New Paint Scheme

"this airline needs more than a new paint job"

True, but it also needs a new paint job. The dark blue is hot during the day and makes the airplane hard to see at night. It's obvious that Steve Wolf didn't spend much time at the airport.

If we do repaint the fleet I would make the top half of the fuselage white, the bottom half gray, and the tail and winglets bright red.

That new livery reminds me of a killer whale for some reason.

"I'm Orca. Fly me."

The current livery is much better than the one that is shown at the top of this thread. It's classic, distinctive - and says business travel (unlike Song, for example).

Recognizing the possible "oven" issues with hubs in PHX and LAS, I probably would consider one minor change. I would change the current blue to a slightly lighter shade as new aircraft are added to the fleet or as current aircraft are repainted. I wouldn't be too concerned about this issue, however. The best solution for the "oven" problem would be to have white planes. Unfortunately, so many others are doing this that they are losing their brand identity. Right now, you can barely tell JetBlue and UAL apart...and Delta's not too far behind. The marketing/branding negatives of a largely white or silver/gray plane outweigh the positives in other areas. Keep the livery basically the same - and start some real marketing.

I'm sure for a couple of million we can come up with a design that would win 3rd place in a 3rd grade art contest.

Here is an idea. Do what Western Pacific used to do. What is that? You don't remember them?

WestPac used to put pictures of showgirls from LAS on the tails of their planes. My idea goes better than that. Take pictures of all the oldest, most haggard and near dead looking F/A's. Put them on the tails...hell put them in the advertisements! Get some flight attendant with enough wrinkles on her face to look like Keith Richards in the ads and on the tail of a 25 year old 737. Get a pic of the former AFA head and have her mean image on the tail of a 767! Have the oldest and creakiest of the lot pose for tail shots. Then we can show the public the TRUE nature of our people!

And, just for fun...name a 330 after Stephen Wolf! :shock:

nycbusdriver said:
Name an airliner: "The Gambler"?
You outta you mind?
Why not: "Titanic" then?

Or "Friday, the 13th"?

"Mark of the Beast"?

"Tribulation"?
[post="275712"][/post]​

air disturbance lines

abominable airways

repugnant air

appallingly airborne

pallid countenance airways

nauseous air

blight light

united calamity

I can go on but you get the point.........

Honestly, I think a complete re-brand of the company is in order. I believe it needs to be done right by hiring a quality rebranding firm such as Landor Associates, creating a fresh, professional, contemporary look that reflects the legacy of all predecessor airlines of USAirways as well as America West, yet symbolizing movement forward in a new direction, a new beginning, a fresh start.

As much as I have a fondness for the legacy of PSA and Piedmont, I believe smiles on the aircraft would be inappropriate for a new low-cost airline that has global reach. The smile and the speedbird and the Mohawk indian chief were appropriate for its time.

El Gato said:
Here is an idea. Do what Western Pacific used to do. What is that? You don't remember them?

WestPac used to put pictures of showgirls from LAS on the tails of their planes. My idea goes better than that. Take pictures of all the oldest, most haggard and near dead looking F/A's. Put them on the tails...hell put them in the advertisements! Get some flight attendant with enough wrinkles on her face to look like Keith Richards in the ads and on the tail of a 25 year old 737. Get a pic of the former AFA head and have her mean image on the tail of a 767! Have the oldest and creakiest of the lot pose for tail shots. Then we can show the public the TRUE nature of our people!

And, just for fun...name a 330 after Stephen Wolf! :shock:
[post="275774"][/post]​

OH BOY do I have a candidate for the F/A picture tail. EXCUSE ME for this but the F/A on my recent CLT to PIT flight #630 on 6/2 was a bit too long in the tooth. She spent the entire boarding process whining and complaining. Needless to say she was standing right in front of me and I got to hear every ####, moan and whine. I nominate this wonderful F/A for the tail of recognition!!

hehehe the lipstick on the pig thing got me going. But in truth although it will be called U I like the color scheme of the HP planes. They are so bright and cherry. They look really pretty taking off. Soooo why not paint a whole map of the USA on the plane with bright colors for every state---no not the red and blue thing--but green mountains and lakes, and big sky all around it.

Instead of hiring a firm to rebrand our company, why not offer employees an opportunity to submit ideas and offer a cash prize incentive for the best overall design for a repaint - reimaging of the company.

MarkMyWords said:
Instead of hiring a firm to rebrand our company, why not offer employees an opportunity to submit ideas and offer a cash prize incentive for the best overall design for a repaint - reimaging of the company.
[post="275795"][/post]​

But that makes too much sense... and costs hardly any money, so that can't be a good idea.

MarkMyWords said:
[post="275795"][/post]​

Gee so original.... the curse this company carries will not be lifted by a simple name change, there is no magic in a name change when the people involved are either demons themselves or victims of an evil spell. Two negatives coming together with one Pollyanna running it will not produce another LUV in the real world. That only happens in fantasy land, you know, places like this forum.

Latest posts