NMB Makes Ruling on IAM/IBT Mechanics

You dont vote to strike on a transition agreement.

Typical ibt response I ask what are YOU gonna to make things better and get involved and once again you avoid answering the question.
Man, you need to put the wheels back on the track! Since it was announced yesterday that the IAM is going to be the UNION that reps class and craft, you have been posting nothing but name calling, antagonistic taunts, belittlement, and mud slinging. What is with you? If anyone sounds bitter, it is you.

Fact of the matter is: we are all IAM now. So why not act like it! Nobody said that they would STRIKE if the transition agreement was screwed up; only that it was an option later. If IAM does not represent the membership as expected, in 364 days a showing of interest vote can be requested.

You posted: "You are the IAM, not the GCs or officers, what are you going to do to make things better?" Are you stating that because we are IAM members now, we have no voice in what the IAM does on our behalf?

I accept the fact that I am going to be IAM. I will be a good member; however, I will not be a sheep. I plan to be active and involved in my new UNION activities. I will voice my opinions, wants, desires, agreements and disagreements. If the actions of my new UNION are in line with my beliefs, I will praise them to no end. If I think they are not acting in my best interest, I will let them know that in no uncertain terms.

So let's can the rhetoric and make this transition as easy and pain free as possible.

Apparently you cannot read what awaustech has posted.

Go read the RLA you can only strike during Section 6 Negotiations or a major dispute.

And yes I am gloating after all the insults, attacks and mudslinging I and others have taken from your ibters and the IAM has prevailed.

I am asking what is HE gonna do to make things better and he has yet to give a true answer.

And I am very happy that you will be involved and voice your opinions, now is the time for everyone to come together and stand up against the company, but alas I can't see that happening with the bitterness of the former ibters at HP.

I hope they prove me differant.

If the ibt learned to actually count we would probably have a transition agreement by now instead of a six month delay in sitting down and negotiating.

I spoke with a GC yesterday and Hemenway better be prepared, it is payback time from Section 1113 C bankruptcy Negotiations. He is the one who is going to be travelling to the east coast and living in a hotel the IAM is not going to go to the Sandcastle to negotiate.

Apparently you cannot read what awaustech has posted.

POST #35 (awaustech):
WELL MY IAM BROTHER" OUR NEW TO ME AT THIS AIRLINE (IAM) NEEDS TO GET OFF THE POT AND START WORKING FOR THE DUES PAYING MEMBERS OR 364 DAYS TILL WE CAN VOTE THEM OUT!!! Taunting aside, sound like he said, look out after me or we will have a showing of interest vote in a year.

TAKE YOUR BEST SHOT 700UW! Another useless taunt. Don’t take the bait! I AM A MAN AND WILL BE LOOKING AT ALL THE iam IS GOING TO DO FOR US ALL AS UNION BROTHERS! We will be watching what the IAM is going to do for us all.

BET WE IN THE WEST GET UNDER THE BUS WHEELS. I don’t know if I plan on being a chock.

POST #37 (awaustech):
VOTE TO STRIKE AND ONLY VOTE ONE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!! Could be a future action?

POST # 39 (awaustech):
Get a grip I do stay involved WITH MY UNION AND WILL BE HOT ON THE HEALS OF THIS UNION AS I HAVE SEEN THEY NEED IT! He is involved and plans to continue to be involved.
SO DON'T TRY TO BLOW OF THE IAM BS AND LIES ON ME SO SOON! Another taunt?

POST # 41(awaustech):
AS YOU ASKED: (I ask what are YOU gonna to make things better and get involved)ANSWER: I WILL STRIKE, YOU KNOW WALK OUT SHOW NO FEAR, STAND FOR WHAT I WANT!!! OR DO WE NEED TO VOTE AGAIN!!! He repeated your question and gave you an answer.

I'AM IAM NOW He has accepted that he is now IAM WHATS YOUR PROBLEM NEVER SEEN A MAN STANDUP FOR WHAT HE WANTS OR ARE ALL YOU BOYS BACK EAST SHEEP OF THE IAM. More taunts.

POST#42 (awaustech):
why the sudden silence? No quick answer from you, so another taunt.

POST #43 (awaustech):
SO DO WE GET A VOTE ON THE TRANSITION AGREEMENT? He asked a logical question.
AND IF IT TAKES 3 TO 4 YEARS AND WE GET TIRED OF THE STALLS BY THE COMPANY AS YOU SAY WE CANNOT VOTE TO STRIKE! And came to a his conclusion.

