New Paint Scheme?

BoeingBoy said:
Now someone has posted something on the ALPA board about an Airworthiness Directive on the lap joints of the fuselage because of possible delamination (the convertible issue but with different cause) - that means a pilot posted it so consider the source.
You'd be downright surprised how many of us USairways pilots have A&P mechanic licenses. My guess is that there are a lot more of us than USAirways mechanics holding ATP licenses with transport jet type ratings.

nycbusdriver,

No offense intended. Since I am one of those pilots (just not smart enough to have the A & P) I stuck that in as a little self-deprecating humor.

Jim

Speaking of new paint jobs, here's Uniteds!

Attachments

• AirlinersNetPhotoID513270.jpg
    AirlinersNetPhotoID513270.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 193
All planes get repainted on a continuous cycle. This new paint job costs less and takes less time to apply, therefore saving money.

700UW said:
First of all it is not a new paint job, it is temporary due to the lap joint repairs, it is scheduled to be painted in the future.

And as far as the plane being polished it is IAM covered work accomplished by US Airways Utility workers.

The plane was polished in PIT heavy maintenance before going back into service.
Airbus Heavy Maint. is IAM covered work too.....look how far that's got us.

aircraft damage is the reason for the new paint or the lack of.do you see all of the repairs done on the lap seams/window belts?no paint means easier to look at. future inpsections? damage was minimal but it had to be addresed per boeing.overkill maybe but why take a chance?and for those who know scratches in a/c skin can be very serious stuff.

Finnaly got 573 in LGA last night, looked good in the bare metal scheme and cust svc said had new carpet and seats and even had the new car smell thing going on in First Class. Today 573 ferried back to ARA (New Iberia, LA) for further paint work with an ETR on the 14th, which seems like a long time (two weeks). Anyone know what the plans are for this 737, did they change their mind and decide to paint it back ?

stoopidute442 said:
700UW said:
First of all it is not a new paint job, it is temporary due to the lap joint repairs, it is scheduled to be painted in the future.

And as far as the plane being polished it is IAM covered work accomplished by US Airways Utility workers.

The plane was polished in PIT heavy maintenance before going back into service.
Airbus Heavy Maint. is IAM covered work too.....look how far that's got us.
so whats your point?
i hear they got an attitude problem in philly...something in the water?