Nonrev travel forum

Does anyone know if you call the PASS line and press one of the options and get an agent is that agent US or outsourced?

Traveling in NYC..... going to non rev to LGA for the first time. Wondered if anyone had any info or experience on how the best way to get into the city from there.... thanks!

The cheapest way by public transit to get to Manhattan from LGA ... take the M40 bus to Astoria (in Queens) and transfer to the metro (in Queens the metro is elevated, you'll go up the stairs and across the road to the stop) ... beware, the bus only takes change or a MetroCard (there is a change machine just inside the door in baggage in the US terminal if you need it) ... there are subway maps in the metro station at Astoria ... where in NYC do you wanna go?

Happy New year everybody! With all of the gloom and doom in the news, it isn't lost on me and many of the crew that I interact with that the world has simply arrived where we have been for the last 8 years. We've had to deal with shrinking pay, benefits yada yada for a while now. So while they go all shocky, it's a good time for us to travel because they're all staying home.

I recently found this site, maybe everybody already knows it.

ehttp://www.airlinecrew.net/vbulletin/archive/index.php/f-326.htmllse

It's an interesting place to check for new layovers etc. Crew are the best resources for travel, I love hearing about other's vacations so I know what to plan for my own.

Please contribute if you know good stuff! We all need ways of cutting costs, and finding gems. May your new year be full of great travel and fun!

remember when you non rev to not look like a tourist ... if you have a wallet or cellphone i'd suggest a money belt (yes even in the states ) .... don't go out alone after dark in parts of town that you aren't familiar with ... try to travel in groups ... safety first !

If you subscribe to any interline sites, you'll start seeing a lot of offers thrown at you. I remember that after 9/11 the deals were incredible for interlining. If you've ever had a great wish to go to Australia, start watching, because Delta just got two new routes, and Virgin Australia is also starting a route from California. These routes are in addition to Quantas and United, so seats may free up. There are a ton of cruises in Australia right now.

Just remember to cross reference the offers with Tripadvisor.com. Often there's a reason that a hotel is such a great deal.

Does anyone know if our recent jumpseat agreements apply to anything but domestic travel?

Back