NMB Makes Ruling on IAM/IBT Mechanics

The CBA states 50% of the 737s, but currently at US/East all the 737s are done in-house and not outsourced.

Until the bankruptcies the IAM/US CBA was the cream of the crop in the airline industry.

The IAM is only as strong as the membership.

And Doug will have no choice, the west A320 family and 50% of the 737s must come in-house, the scope language has been tested and the IAM has prevailed and it is precedent setting.
Don't Think The IAM has the Power to Over RULE the FAA,remember we Are still operating UNDER TWO CERT'S,So Until that Transition happens. We @ HP wiil continue to see check's @ Timco Etc: DOn't Get such a BIG IAM EGO,Going.I don't want to see you Fall so Hard,And Hurt your self inflated EGO. MWW

Don't Think The IAM has the Power to Over RULE the FAA,remember we Are still operating UNDER TWO CERT'S,So Until that Transition happens. We @ HP wiil continue to see check's @ Timco Etc: DOn't Get such a BIG IAM EGO,Going.I don't want to see you Fall so Hard,And Hurt your self inflated EGO. MWW
You like Mick?? I like Mick... ;)

There will be a timeline for coming in-house...doesn't happen with a flip of the switch.Will be serious movement towards a transition agreement.....soon....if DP is looking towards another merger,nothing worse for those prospects than sticky labor issues from all groups,know what I mean?
later on dude.... ;)

Apparently you cannot read what awaustech has posted.

Go read the RLA you can only strike during Section 6 Negotiations or a major dispute.

And yes I am gloating after all the insults, attacks and mudslinging I and others have taken from your ibters and the IAM has prevailed.

I am asking what is HE gonna do to make things better and he has yet to give a true answer.

And I am very happy that you will be involved and voice your opinions, now is the time for everyone to come together and stand up against the company, but alas I can't see that happening with the bitterness of the former ibters at HP.

I hope they prove me differant.

If the ibt learned to actually count we would probably have a transition agreement by now instead of a six month delay in sitting down and negotiating.

I spoke with a GC yesterday and Hemenway better be prepared, it is payback time from Section 1113 C bankruptcy Negotiations. He is the one who is going to be travelling to the east coast and living in a hotel the IAM is not going to go to the Sandcastle to negotiate.

700, I have a question for you. Are you on the negotiating commitee? And if so, is the IAM going to stick the west mechanics with the bankrupcy contract? Meaning, are we going to lose vacation and sick time and our hourly wages going to be dropped down? Dont get me wrong, I would love to see a heavy check line or two in the hangar. But the feeling out here in the west is we are just going to be put under that contract and thats it. We work 4 tens out here on graves. Our shift differential would be taken away and all sorts of bad stuff would happen. I have a copy of the contract and the things I dont like reading is losing money. I know it is not your fault but we were in contract talks with the company before this merger took place and was getting close to hashing everything out and then DP halts everything and merges two airlines together. And now it seems like we have to wait until 2009 until a new contract. I dont know about you but the cost of living out here is outrages and I for one would like to see a raise.

I am just asking from one IAM member to another.

Thanks

Let me explain this one more time as you have not read my other post.

US Airways East is a Part 145 Repair Station, we have overhauled other airlines planes as our repair certificate issued by the FAA permits us to do that.

We have overhaule planes for America West, Challenge Air Cargo and Air South when we performed Third Party Maintenance Work before.

The IAM/US CBA scope language has been tested in arbitration before (in case you did not know Arbitration is precedent setting) and the IAM Prevailed, unless Doogie wants to end up in Federal Court with a major dispute, a possible strike and monetary damages he will do what he is legally bound to do and bring the former HP A320s and 50% of the 737s in-house.

Can you understand that now?

To Awajetfixer:
I was a member of the Mechanic and Related Negotiating Committee, now that we are doing to be seperate, I doubt I would be involved in the Mechanic talks.

No one knows the outcome of the Transition Negotiations, it is the IAM's goal to ensure NO one loses anything, ie pay, vacation, benefits, ETC, I talked to a GC Friday and he informed me it was payback time for Al (Head in the way) Hemenway. We have been down this road before with several previous mergers and no member from another carrier was harmed in the transition agreement.

The one thing I can just about bet the house on is that everyone is going to pissed off by the company's position and tactics, I believe this Transition Agreement will be a very big challenge and unless the members unify behind the Negotiating Committee we are not going to fair well or the talks will drag on forever.

It is time to put the past six months behind us and start fresh and focus our attention on the company and securing our future with the best Transition Agreement that we can get.

During an overhaul you dont overhaul the engines, and our mechs can be trained on the IAE Engines quickly.

And he said he would strike, something that is prohibit by law, once again he has failed to actually answer on how he is going to get involved.
Heard two things from training, not sure of the dates but anyone attending airbus recurent training on the east side will get a IAE engine differences course as well, the other thing was being U east or west don't actually overhaul their engines they only perform the QEC's that no matter whos engine it is, an engine changed east of the miss goes east an engine west of the miss goes west thats what was said no time frame giving!

