NMB Makes Ruling on IAM/IBT Mechanics

A resounding defeat for the anti-union corporate stooges screaming for a decertification vote. First Fleet, now Mechanics and related.

Victories for the workers are long overdue. I hope they continue.

God Speed to one and all is all I can add to this thread.

I am long gone and forever more away from the big U and the IAM, thanks to the big guy upstairs.

I work with a fellow whose son is 23 years old and has less education than my own son, a simple 4 year degree. He is now out in AZ working in the IT department for U making 6 figures, six big ones. Twenty three years old with no union, no IAM. He never worried about what Frankie or Billy was doing or if that hanger was actually going to be built, never worried about why there was a second vote, on and on. The union member will never catch up to this twenty three year old even with 30 years seniority. Unions in action and why I sincerely say to all left behind, God Speed to you all paying dues.

God Speed to one and all is all I can add to this thread.

I am long gone and forever more away from the big U and the IAM, thanks to the big guy upstairs.
I work with a fellow whose son is 23 years old and has less education than my own son, a simple 4 year degree. He is now out in AZ working in the IT department for U making 6 figures, six big ones. Twenty three years old with no union, no IAM. He never worried about what Frankie or Billy was doing or if that hanger was actually going to be built, never worried about why there was a second vote, on and on. The union member will never catch up to this twenty three year old even with 30 years seniority. Unions in action and why I sincerely say to all left behind, God Speed to you all paying dues.
Thanks for the God Speed. Could have been worse and it sure beats being face down in the cement or covered with dirt. We will survive, as always.
Now, where the sam hill is my IAM rep and what is he doing to make my life better. Let's keep his nose to the grindstone and make him earn his keep!

Yep it's time to see what the IAM is can accomplish ...many are looking at this as their final chance.....

Brother don't get your hopes up because the light at the end of the tunnel is the IAM train coming right at ya! With Doug driving it!

Oh Man! We just got hit by the bus, now a train! BTW, did anybody get the license plate of that Merger Bus?! THANKS DOUG!

US Airways/America West mechanics are now IAM. This is what was told to maintenance this evening. We will be forced to operate under the bankrupcy contract. Another ding to America West employees.

Just remember, now the true war starts, the former HP 737s and A320 family aircraft will now have to be done in-house, Al "head in the way" will fight tooth and nail to cut costs, stand tall and together and show the company we mean business, remember Doug's motto "cost neutral" while he and others make millions.

And to b737 mechanic, you have not lost anything, you are whining prematurly.

Fred was right!

Told you so!

Gee, Andy has to go back to work now!

Everything will remain status quo until the company and the IAM sit down and negotiate. And if you are in the same classification under the IAM/US CBA you will be transitioned when the negotiations are complete.

IAM Update

Gee what a surprise, silence from the ibters.

maybe we are silent because we know we are gonna get it in the @## and if we open our mouth doug will stick it in there too!!!!!!

you never answered one of my first questions to you, what would you do if you were in our place... just lie there and take it????

with the new 3% dcp i can by an extra soda every day... YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! your union job is safe for now and those 1800 cleaners will still be out of work and they caused a no vote.......

Maybe 700u can answer this, since the IAM contract is so great and it will bring more work in house then that means recalling people who have more senority than 90% of us at america west the teamster pay wasnt so great but i had senority now i lost senority, pay, vacation, sick leave nd as more jobs come back the farther down the ladder and closer we all at america west we be out the door, just as screwed as all the twa people were, all gone and i wondering is there any independant statements other than dougie saying we were in trouble, i think he said that just to keep us from talking crap about how we didnt need us air
you should be more concerned with the price of gas and how it shall affect your career..... :shock:

maybe we are silent because we know we are gonna get it in the @## and if we open our mouth doug will stick it in there too!!!!!!

you never answered one of my first questions to you, what would you do if you were in our place... just lie there and take it????

with the new 3% dcp i can by an extra soda every day... YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! your union job is safe for now and those 1800 cleaners will still be out of work and they caused a no vote.......
All ready giving up?

First of all you are not gonna move backwards.

Two, you are just laying there wallowing in self-pity, all ready having a defeatist attitude.

Three, the 3% DCP plus the 401k match is more then you are getting now, you dont have a pension plan at all.

There are not 1,800 cleaners, there were only 700 when the final offer CBA was ratified, and there will be a recall of mechanics, stock clerks and utility as your former HP aircraft are sent to CLT and PIT for overhaul.

Don't let the facts get in your way.

All ready giving up?

First of all you are not gonna move backwards.

Two, you are just laying there wallowing in self-pity, all ready having a defeatist attitude.

Three, the 3% DCP plus the 401k match is more then you are getting now, you dont have a pension plan at all.

There are not 1,800 cleaners, there were only 700 when the final offer CBA was ratified, and there will be a recall of mechanics, stock clerks and utility as your former HP aircraft are sent to CLT and PIT for overhaul.

Don't let the facts get in your way.
What makes you think ourmetal has to go back east for overhaul. Do u think we're not capable of doing a heavy in the west? :angry: