US Airways announces new service!

Fly4Free

Veteran
May 31, 2006
Wherever.
Thursday, May 3 2007

(AP) By Doug Skimmer

Today US Airways (LCC) announced new Cessna services from PHX to HNL daily. When confronted, Doug Parker, the CEO, had this to say: "The goal of our airline is to maximize profitabilty. Our new Cessna service will do just that."

When asked the frequency, he only had this to say: "At 3 pax per plane, we can maximize the cost by stopping along Mexican coastal towns and then coast to Hawaii."

Thursday, May 3 2007

(AP) By Doug Skimmer

Today US Airways (LCC) announced new Cessna services from PHX to HNL daily. When confronted, Doug Parker, the CEO, had this to say: "The goal of our airline is to maximize profitabilty. Our new Cessna service will do just that."

When asked the frequency, he only had this to say: "At 3 pax per plane, we can maximize the cost by stopping along Mexican coastal towns and then coast to Hawaii."

Fly, this is a joke isn't it????? :shock:

It complements the puddle jumper transcon service announced yesterday.

Wait, doesn't that already exist with the Mesa CRJ900's? :shock:

I saw the thread title and my first thought was with all the planes being parked what is being cancelled!?!?!

To clarify this last comment... I was looked at award ticket availability a week or so ago from CLT-west coast. The website actually showed me the following routing BUR-CLT:

9:28 AM 22 May Tue
Burbank, CA 10:55 AM 22 May Tue
Phoenix, AZ Flight: 2786
Class: Coach Canadair Regional Jet 900
On-Time: 90% Meal: None
Flight Time: 1 h 27 m

12:07 PM 22 May Tue
Phoenix, AZ 4:37 PM 22 May Tue
Kansas City, MO Flight: 2968
On-Time: N/A Meal: None
Flight Time: 2 h 30 m

5:35 PM 22 May Tue
Kansas City, MO 8:40 PM 22 May Tue
Charlotte, NC Flight: 2686
On-Time: 60% Meal: None
Flight Time: 2 h 5 m

once again - i just don't know what US is thinking. They should stop all commuter flying (rj's included). they should exclusively focus on flying mainline and drop all service to the smaller cities. this way we don't have to see jokes like this.

Back