NMB: Delta did not interfere with union vote

with all due respect, that comment could absolutely justify the need of a contract to protect labor best interest (but I understand what you were attempting to imply)

Generally throughout history, in rough economic times, pro-union legislation has always been minimized.

Painful meaning the committee had absolutely no knowledge or understanding of union issues RLA, NMB. So watching them with repeatedly ask the same questions with the same answers was painful.

It may have been "painful" to you but I'm sure it was enlightening for them. Not only that, but often they have to repeat or Q&A so that it goes down in the official Congressional record. (Much like in a Court of Law when attorneys ask questions that may have already been established or assumed--for the record.)
If Obama wins, I think you will see a shake-up with the Board so that it leans more toward labor. If that is indeed the case, you may very well see this issue (RLA method of voting) revisited.
I found the questioning from Westmoreland (R-GA), and obvious "friend" to Delta Corporate, particularly interesting. He and Vandewater were practically having a love fest.

Like I said before, with the economic climate turning (very) dim (thanks to recent events due to both parties), the last thing Washington will do is hinder companies in keeping the lights one. People talk about the next shoe to drop, unfortunately were in for a waterfall.

Generally throughout history, in rough economic times, pro-union legislation has always been minimized.

not quite, when the economy is healthy and robust, the concern for job security may be still an issue, but not quite as serious when the economic times are "rough". When the economy is turbulent and it does not give an easy feel for the every day worker, they then may feel the need to have their interest protected more so not minimized. Generally that is when a contract absolutely is imperative, protecting the workers interest in these types of downturns. When the economy is falling apart its generally a good idea to...have it in writing..

not quite, when the economy is healthy and robust, the concern for job security may be still an issue, but not quite as serious when the economic times are "rough". When the economy is turbulent and it does not give an easy feel for the every day worker, they then may feel the need to have their interest protected more so not minimized. Generally that is when a contract absolutely is imperative, protecting the workers interest in these types of downturns. When the economy is falling apart its generally a good idea to...have it in writing..

Without a profitable company, a contract is worthless, lets not put the cart before the horse.

Without a profitable company, a contract is worthless, lets not put the cart before the horse.

now, it is your turn to put the cart before the horse and get your side of reason instead of attempting to completely take ideas completely out of proportion or lack of any explanation why an agreement should not be in place at all... and your predication of decisions and subsequent career outcomes/job protections that will happen without anything in place in a tumultuous economy, as differing opinions are relevant.
lets keep in mind that is it is dedication and technological advancements/expertise of the employees who help secure those profits.. lets put people first ahead of that cart...and that horse.

I think Ms. Vandewater was very well spoken.

Well of course you do... Why am I not suprised?

You may want to bone-up on your civics: The NMB doesn't dictate to House Committee Members. That's why they are down below and the Commitee members are sitting above asking the questions. If the House Members don't like the answers and/or the receive enough feedback from constituents, then they have the power to bring a bill forth to change the statute....not the other way around.

Well put.

Without a profitable company, a contract is worthless

Quite the contrary; in troubled times, it's a "policy manual" that's worthless for employees. A contract is at *the very least* a legally binding agreement that a company has to petition a court to overturn.

lets not put the cart before the horse.

Loooove the new catchphrase! :up: :rolleyes:

OMG, you must be the most kool-aid drinking, naive, deltoid, I have come across.. First, if you don't have a contract. there is nothing to negotiate, anything can be done with the snap of a finger... SNAP!!!! TWO SNAPS!!! Just like your poor DELTA flying that will soon be headed to NWA crews, if you had scope, that wouldn't be possible, you sure don't hear talk of DAL crews working NWA planes... Please, you guys are in for a real treat, served with some sweet tea and a biscuit, I am just amazed everyday, at how stupid people are in this country... BAFFLED!!!!

"Delta said it has been informed by the NMB that the board found that the union's claims either are "unsubstantiated," "do not rise to the level of interference" or represent isolated incidents that did not amount to "pervasive conduct that would have tainted" the election results."

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/081001/delta_fligh...dants.html?.v=1
Oh you mean George Bush's NMB? That beacon of darkness? As corrupt as the president who selling us out to a communist country?

Oh you mean George Bush's NMB? That beacon of darkness? As corrupt as the president who selling us out to a communist country?

Ssssh Union AMT....it's "China" now.

They no longer refer to it by it's REAL name, "The Peoples Republic of [Communist] China". That was dropped by the propaganda Press in the early 90's. The New NW bosses of New Delta know this...they learned that when they threaten to outsource International flying then sent thousands of NW mechanic's jobs to Communist China.

Holy Crap..........

Its Wal-Mart with wings :down:

You anti-unionites better buckle down for some unpleasant surprises in the near future. Anytime there is a merger its the employees that get hosed. And you don't even have a voice (Union representation) to speak in your behalf? Does it not concern you that you have an ex-NWA CEO at the helm of your company....that all of a sudden is merging with that ex-CEO's company? Well now, it should. What about the NMB issue? Does collusion ring a bell? The writing is on the wall. Don't be so naive to not see it. NWA has historically had some of the worst employee relations in the industry. Now it's in your house.

Good luck to all the good folks over there. As for the rest of you suckers, I hope you get a long overdue education on how corporate works in the airline business. BTW, Google "AIR CON" to get a peek at what your management thinks of you. :down:

E.

What the hell kind of mumbo jumbo are trying to spin. An election is when you vote YES or NO. Not some corporate swindle made up by a group of flunkies on the payroll. "All of you who VOTE NO will say you don't want a Union" that's how that works.

Clearly, you are afraid of a democratic election (as most crooked corporate bacon are). There will be a Union at Delta (if this merger happens)...so get used to it.

First...I totally agree with you. :up:

Secondly, I have stated and have been mocked over the obvious, that NW is OUT-numbered! Pulling figures out of my @$$, I seem to recall there were 7000 NW fas as opposed to 14000 Delta fas or 2 to 1 ratio.

We are union and understand union...believe me I know. But non-union workers seem to be run by either fear or pride.

Delta didn't, a-hem, DIRECTLY interfere with the vote...

...but 'We are Delta hear us roar' :stupid: -may have been a non verbal interference.

Far be it for me to understand the great 'secret society' of the airlines, but in my type of business we hate mediators because they favor our employer. :stupid:

"Delta has pledged not to close any hubs or lay off frontline employees as a result of the merger.

But, the weak economy “gives them a talking point if they decide to make a change,â€￾ Corridore said. “It’s been my view all along that Delta has just been saying that they’re going to maintain all hubs because they want approval of the merger. But once it’s all done, they’ll revisit that and say, you know what, economic conditions force us to rethink that.â€￾

http://www.ajc.com/business/content/busine...tock_price.html

First...I totally agree with you. :up:

Secondly, I have stated and have been mocked over the obvious, that NW is OUT-numbered! Pulling figures out of my @$$, I seem to recall there were 7000 NW fas as opposed to 14000 Delta fas or 2 to 1 ratio.

We are union and understand union...believe me I know. But non-union workers seem to be run by either fear or pride.

Delta didn't, a-hem, DIRECTLY interfere with the vote...

...but 'We are Delta hear us roar' :stupid: -may have been a non verbal interference.

Far be it for me to understand the great 'secret society' of the airlines, but in my type of business we hate mediators because they favor our employer. :stupid:

Delta non union voting FAs will be out numbered almost 3-1 by NW and Delta union voters. The sad part of this is they have pissed away an brilliant opportunity for immediate pay and benefits as in the pilot contract.