This is getting old.

Freedom of speech only covers the government restricting your speech, not a company, and US has a policy about message boards and I know one of them is that you cant state you are an employee on here.

There is no such thing as a freedom of speech act, it is the first amendment in the US Constitution.

i dont believe you can get fired for posting what you want on this board that would fall under the Fredom of Speech Act. Of course what you had on the now closed thread a lot of it made sense but of course the company doesnt do what actually makes sense.

I am going to ignore the fact that you can't spell "Freedom" or oblige us with polite grammar. However, you are gravely misinterpreting the Freedom of Speech Act. As soon as what someone says infringes on another person's rights and starts to border on liability or slander, the offender is no longer protected under the Freedom of Speech. The National Enquirer is sued constantly for slander, but the average joe would say that the Enquirer is well within its Constitutional rights to say whatever it will. This is not the case, and I am going to politely ask you to keep in mind the rights of those around you and those who hold your job in their hands.

As for the other discussions on this thread, I grew up an airline brat, so I know all about the airlines getting in your blood. From what Shannon said in the first post, though: nothing is going to get solved is we keep fighting, especially if they're going to throw United into the mix. I would suggest group counseling, except we'd have to rent a stadium for that to happen (it'd be entertaining on ESPN or Lifetime, though). For now (and don't shoot me for sounding like a hippie), why don't the East and West try getting to know one another and focusing on the teamwork that will be necessary to keep this company running, rather than the thousands of differences we've used to tear this company down? If this industry is really in our blood, don't we owe it to ourselves to at least try?

Freedom of speech only covers the government restricting your speech, not a company, and US has a policy about message boards and I know one of them is that you cant state you are an employee on here.

There is no such thing as a freedom of speech act, it is the first amendment in the US Constitution.
US Airways? oh - - this is a us airways board? I DO NOT WORK THERE!!! Everyone!! I DO NOT, NOT, NOT WORK THERE!! :)

This whole policy that many Companies have regarding remarks made in forums such as this are legal and if the company investigates and has proof they can and will most assuredly fire you.
Welcome to the Land of the Free.

Speaking of this whole policy, the Whole Food Market company CEO posted on message boards using an alias, he still remains in his position.

Whole Foods Executive Used Alias

Wait for the short ad to go away.

That is what I thought also, but, there is!! :shock: The real name is "Online Freedom of Speech Act" that mainly seems to deal with political campaigning.

Speaking of this whole policy, the Whole Food Market company CEO posted on message boards using an alias, he still remains in his position.
I bet if you think real hard you can come up with at least one example of worse behavior with no termination. :shock:

Latest posts

Back