New FC meals - where's the promotion?

..chances are the truck has left the property and returned to the kitchen, and with no delays taken..you're stuck.
True, but they have simplified the FC product so much that I rarely have anything missing like in the old days of Signature.
Except in ORD.
Their kitchen sucks.
There is so little to check, it only takes 60sec or less.
(I can not speak for the A321)

FWIW, glassware is nothing new on West metal. I'm sure East will have theirs soon.
They have got it out of storage somewhere, cuz I have been seeing US logo glasses on my flights for the past few weeks.
Actually, a mix of HP and US. I like the US style wine glasses better.

Also, I think the reason for putting the flatware rollups seperate is to prevent them from becoming damp from condensation due to dry ice which sometimes happens, especially in the more humid climates.
Keep them safe and dry on their own tray since they only put on exactly enuf, no extras.
Don't have any idea as to the reasoning behind setting they trays w/the plate. Never bothered me, so I never thought of it before.
I work the 19/20, so I only have 6 plates to warm in the oven, and its not a big deal.

Keep them safe and dry on their own tray since they only put on exactly enuf, no extras.

Are they still catering (on those flights that have FC meals) the flight full? This was supposed to happen systemwide once we started offering Firstup (now GOFirst), but they stopped most FC meal service soon after. Just wondering if they are at least catering the front full or is it song and dance time when upgrades are done?

FWIW, glassware is nothing new on West metal. I'm sure East will have theirs soon.
They have got it out of storage somewhere, cuz I have been seeing US logo glasses on my flights for the past few weeks.
Actually, a mix of HP and US. I like the US style wine glasses better.

This is another prime example of Tempe catering towards the West customer. Say what you want. But why would West get "upgraded" (new logo) glasses BEFORE the east gets any glassware. That small crap really just reinforces many pax believe that Tempe snubs their nose at the East coast customer. You would think they would worry about getting glassware on East flights first and then sorting out the logo stuff.

But why would West get "upgraded" (new logo) glasses BEFORE the east gets any glassware. That small crap really just reinforces many pax believe that Tempe snubs their nose at the East coast customer. You would think they would worry about getting glassware on East flights first and then sorting out the logo stuff.
Please don't take it personally, I'm sure it has more to do with getting East kitchens on the same page, and their contracts amended to include this extra service (cleaning, sorting, boarding glassware), mebbe some extra workers on certain shifts, etc., than it has to do with trying to make you feel like an ugly stepsister.
The logo on the glass is really a moot point, tho isn't it? Most of the East style-wine glasses have no logo, and the East style rock glass is not as nice as the old West style, so I wouldn't really consider it an upgrade.
Not to mention, glasses break, and anything w/a West logo tends to wander off, so why buy something else to replace them with when there is all this East glassware sitting around?

And, Tadjr, West flights are always catered full in FC.
Years ago we had a "Top-off" program where they would add or remove as neccessary, but it was a pain and didn't always work (song and dance). Took a lot of man-power, too, to implement.

What's going on with the snack basket on the West side?

And, this is one of my pet peeves. You Westies ;) call it a snack BOX. It isn't. It is a basket that has various snacks in it, peanuts, sesame sticks/cashews, granola mix, shortbread cookies, biscotti, potato chips, and sometimes xoxo's. The flight attendant walks around with the basket filled with snacks and asks each pax if they want something. some pax take a handful like they've never eaten before, some take nothing. I call it the carbohydrate basket. Some people call it a meal. But in any event, it is a Snack BASKET and not a Snack BOX. Thank you. B)

The snack BOX is something different.
Thats what we sell with BOB in YC.
The FC snack basket was supposed to already have started, but was postponed, and they haven't given a new date.
However, I have had the snacks sans basket boarded on my past two DCAPHX flights.
I'm assuming its due to DC being a East hub, and caterers just throwing the stuff on automatically.
No XOs, tho.

too hot for xoxo's...they stop serving them in warm weather...how did you hand them out? just start throwing them? :blink:

Hand them out?
What do you mean? We divvied it all up between crew.
Can I help it if they didn't board a basket?...

JUST KIDDING!
The first week I used a blue cart drawer.
I used a tecnique I learned from FlyerTalk, and left the basket on the center console so pax could pick thru while I filled their drink order.
The second week, I didn't have the cashews, so was able to fit the selection on a base tray.

Hand them out?
What do you mean? We divvied it all up between crew.
Can I help it if they didn't board a basket?...

JUST KIDDING!
You may be kidding now, but wait until some of the full figured gals on your side start tasting the shortbreads...they are like heroin except rather than losing 25 pounds, they will gain 25 pounds :shock:

Naahh, we are safe from those.
We had our fill years ago when they were on the free coach meal trays.
I look at that red package and think "yuck".
Course, we have lots who were hired since the meals were discontinued, mebbe they will scarf them all up!

Naahh, we are safe from those.
We had our fill years ago when they were on the free coach meal trays.
I look at that red package and think "yuck".
Course, we have lots who were hired since the meals were discontinued, mebbe they will scarf them all up!

Trust me...you'll hear...oh, leslie, do you have any Cape Cods? Grab two bags and throw them in a plastic cup. Hey, Marge, I could go for some sesame sticks. Any cheescake left Cindy, oh, and grab me some biscotti while you are at it! :ph34r:

So I guess we should expect passengers to pay a first class fare to enjoy this new service ….OH wait they all want it for free……………………………….

So I guess we should expect passengers to pay a first class fare to enjoy this new service ….OH wait they all want it for free……………………………….

you think you know it all...i guess you just want a paycheck but don't want to do any work...with the fares you people charge me, I do expect better service in FC....