700, I have a question for you. Are you on the negotiating commitee? And if so, is the IAM going to stick the west mechanics with the bankrupcy contract? Meaning, are we going to lose vacation and sick time and our hourly wages going to be dropped down? Dont get me wrong, I would love to see a heavy check line or two in the hangar. But the feeling out here in the west is we are just going to be put under that contract and thats it. We work 4 tens out here on graves. Our shift differential would be taken away and all sorts of bad stuff would happen. I have a copy of the contract and the things I dont like reading is losing money. I know it is not your fault but we were in contract talks with the company before this merger took place and was getting close to hashing everything out and then DP halts everything and merges two airlines together. And now it seems like we have to wait until 2009 until a new contract. I dont know about you but the cost of living out here is outrages and I for one would like to see a raise.

I am just asking from one IAM member to another.

Thanks

I am a ex pit mechanic. Asking 700 anything just inflates his already over blown ego. He was thrown off the yahoo boards years ago because of his insanity. He is no different today, except now part of the IAM, typical. He was a lav truck guy, utility and stores and went into telling mechanics how much they should make and what they should live by in their contract. Doesn’t have a A&P in a A&P so called union. Typical Wise Guy is his hero. This is the kind of people running the IAM. You would be better off belonging to the Hezbollah. Yes you will end up dead but at least getting there would be a better ride than taking the IAM train of corruption.

ATTENTION EVERYONE: Have a nice life and if reading and believing 700 makes you sleep better, well have at you poor :censored:

Don't worry 700, I will not respond to your nonsense nor ever read these boards any longer, it’s over for me, just a damn shame the IAM is still there. I just wanted to point out some very real facts to balance your insanity called posts.
Gee,

Welcome back, guess you cant keep your word.

Got $10 sez the US contract will be imposed on AWA.

Why?

1.It's the cheapest route for US to take. AC (and apparently, DP) doesn't care if it pisses you off. He's good at that.

2. The IAM ain't about to spend hard-earned dues money on an iffy proposition. They are a sure thing gambler.

3. Last, and most important - remember how US used the court system during 2 BK's. Imagine US and the IAM comes to an impasse. This ain't section 6, and you ain't going on strike. Given that, it'll see arbitration and possibly, court. US is batting .1000 when it comes to taking money out of your pocket via court.

The company will throw the IAM a few bones,and the IAM will declare victory.

Paybacks for Hemingway? A nuisance factor, perhaps. A major hit in the billfold? Probably not, unless the IAM hires Teddy X. to rep for them! :D

Bottom line. The current IAM contract becomes amendable in the next decade. Get used to it.

They cannot impose the contract, that would be a change in the status quo which the company cannot due under the railway labor act.

Which would be a major dispute which would leave the membership free to strike.

Legally they have to negotiate a transition agreement.

Dio, I have personally spoken to several members of the negotiating committee, believe me we all were there during the last bankrupcty and it is payback time.

You like Mick?? I like Mick... ;)

There will be a timeline for coming in-house...doesn't happen with a flip of the switch.Will be serious movement towards a transition agreement.....soon....if DP is looking towards another merger,nothing worse for those prospects than sticky labor issues from all groups,know what I mean?
later on dude.... ;)
Thanks DUDE, Appreciate the Info Allways, from you.It come's with Built in character. MWW

Gee,

Welcome back, guess you cant keep your word.
He is no different today, except now part of the IAM, typical. He was a lav truck guy, utility and stores and went into telling mechanics how much they should make and what they should live by in their contract. Doesn’t have a A&P in a A&P so called union. Typical Wise Guy is his hero. This is the kind of people running the IAM.
IF YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE MY REPRESENATIVE FOR THE TRANSITION,IAM DISSAPPOINTED & DO NOT LOOK FORWARD IN WORKING WITH YOU(PERIOD.
MWW.

You dont need an A&P to negotiate a contract, funny I was on the committee with a GSE mechanic, five AMTs, and the DL President and GLR were both former rampers.

An A&P does not make you a negotiator, knowledge and skill does.

Ok, smart guy answer this at the ibt local 104 your lead negotiator does not have an A&P and does not even work for an airline, he loads boxes for UPS. What is up with that?

You dont need an A&P to negotiate a contract, funny I was on the committee with a GSE mechanic, five AMTs, and the DL President and GLR were both former rampers.

An A&P does (not) make you a negotiator, knowledge and skill does.

Ok, smart guy answer this at the ibt local 104 your lead negotiator does not have an A&P and does not even work for an airline, he loads boxes for UPS. What is up with that?
700, I really think you miss his entire point. He just does not like you. :shock: To him you are an air pirate, stealing useful oxygen from others.
I think it may be personal with him.
:oops: Sorry 'bout that.

Latest posts

Back