No More Free Liquor In Coach on US Shuttle

ISP

Senior
Apr 3, 2003
I haven't flown coach in years, but I just noticed this on the Shuttle website...

Onboard:
Breakfast snack served on morning flights before 9 a.m. every business day
Complimentary soft drinks, juices, tea and coffee
First Class cabin and service is available on all Shuttle flights. Complimentary beer, wine and spirits are offered in the First Class cabin

Does that mean no more free liquor in Coach? I thought that was a big selling point?

Shuttle has free beer and wine in COACH after 10am. In first they also have LIQ. Has been that way all along but since the flying was mixed into bases that where not fimiliar to it, no one knew because only LGA, BOS and DCA crews used to fly those. Now it can be any crew base flying the trip.
Oh I remember being called out to do a shuttle flight on the 727. I was so clueless and was in awe if those tacky Trump Shuttle gold plated sinks.

When the shuttle was only one configuration the beer was the only thing complimentary. When we had specific aircraft designated to the shuttle with one configuration liquor was not even put on to serve. We had Sam Adams beer with a bottle opener in the kit. That was the big difference. Liquor mini's were never sold nor given away.

They have been on the shuttle.

Sorry, JAX, you had some f/a's that once again FAILED to read memos. Beer and wine has ALWAYS been free. Liquor has been $5 in coach since we started offering 2 classes on the Shuttle. The liguor sleeve isn't suppose to even be on the cart. Maybe someone thought you were cute. ;)

Sorry, JAX, you had some f/a's that once again FAILED to read memos. Beer and wine has ALWAYS been free. Liquor has been $5 in coach since we started offering 2 classes on the Shuttle. The liguor sleeve isn't suppose to even be on the cart. Maybe someone thought you were cute. ;)
wrong.

liquor is NOT AVAILABLE in coach on the shuttle, even for a charge. (although most BOS/DCA/LGA FA's know and take care of their shuttle customers... ;) )

As many have stated, beer and wine have always been free, when we had designated shuttle planes, it was only beer and wine. Now, with FC, they offer free minis in FC.

The whole thing is ridiculous. We have SO MANY US1,2,3 in coach every day on every flight, they should just make liquor minis available in Y as well.....As I said, most FA's "take care" of the Y Preferreds as well...

When the shuttle was only one configuration the beer was the only thing complimentary. When we had specific aircraft designated to the shuttle with one configuration liquor was not even put on to serve. We had Sam Adams beer with a bottle opener in the kit. That was the big difference. Liquor mini's were never sold nor given away.

Wine was available complimentary in Coach as well. Not sure what happens today but catering used to have mini bottles of white or red wine, Sutter Home as I recall. This was back in 1999-2001 when I used to be on the Shuttle every week.