Off to Tempe

"GO TO SPECIAL SERVICES"!

that is the new mantra in PHL and I don't blame them. They have one person checking people in, processing standby fees, handling upgrades, handling foot assists, handling strollers, trying to handle SHARES and they just can't do it alone. Why is it that every HP desk has 15 people milling around and the East Gate Agents are left to go it alone. All I hear in PHL is I cannot process anyone else, GO TO SPECIAL SERVICES. And, as much as I have had problems with PHL gate agents, I don't blame them.

I was watching the poor agents at C28 in PHL this past Wednesday. Who in their right mind has the TPA, FLL & MCO flights operating out of the same gate within 35-45 minutes of each other?

And put on top of it every inbound flight for that gate was LATE! Imagine that!?! The crowd was not pretty. Add those lovely little pains in the A$$ called children and the C28 area was prime Southwest mass confusion.

I was watching the gate agents trying to rebook passengers for their oversold flights and those agents were clearly frustrated. Even by the tone of their voice when they would make an announcement you could tell they were at the wits end.

Someone from the Sandcastle needs to come to the east coast hubs and LIVE there for 1 year or more until this SHARES crap gets fixed.

Any word on when we will get an update. I know Art mentioned this morning, but I haven't seen anything yet.

As Bob said, I have been on vacation, and am now back at work--both here and my real job. Sorry for the delay, I needed to take some time off with the family. There may be a trip report on our journey to MCO...but that's another story.

I have been in touch with the powers that be regularly since my return. While things are moving, and there are some positive signs, nothing concrete has happened as yet. There will be more discussions during the week, but we have basically set this Friday April 13th as a timeframe to measure response and decide how to proceed from here.

Basically, ladies and gentlemen, the ball is in their court. Of course I will keep you all posted as things develop, but I think we'll really know where we stand by the end of the week.

Thanks again for your patience--I am encouraged, and cautiously optimistic, but I am realistic at the same time.

I hope I didn't confuse things more, but this is where we are....and I invite your comments and questions!

Thanks and regards,

I think setting this deadline is the right move. The date itself is appropriate, isn't it?
Tempe has to understand the implications of "no decision" which is in fact a decision on their part. They respond in a manner that satisfies the reasonable demands of our most frequent fliers or those FF's go on to another carrier. The consequences will be felt eventually.
Regardless of the outcome, thank you for your support throughout the ups and downs and your efforts to improve our lots.

Piney- Remember the Geico squirrels that high fived either other after causing the car to crash? Expect the same from Tempe. :shock:

I have total confidence Art's abilities and back his efforts 1000%. I think Tempe is at a crisis point and can ill afford a "war" with its best customers.

Timing is everything in business and I think the time is right for good things to happen. Let's just hope and pray that I'm right and Art will ultimately be successful.

Ok Don Quixote but I think that Tempe seeing the light about anything is as likely as those windmills over there being real giants.

They never respond ! It is a sin.
Never saw that Geico commercial. We live in Geicoland with Tempe management.

Actually, US1, I have been negotiating.

Basically, this is where we stand right now.

During the meeting, I presented the folks in Tempe with a list of "enhancements" which could be offered to elite fliers to keep their business, or to try and win back those who have left. We have gone back and forth since then in discussing these items, and basically, I found out today that one or more of these things will happen in the near future.

Although I was hoping for faster movement, it was explained to me why they need to wait a few weeks--one of the items involves back end support, which they want to complete before making the change. They admitted they were not ready for this, and laid out a timetable when they feel it could be done. While I was disappointed that it couldn't roll out sooner, I do understand their point.

This will be a small but substantial step in the right direction. It's alot to ask of you to be patient right now, but I think you will be pleased with the outcome. It seems like the attitudes are changing a little out there, and the line of communication is open. They ARE listening now--but time will tell how they respond.

So the bottom line is there is a little progress--I will leave it to you to judge for yourself, but this will take time.

Be assured that we will stay on top of this--and fight for more.

Thanks for your support and understanding.

Actually, US1, I have been negotiating.

Basically, this is where we stand right now.

During the meeting, I presented the folks in Tempe with a list of "enhancements" which could be offered to elite fliers to keep their business, or to try and win back those who have left. We have gone back and forth since then in discussing these items, and basically, I found out today that one or more of these things will happen in the near future.
ugh. Don't tell me they are going to bring back the "Complimentary Foot Rub/ Back Shave" for US1's again. I hated that. :lol:

Back