HERE WE GO AGAIN! :lol: :lol:
:lol: AT ALL OF US!
Could this be laughing at all of us?

I fail to see where I missed anything that awausairtech posted.

Go read the RLA you can only strike during Section 6 Negotiations or a major dispute. Maybe in the future when it applies, I will read it, I don’t have a dispute at this time.

And yes I am gloating after all the insults, attacks and mudslinging I and others have taken from your ibters and the IAM has prevailed. The NMB made a decision, it is over with, get rid of the anger, move forward!

I am asking what is HE gonna do to make things better and he has yet to give a true answer. He answered in post 37 & 39.

And I am very happy that you will be involved and voice your opinions, now is the time for everyone to come together and stand up against the company, but alas I can't see that happening with the bitterness of the former ibters at HP. I haven’t read bitterness in to the post since yesterday, except yours. We IBTers accept the NMBs decision.

I hope they prove me differant. Only time will tell.

If the ibt learned to actually count we would probably have a transition agreement by now instead of a six month delay in sitting down and negotiating. Mistakes happen, experience is gained through mistakes, wisdom comes from not repeating the same mistake.

I spoke with a GC yesterday and Hemenway better be prepared, it is payback time from Section 1113 C bankruptcy Negotiations. He is the one who is going to be travelling to the east coast and living in a hotel the IAM is not going to go to the Sandcastle to negotiate. Again, with the bitterness, you already have a contract, we on the WEST side of the house have the unknown and now we have to worry about ‘payback’ ; sounds completely rational to me. I hope everyone involved in this transition agreement is prepared, not just Hemenway. [/quote]

An old saying goes: “We have met the enemy and he is us.â€

We need UNITY to make this work. No group hugs though!

During an overhaul you dont overhaul the engines, and our mechs can be trained on the IAE Engines quickly.

And he said he would strike, something that is prohibit by law, once again he has failed to actually answer on how he is going to get involved.

Think all west coast tech are worried that the IAM will fight to bring the work back to the east...
Then PHX will become a ghost town when the company needs cost savings.. Maybe I should only speak for myself. :blink:

Good thing is we may finnally get an actual copy of the IAM contract... lol :rolleyes:

700 or any other east tech one question.. As far a payscale, are the "steps" years of service or year of service? IBT contract is year of service, I'm hoping the IAM payscale is same or I will loose more per hour then I had anticipated..

The IAM will not seek to punish anyone, Bob, where are you pulling that out of?

They will seek unity, just as the IAM did with the TWU after the HP Fleet Service became IAM.

We know all about Hemenway and he does not have the Judge in his pocket this time in negotiations, we warned him that we will be back for more once the dust was settled.

After the way he acted in negotiations during bankruptcy and telling the company they were right to outsource the airbus, some payback will becoming to Head in the way.

This is the opportunity to correct the wrongs.

I am not sure if you are responding to one or more than one post. First part of your post; "During an overhaul you dont overhaul the engines, and our mechs can be trained on the IAE Engines quickly." "I didn't question engines during heavy checks. We didn't overhaul engines at AWA either. I agree your mechs can be brought up to speed quickly. Basic righty-tighty, lefty-loosey and the theory of suck, bang, blow. Moot point. Your point about the West not having the tooling is also correct. Our tooling was sent away before we were unionized to begin with.

Now to the second part of your post: "And he said he would strike, something that is prohibit by law, once again he has failed to actually answer on how he is going to get involved." He, as an individual cannot strike, other than to resign. Not likely. At this stage less than 24 hours since notification that the IAM is the representing union of our class and craft, how can anyone actually answer how he or she is going to be involved. There are so many variables and unknowns. The fact that he is willing to be involved is the most telling of his statements. He has made a verbal commitment to be involved. Not someone sitting idle on the sidelines. What more can you ask? I know that I will be involved, exactly how as of today, I don't know, but you can be assured that I will be involved with my union and how it represents me and my fellow members.

For what it is worth, don't hang on to each and every word posted, if it is a rant, treat it like one, put it on the back burner. As far as the IBT/IAM battle of the past months; you were correct, we were wrong. Now lets play in the same sandbox and make the best of it. :)

Agreed.

Time to put it all behind and work together for a great new transition agreement.

Time to start flexing muscle again.

I believe the IAM Leadership of 142 will be visiting PHX very soon to set up things, meet with you and select committees, I would also thing that a GC might be appointed from the West and a member selected for the Negotiating Committee.

