Nov/Dec 2013 Fleet Service Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that many years to go............. I'm going for the money. The younger guy's didn't care on the last deal so why should I worry about them now. Why should anyone worry when the union won't even call for a work action. This is the first time ever, they've not even had a work safe campaign.

Rockit2
Are you actually saying unless the IAM endorses a work safe campaign that your not working safe? I don't know what it takes from the company to get people to work safe. We should be doing that all the time everywhere. I know people don't. But my question is why not?? Because the union doesn't say so? Who is the union anyway? Isn't it you, me, and every member of fleet?
Or is it this mysterious group of guys that is suppose to do everything? Please tell me who this mysterious group of guys are. I want to meet them.

Reactions: 4 people
i agree there harry and cb     just the other nite  in our station  i was the bag runner and the clp  bec mgmt had given a vto to the other agent who would of been the 3rd person crew..  we took a 4 min hit on the jet  but what p oed me was that i put the nbrs in and i went back out to wing walk the 734 back and guess what  the jet had already been pulled back from the gate   only 1 wing walker and the push back driver     i made it clear i was comin out to help just had to put nbrs in but it goes to show a lot of folks dont care we dont have contracts  that the donkeys want to get rid of us  that its ok to work unsafe... screw all of that  work safe people   working safe is a major way to prevent injuries

robbedagain said:
i agree there harry and cb     just the other nite  in our station  i was the bag runner and the clp  bec mgmt had given a vto to the other agent who would of been the 3rd person crew..  we took a 4 min hit on the jet  but what p oed me was that i put the nbrs in and i went back out to wing walk the 734 back and guess what  the jet had already been pulled back from the gate   only 1 wing walker and the push back driver     i made it clear i was comin out to help just had to put nbrs in but it goes to show a lot of folks dont care we dont have contracts  that the donkeys want to get rid of us  that its ok to work unsafe... screw all of that  work safe people   working safe is a major way to prevent injuries
No way in Hell, would I expect someone to push out a plane without both wing walkers... something goes wrong and Management will be looking to terminate someone.  Take the hit on the departure, because it is management's fault they short staffed the gate by allowing VTO.  Clip a wing on the push and the delay won't be a few minutes... screw them... let them take the hit on their sacred D0.

Reactions: 3 people
charlie Brown said:
Rockit2
Are you actually saying unless the IAM endorses a work safe campaign that your not working safe? I don't know what it takes from the company to get people to work safe. We should be doing that all the time everywhere. I know people don't. But my question is why not?? Because the union doesn't say so? Who is the union anyway? Isn't it you, me, and every member of fleet?
Or is it this mysterious group of guys that is suppose to do everything? Please tell me who this mysterious group of guys are. I want to meet them.
that's not what I meant at all................Why hasn't the district officers come out and started a campaign. Vince H would have had Pit working like a well oiled machine in first gear, instead of sleeping with the enemy.

rockit2 said:
that's not what I meant at all................Why hasn't the district officers come out and started a campaign. Vince H would have had Pit working like a well oiled machine in first gear, instead of sleeping with the enemy.
You are completely misinformed-- How can the IAM call for a work action under the Railway Labor Act, if they have not even been legally released? Please cite the specific articles that would allow them to do this. Incidentally, please explain how the IAM could indemnify us from the same type of lawsuit the Pilots recently lost for their illegal work action?!

P.S. Everyone should be working safe regardless of the status of negotiations. You could have a contract that leads the industry ratified, but the very next day-- you should STILL be working safe!

Reactions: 3 people
robbedagain said:
Damm, you come here a preach but YOUR OWN COWORKERS dont even hear what you preach

Reactions: 1 person
P.S. Everyone should be working safe regardless of the status of negotiations. You could have a contract that leads the industry ratified, but the very next day-- you should STILL be working safe!
If everyone truly followed "work safe" there aren't enough union representatives to cover all of us, as everyone working the ramp would be in written-up on performance. I will give a simple example, per company policy, agents unloading a bin should not be scanning and tossing bags out the door, but yet, that is common practice, at least, until the lead completes their walk around after the plane's arrival and carries the gate checks to the jet bridge. Even then on a split load, it is still possible someone will be scanning and tossing bags at the same time. Personally, I would rather work unsafe (within reason) than rely upon my union to defend me when a flight departs late, and frankly, I think that's commentary on the lack of faith I have in a matter of a grievance.

Then just call the FAA, the ramp service manual is between US and the FAA, and US can't violate it.

Reactions: 1 person
Jester said:
If everyone truly followed "work safe" there aren't enough union representatives to cover all of us, as everyone working the ramp would be in written-up on performance. I will give a simple example, per company policy, agents unloading a bin should not be scanning and tossing bags out the door, but yet, that is common practice, at least, until the lead completes their walk around after the plane's arrival and carries the gate checks to the jet bridge. Even then on a split load, it is still possible someone will be scanning and tossing bags at the same time. Personally, I would rather work unsafe (within reason) than rely upon my union to defend me when a flight departs late, and frankly, I think that's commentary on the lack of faith I have in a matter of a grievance.
You and your coworkers are your own worst enemy, you willing violate company policy, work by the book, its the rules.

Reactions: 4 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts