New FC meals - where's the promotion?

First of all, I just arrived in SAN, and experienced the new catering first hand. It is certainly an improvement over what was. It actually seems like there's more to each serving as well. Ravioli Alfredo was a stretch, but it's good hearty food..no complaints here.

The FA did mention that they now have to assemble the entire meal tray one by one, rather than having them preassembled as they used to be. Perhaps they should make the setups complete except for the entree, and then just plate the entree? This is just from a workflow perspective for the crews, not a criticism.

As usual, I had a wonderful crew this morning, and enjoyed chatting with them after the service. PLUS, I had the unheard of experience of flying on a JET out of Islip this morning...36 min runway to runway!!
Now THAT's progress...

So it is an enhancement for sure, just not perhaps one I would think they'd need to advertise or publicize--but definitely a step in the right direction.

My best to you all...

Glad you had a good flight. With the new catering, you get a little more food and a little better food, and to cover those added costs, they now require the FAs to "plate" the food which saves money from paying the caterers to do it.

The food is much better than before. The salad they served was very fresh...I was really surprised. Still no glassware. And, let me tell you, the FA's were waiting for the FC pax to leave some leftover cheesecake. The A on our flight worked her butt off and did an awesome job.

The food is much better than before. The salad they served was very fresh...I was really surprised. Still no glassware. And, let me tell you, the FA's were waiting for the FC pax to leave some leftover cheesecake. The A on our flight worked her butt off and did an awesome job.

I believe some of the food such as salad Nicoise and Bowtie pesto chicken is pre-plated. Other things such as scrambled egges with biscuit/cheese, potato and turkey sausage must be plated by the FA. It may not all be glassware yet, but its getting there slowly. Give it some time...this is a huge transition for the new super large company. Look for some additional changes to food service, water, etc, in the months to come. Just remember..US Airways (just like America West) is a full service, low cost carrier. Full service can be defined many different ways, but first class seating and food service, assigned seating are the basis for the full service tag.

When catering plates the food and makes the tray ready to deliver...it adds to the cost. FA's have plenty of time to make up the tray...it's a pain, but it's very easy to do in the long run.

sky high states: You're perspective depends on if you had the TIME TO CHECK YOUR CART. See if you
had the "appropriate" catering items. The set ups (fork, spoon, knives) are now placed into the cart, NOT ON THE TRAYS. Imagine NOT having the TIME to check those necessary items as a set up? A little birdie told me, just yesterday, that
catering was called on the west coast because 14 set ups were NOT boarded. Finger food? anyone?

My only complaints have been expressed to Sherri personally at the CLT New Look meeting.

It is ridiculous to put the empty entree dish on the preset tray. UUHH, I would think silverware trumps the entree dish since now you have to take the COLD plate off the trays and find some place to store them and then heat them up.

By no means am I lazy, but these stupid decisions are not thought out and YES, DO create more useless work. Wrap them in foil like before so you can heat them up. Doesn't it make sense to put the silverware on the preset tray. Good gosh, the 321 has 26 people. Now there are only two f/a's in the back with 143 selling snacks and serving beverages with no help fron C because the galley up front is packed out in the most UNFRIENDLY manner and takes all the time. Unfortunately, not all in that position are as fast or organized as me. I literally served bev to all but three rows in coach AND I DID and WILL serve the whole can as long as the 321 continues to be the slaveship. Anyone who diputes it can either add staffing, change the policy, give East the party cups or kiss my aaassss!!. I refuse to put up with that crap!!

The Sandcastle has made WONDERFUL decisions that I like and am excited about but continue to drop the ball in the implementation dept. Also, if you tell the f/as glassware is back on June 14th, have it there or send a memo that it has been delayed, but TELL US!!! Geez!! :down: :down: <_<

Unfortunately, not all in that position are as fast or organized as me. I literally served bev to all but three rows in coach AND I DID and WILL serve the whole can as long as the 321 continues to be the slaveship. Anyone who diputes it can either add staffing, change the policy, give East the party cups or kiss my aaassss!!. I refuse to put up with that crap!!
get over yourself!

get over yourself!

You should only HOPE I am either your FC f/a or your C f/a if you are A F/A, so get over YOUR self!! I am confident as a f/a and confident about when I see bullshiit and the packing out of the 321 galley is total BS.

AND, serving all but three rows in coach isn't something to brag about. It is a sad commentary on behalf of inflight. This DID happen and it didn't happen because I had to prove something or try to be super stew, so there is nothing to get over and I will not get over stupidity, incompatence, or idiotics like you who for whatever are quick to run their smartass mouth for VALID reason.

So please JUSTIFY your idiotic response.

You should only HOPE I am either your FC f/a or your C f/a if you are A F/A, so get over YOUR self!! I am confident as a f/a and cofnident about when I see bullshiit and the packing out of the 321 galley is total BS.

So please justify your idiotic response.
i think they already elected the stewardess of the year... so, again, get over yourself!

i think they already elected the stewardess of the year... so, again, get over yourself!

Jealousy is soooo unbecoming of you, L to L!! Sad!! :lol:

These are the same kind of responses the customers get when they question the Sandcastle...shoot down the messenger. THANK YOU for giving me an understanding as to why sooooo many of our top fliers are throwing their hands up and leaving US Airways. You exemplify the WORST in the new US Airways. Congratulations!

I had the new F/C meal and it was pretty darn tasty. Which IIRC it was the topic of the thread

the meal was good...like i said, the spinach was unusually fresh. today i had the fruit bowl and yogurt. more variety of fruit could have been good, but it is a lot better than before. it doesn't take much to make us happy. once they learn that, things will be a lot better. however, no glassware. not that i have a problem with that, but like LCC#1 said, if you are saying you have glassware, do it. the FA today actually said they are moving too fast. Well, I paid $2700 for my ticket...i don't think they are moving fast enough.

sky high states: You're perspective depends on if you had the TIME TO CHECK YOUR CART. See if you
had the "appropriate" catering items. The set ups (fork, spoon, knives) are now placed into the cart, NOT ON THE TRAYS. Imagine NOT having the TIME to check those necessary items as a set up? A little birdie told me, just yesterday, that
catering was called on the west coast because 14 set ups were NOT boarded. Finger food? anyone?

I don't know if this will be carried over to the east side or not, but west has a policy of not taking delays for catering. So basically you can check your supplies all you want..chances are the truck has left the property and returned to the kitchen, and with no delays taken..you're stuck.