New Photo of US Airways E190 jet

Beachboy,

I thought that is where the two minis came from. Here is your first and second drink, I'll be in the back helping out, so this should keep you happy for a while.

As a customer I can understand this more than no drink service for the back on a PHL-MHT because the F/As only want to sell a credit card and sit for the rest of the trip.

I am sure this will be hard work for the FAs But other carriers are doing this on their regional RJs now, on aslightly smaller scale.

Duh... staffing abover minimums is a thing of the past. Northwest has only put two F/As on thier DC9s for years... back when were were still putting three on one hundred seaters and a gang on 757s. Great as it would be, it ain't gonna happen unless you have a jumpseater.

The service in First will be exactly as it is on any other aircraft then they help out in the back... the service is really quick. Remember your dealing with 2 and 2 not 3 and 3. If you really need 3 hours to make 11 drinks and set up a basket of crackers you're not fit to be in public. If you can't serve forty people and still tend to the first class cabin I wonder how you can evacuate a plane in 90 seconds...

Again it would be nice to have a third F/A but it would honestly be overkill. On the 72 seat version two felt like alot. A full can service took like three minutes. Maybe we were too into it, but we were able to do a full can, snack box, coffee tray, water tray on PHL ORD and still get homework done or read a whole People Magazine. Show me one F/A on any plane who is actually serving customers in first class the entire flight... serving, not sitting on the jumpseat or in the galley in the vicinity.... no matter how many refills you offer ot sweeps with the basket you do you are not serving the whole time.

These must be the same F/As that don't help out in the back on the 757s.

The blue doesn't look as nice as the gray did... but the old interior and exterior look was much better overall. And yes regular size bags fit in the overhead, and since there is no bar between seats you can fit a rollaboard under the seat in front of you... not sure if that would be uncomfortable since they went with the cramped LCC seat pitch on the 190.

USAIRWAYSFAN- the coach seats are not wider. They are the standard E-Jet coach seats and E-Jet first seats. If you fly on a 170 on a Delta or United carrier, they have first class and its the same seats we will have on ours. The first seats are wide... they are really pretty much the coach seats just bigger. The seat pitch on the 190 is not as good as it was on the 170. When Republic gets the 175 they are stuffing 86 seats in so they will lose the good pitch too.

Duh... staffing abover minimums is a thing of the past. Northwest has only put two F/As on thier DC9s for years... back when were were still putting three on one hundred seaters and a gang on 757s. Great as it would be, it ain't gonna happen unless you have a jumpseater.
I belive our DC9's had seating capacity of 101 and that's why we had 3 f/a's. Northwest had 99 or 100 seats...thus one less flight attendant.

We all must have been beaten down pretty bad to get this excited over an RJ!!!!! sorry

Look they relocated the F100's engines and called by a new name! I wonder if this bucket has crappy cooling and cheap landing gear too!

:lol: Let me know where you find some of those comment cards. This service as I stated ages ago is going to blow.

That's what I always admired about USAir. That gung- ho, can-do spirit of the workforce. You guys are defeated before you even get out of the gate. I pray for the poor Delta folks.

I belive our DC9's had seating capacity of 101 and that's why we had 3 f/a's. Northwest had 99 or 100 seats...thus one less flight attendant.
DC9 had 8F/93Y seating, but was later reconfigured to 12F/88Y. Yet they never pulled the 3rd FA. Same with the F100, right?

That's what I always admired about USAir. That gung- ho, can-do spirit of the workforce. You guys are defeated before you even get out of the gate. I pray for the poor Delta folks.
Convair 580,
That "can-do", "gung-ho" spirit that you speak of has been BEATEN out of BOTH Usair AND Delta Folks, due to the crooked bankruptcy laws...

I suggest you pray for both work groups.