Number of flight attendants

19,033 Delta flight attendants were eligible to vote in the last election. When you add all of the supervisors and other people in management postions, we probably come in above the 20,000 mark.

With the March Bid, there were 6854 F/A's at Southwest

PHX - 1609
OAK - 1077
MDW - 1052
BWI - 918
HOU - 869
MCO - 725
DAL - 604

[blockquote]
----------------
On 8/23/2002 12:38:49 AM FA Mikey wrote:

USAirways 8K filing shows them with 7,625 flight attendants. I don't know how many if any they have on layoff though.
----------------
[/blockquote]

There are a little over 1400 of us at US Airways on Involuntary Furlough. Roughly another 2000 or so are on Voluntary Furlough. Folks in Benefits have told me that retirement paperwork is being filled out like hotcakes.

Before the mass layoffs, our numbers were around 11,300

-Airlineorphan

P.S. Initially, management summarily terminated 478 f/a's who were still in their 7 mo. probation period. AFA won a girevance and they are now considered Inv. Furloughees with recall rights. I talked to some probationaries who were called by management while they were out on a trip and told When you get back to base, you're fired. Good Lord!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 8/21/2002 10:11:39 PM FA Mikey wrote:

I saw and thought it was interesting. AA has 24,875 flight attendants. 3,185 are active former TWA.
----------------
[/blockquote]

For the sake of accuracy, lets get the numbers up to date.

Of the approximately 4,100 TWA flight attendants at the time of the acquisition, only 2,450 are currently on the seniority list, the rest have been involuntarily laid off. Of those remaining, more than 400 are on voluntary overage leaves, leaving just around 2,000 actively working. Soon 750 will join the ranks of the furloughed, leaving only 1,700 TWA LLC flight attendants on the seniority list.

Isn''t this just the number on the Bid List? I don''t think that counts everyone on leaves etc. I thought we were more like 7400. Not Sure,

Aren''t all of the former TWA F/A''s going to be furloughed? This is what I have been led to believe and that there is some kind of lawsuit re: seniority after the purchase. I think this situation is horrible, yet a purchase vs. a merger leaves seniority up to the buyer as I understand it. Just trying to get all the info firsthand.
Chris from SWA

That was our number 8/11/02. As of July I believe we are down to around 19,600. Yes, unfortunately all the ex TW flight attendants will be furloughed in July along with any AAer hired prior to April 03, 2000.

Seniority, occupational is set and governed by our union contract. APFA did not offer the new TW people any occupational seniority. Yes, there is a multitude of lawsuits facing us. We have been down this road before.

Question for you is, How was it done with Morris? I understand the pilots were offered an interview and nothing more.

This was similar to our offer to Midway employees in the early 90''s. Although they weren''t purchased by us, this was offered as a good will gesture. The guarenteed interview for both situations was for both cabin and C/P crews...Now that I think of it, I stand corrected! If memory serves me correctly, ALL Morris were offered a job but not all accepted. The seniority situation I mentioned is correct though. Sorry for the confusion due to my previous post.
Chris

Mike,
When SWA purchased Morris, their seniority list was put at the bottom of ours. The twist was that we operated with Morris planes and flight crews for awhile. Sometimes you would fly with a MA C/P crew and SWA F/A''s! And on a MA painted and configured A/C! When all was finally integrated and if hired by SWA (yes they were guaranteed interviews only) They were all given artificial seniority based on the aquisition or purchase date. This did put them ahead of SWA folks hired during the integration. Some MA pilots were even bold enough to sue for left seat protection!! They lost out on any seat in the SWA C/P!!

Chris

As of July 1st, 2003, there no TWA flight attendants left at AA. As of November 1st, 2003, there will be no TWA employees left at all.

Thank you AA for ruining the lives of 20,000 people!

TWAPurser said:
As of July 1st, 2003, there no TWA flight attendants left at AA. As of November 1st, 2003, there will be no TWA employees left at all.

Thank you AA for ruining the lives of 20,000 people!
Ok, I feel for you being out of a job, but you placing the blame with AA is completely ignorant!! Have you lost sight of the fact that YOUR airline went out of business? AA acquired you airline - so to be frank - you are lucky that you have an airline to be furloughed from (and to have recall rights too). I fly with so many bitter TWA employees - and all they do is talk about how American screwed them over. I think there needs to be a bit of a reality check.

Don't get me wrong - I feel for you - I wish none of this were happening... but it is unfair of you to think that AA is the reason for this happening... it’s not.. it’s your airline.. that failed.

BlueFlyer21