believe you accept this as an improvement. If they tried to achieve mediocrity, that would be an improvement. This is a disgrace.

:rolleyes: From what I've heard, they the meals in first class are changing in mid december, :up: maybe the 19th or close to it. I also read that the meal windows (time of meals/snack) for first will change and offer food/snacks, during more times of the day. :up:

:rolleyes: From what I've heard, they the meals in first class are changing in mid december, :up: maybe the 19th or close to it. I also read that the meal windows (time of meals/snack) for first will change and offer food/snacks, during more times of the day. :up:

The "Pizza in a Box" has proven so popular in Envoy they are brining it to Domestic First Class as the new meal service!

Attachments

• usair131.jpg
    usair131.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 160
The "Pizza in a Box" has proven so popular in Envoy they are brining it to Domestic First Class as the new meal service!
that frozen pizza is almost as classy as the in-house designed signature swoosh!
is it available in aqua green and orange boxes?

is it available in aqua green and orange boxes?

no, they ran out of crayons. They have to wait until after christmas before the the supplies are restocked by santa claus. Bother way, once they are restocked, they are going to start having the F/A's use crayons to write their name on the tray table like they do at Macaroni Grill. Everyone will need to practice writing their name upside down. Remember, this is an all-american business crapual experience.

A couple of people are right on here, food will change on December 19th in first class. Some of the coach menu items have already changed on December 1 with a new snack box, both in outside design and inside contents. This will continue to trend on a more frequent basis with change. First class domestic will also change more frequently and should happen soon as well.

Money is becoming tighter and tighter with the high cost of fuel as well as other factors. There is a lot of change coming in the next several months, some can be perceived as good, some as necessary and some as maybe not so good, but change is on the way. We may be a very different airline by summer, in some ways.

There is a lot of change coming in the next several months, some can be perceived as good, some as necessary and some as maybe not so good, but change is on the way. We may be a very different airline by summer, in some ways.

Thank you UWCactus...when I read these types of posts, I am very thankful I now fly AA and CO. I can't wait to hear how bad you guys are in 6 months. When do you think you'll bottom out, or, do you think the folks in Tempe will keep brainstorming on ways to chase away customers and provide no value for the fares you charge? It seems you are the only airline that is focused on losing customers and devaluing the premium product--have you figured something out that AA, CO, UA and DL haven't? :rolleyes:

Money is becoming tighter and tighter with the high cost of fuel as well as other factors. There is a lot of change coming in the next several months, some can be perceived as good, some as necessary and some as maybe not so good, but change is on the way. We may be a very different airline by summer, in some ways.
pardon me, i speak westie. allow me to translate:

the collective intellect and innovation of our senior management team (shambles included) barely exceeds the collective intellect and innovation of a box of rocks. as such, we will continue to exploit our customers, most specifically our frequent flyers, with enhanced, in-house conceived revenue "opportunities".
we will leak glimpses of these "enhancements" utilizing clandestine posters on usaviation.

Latest posts

Back