As most of the current iam membership know and the awa employee's will soon find out is the iam won't do anything for us. They will only do what keeps the maximum amount of dues payers on their payroll. Hey someone has to pay for franks new $108,000/yr job. The iam has been in bed with the co. for years. Ask anyone. Don't get me wrong. I don't think the ibt is any better. The unions are just a business looking out for themselves. I would be surprised to see any of the west work. Doug made it clear some time ago that west acft will continue to be farmed out. The iam talks big but thats all. Like I said earlier don't expect anything. The End

Until the bankruptcies the IAM/US CBA was the cream of the crop in the airline industry.

The IAM is only as strong as the membership.

And Doug will have no choice, the west A320 family and 50% of the 737s must come in-house, the scope language has been tested and the IAM has prevailed and it is precedent setting.

Think all west coast tech are worried that the IAM will fight to bring the work back to the east...
Then PHX will become a ghost town when the company needs cost savings.. Maybe I should only speak for myself. :blink:

Good thing is we may finnally get an actual copy of the IAM contract... lol :rolleyes:

700 or any other east tech one question.. As far a payscale, are the "steps" years of service or year of service? IBT contract is year of service, I'm hoping the IAM payscale is same or I will loose more per hour then I had anticipated..

A step is the same as a year in the contract. Your Maintenance director (OURS) Huey was in clt several months ago and told us when the AW checks would have to be brought in house under OUR contract language, they would max the clt and pit hangars out to full capacity and still have to find a place for 1 more line. He mentioned that maybe they could squeeze it into Phx. The clt hangar is running at over 60% less capacity than we did in the late 90s. We once had all 5 bays filled up and several drop ins in between the bays and 2 or 3 more bulkhead mods and drop ins being worked outside on the ramp under home made tents.

Until the bankruptcies the IAM/US CBA was the cream of the crop in the airline industry.

The IAM is only as strong as the membership.

And Doug will have no choice, the west A320 family and 50% of the 737s must come in-house, the scope language has been tested and the IAM has prevailed and it is precedent setting.

I concede very grudgingly that in this cut throat business unions are almost a necessity, another reason I would never return, but I digress: At one time U did indeed lead the pack and we had a best damn contract in the industry, but the IAM leaders that are still in power let way too much happen and that has nothing whatsoever to do with the membership, like you are always shouting.

The leadership that is the IAM have made some mortal enmities and lucky for them most of these people who would love to literally kill them are long gone. The younger guys with the balls got the shaft while the gutless wonders and yes men with seniority stayed on aboard. What the senior membership and the IAM leaders did was indeed precedent setting alright, but in the completely wrong direction. What happened to people paying union dues should be criminal but the leadership on both the company and union are praised and rewarded. Then we read posts like yours that makes guy like myself want to spit blood. You couldn't pay me enough to ever again have anything to do with unions and their illusions, and trust me fellow, I am only one of many that feel this way. I could send you hate mail until your server crashed from tons of mechanics, yet you get on here worshipping the IAM like they are infallible.

Don't worry 700, I will not respond to your nonsense nor ever read these boards any longer, it’s over for me, just a damn shame the IAM is still there. I just wanted to point out some very real facts to balance your insanity called posts.

I concede very grudgingly that in this cut throat business unions are almost a necessity, another reason I would never return, but I digress: At one time U did indeed lead the pack and we had a best damn contract in the industry, but the IAM leaders that are still in power let way too much happen and that has nothing whatsoever to do with the membership, like you are always shouting.
The leadership that is the IAM have made some mortal enmities and lucky for them most of these people who would love to literally kill them are long gone. The younger guys with the balls got the shaft while the gutless wonders and yes men with seniority stayed on aboard. What the senior membership and the IAM leaders did was indeed precedent setting alright, but in the completely wrong direction. What happened to people paying union dues should be criminal but the leadership on both the company and union are praised and rewarded. Then we read posts like yours that makes guy like myself want to spit blood. You couldn't pay me enough to ever again have anything to do with unions and their illusions, and trust me fellow, I am only one of many that feel this way. I could send you hate mail until your server crashed from tons of mechanics, yet you get on here worshipping the IAM like they are infallible.
Don't worry 700, I will not respond to your nonsense nor ever read these boards any longer, it’s over for me, just a damn shame the IAM is still there. I just wanted to point out some very real facts to balance your insanity called posts.
Could this be the lead in to the "sound of silence"?
I'd bet that since you posted, you will read it just to see if you got an answer.

Back