Ok....this Is Getting Old

Sky High, you may deny that it happens, but I can assure you I've seen it on a number of occasions. Not every time, but often enough that it stands out in my mind.

mweiss said:
Sky High, you may deny that it happens, but I can assure you I've seen it on a number of occasions. Not every time, but often enough that it stands out in my mind.

Sky high states: Oooo, MIKIE. I was offering an explanation and reason why this passenger MAY OR MAY NOT get their trash picked up. OF COURSE, there is always an exception. Thats a given, but thanks for your retort anyway.

700UW said:
Just think it is going to get worse when everything gets outsourced to people who don't work for US and do not care about it.
[post="239586"][/post]​

You are wrong they will be paid minimum wage and do 10 times better job then you ever did and be fired if they don't and replaced a dime a dozen

Funny, you never have seen my work, and you can ask my foreman and leads about the quality of my work.

And I think you better go check your information, 80% of the cleaning is all ready vendored out and if you check the planes they ar filthy.

So keep trying and don't let the facts get in your way.

PHL said:
Who started the wave?? USAirways? Certainly not some other economic conditions, coupled with terrorist attacks, a war and a flat economy. No, those factors certainly had nothing to do with other airilnes going to their own unions for concessions. Because if U didn't do it, then everyone would be sitting pretty, right?

Yup. It's all gotta' be because of those whimps at USAirways. Bob - did you miss that day of Economics 101 that talks about these kinds of things that affect costs and pricing?
[post="239738"][/post]​

If memory serves me correctly USAirways BK and concessions #1 came pre 9-11... Please correct me if I am wrong...

Concessions #2 etc came after...

mweiss said:
Way to win people over to your opinion.

When you enter into a contract with an employer, you are agreeing to provide 100%. To do less is to violate your contract. Now, I'm sure you feel good about violating yours. But it's still a breach of contract, and it means that if you complain about your employer doing the same, you are being a hypocrite.

Don't like the terms of the contract? Your first option is to vote against it. But, of course, as part of agreeing to collective bargaining, you've also agreed that the majority position is your own position. Don't like that? It's not slavery; you can always leave.

Those are your only legitimate options.
[post="239758"][/post]​
weiss, ....Thanks for your new and thought provoking comments..... :huh:

awayfrmitall said:
If memory serves me correctly USAirways BK and concessions #1 came pre 9-11... Please correct me if I am wrong...

Concessions #2 etc came after...
[post="239946"][/post]​

Concessions started over a decade ago, but BK1 was post 9-11 (Aug 2002, in fact).

Jim

BoeingBoy said:
Concessions started over a decade ago, but BK1 was post 9-11 (Aug 2002, in fact).

Jim
[post="239967"][/post]​

Jim,
Thanks for the correction... When did the first round of "recent" concessions happen? The spring/summer of 2002?

Depending on the employee group, yes, though more like summer/fall/winter 2002. Some agreements were reached before the BK1 filing and others were reached late in 2002.

Jim

bookmdano said:
But can I get some catering (just a ittle ice), and the trash cans dumped (I'll "tidy" up the cabin) in PHL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dearest Jennyann,
As a customer who likes to sit by the window, can we at least get a flight attendent to slow down and collect my "discardables" too, rather than just the person who sits on the aisle. I have been on more than 400 US flts where the FA zooms down the aisle with his/her little white bag barely open expecting customers to make an immediate slam dunk shot without the F/A missing a stride. If you don't want me to stuff the seat pockets with "trash" then recognize me! Trust me, it benefits me, you and the utility workers. This message may fall on deaf ears, so I'll just continue to bring my own plastic bags as I have done for years.
[post="239761"][/post]​

"You're trash...You're wife's trash, too!!" :lol: :p :lol: :lol:

Latest posts