No Snacks Starting June 1st?

Iheartflying

Advanced
Jan 25, 2008
Has anyone received a memo about snacks being removed from all mainline and express flights starting June 1st. I read it on another message board and so far I haven't seen anything to back it up. Just wanted to know if anyone else had heard otherwise.
Thanks!

No more "tidbits"? YIKES Hey the company will save money on soda that is mainly used to wash down those dry pretzels. :lol:

Has anyone received a memo about snacks being removed from all mainline and express flights starting June 1st. I read it on another message board and so far I haven't seen anything to back it up. Just wanted to know if anyone else had heard otherwise.
Thanks!

This might be in line with United policy. We flew last November from ABE/IAD/TPA/IAD/ABE and I recall no snacks on the TED flights between IAD/TPA and back.

I wouldn’t be surprised; folks from Tempe have been dropping clues about some unpopular changes coming this year.

As unpopular as they may be, something needs to be done.

With Jet Fuel Quadrulped snice 2000 and still climbing airlines are headed for some MAJOR problems that cannot be ignored. We can all sit here and bash Tempe and anyone else, but costs need to be trimmed somewhere and ANYWHERE.

If one is going to b!tch and complain that they did not get their 6-8 pretzles then they have bigger issues.

Ticket prices MUST go up and cuts MUST happen where possible.

We all want to keep our jobs don't we?

I wouldn’t be surprised; folks from Tempe have been dropping clues about some unpopular changes coming this year.

These measures are being taken by the company to stem losses. When catering to the Kettles, we have to remove all of our "costly" service items as the prices they pay do not justify any extra perks!

Our financial team at the sandcastle has reviewed this agenda (and had many, many focus groups) thoroughly. They reviewed this video from the Harding Lawrence/Braniff estate extensively and were aghast to see that we have been providing far too much to the Kettles all this time!! :eek:

(You'll love the Emilio Pucci uniforms worn by the Stews in the video!)

From the Braniff International Archives

As unpopular as they may be, something needs to be done.

With Jet Fuel Quadrulped snice 2000 and still climbing airlines are headed for some MAJOR problems that cannot be ignored. We can all sit here and bash Tempe and anyone else, but costs need to be trimmed somewhere and ANYWHERE.

If one is going to b!tch and complain that they did not get their 6-8 pretzles then they have bigger issues.

Ticket prices MUST go up and cuts MUST happen where possible.

We all want to keep our jobs don't we?
Good post. As much as I do not like to become a one line poster, I agree with you.

It's more like seeing the forest from the individual trees.

These measures are being taken by the company to stem losses. When catering to the Kettles, we have to remove all of our "costly" service items as the prices they pay do not justify any extra perks!

Our financial team at the sandcastle has reviewed this agenda (and had many, many focus groups) thoroughly. They reviewed this video from the Harding Lawrence/Braniff estate extensively and were aghast to see that we have been providing far too much to the Kettles all this time!! :eek:

(You'll love the Emilio Pucci uniforms worn by the Stews in the video!)

From the Braniff International Archives

I miss the good old days...even though I was born in 87' I kind of wish we still had service like PanAm, Eastern, even Piedmont.

I miss the good old days...even though I was born in 87' I kind of wish we still had service like PanAm, Eastern, even Piedmont.
Who doesn't? Problem is, people are not willing to pay for it.

I bet we are charging for everything by the end of the year, including sodas. People need to grasp the severity of this current fuel crisis.

The point is this industry is vastly changed, the sooner everyone realizes this the better. It is not a Service industry but just basic transportation and if that all it is and it keeps us employed then, fine.

Yeah I could imagine US doing that except I would want to burn my eyes out with battery fluid after seeing some Flamers ;) (I Kid I Kid)
I'd rather watch the "flamers" (people still use that word?) than some of the women....... :ph34r: