Ok....this Is Getting Old

USAirBoyA330 said:
You know I get so pissed when those girls reach up and flick off the chillers. They don't give us enough ice to chill the beer and wine and the company is relying on those chillers to do what they are supposed to do...CHILL They can put on a sweater gosh sakes and I will reach right back over them and turn them right back ON. Of course if USAirways had spent the extra few bucks on galley floor warmers like they did on the A330, it would be a moot point.
[post="239696"][/post]​

Sing it, sister! :p :lol: :up:

Re: the chillers.

We have this little conflict too over at UA. My contention is that having the chillers on actually WARMS the cabin. It is basically just an A/C heat exchange system, with the inside of the chillers being cooled. But then the warmer exhaust air is actually vented into the galley / cabin area, right? So having chillers on should actually keep the galley area warmer. Or am I nuts.

Ever stand outside on a street in a city by a big building near the A/C vent on a hot summer day -- WARM air is being forced outside, to keep the INSIDE cool. Or even your home window A/C. Cold air goes inside; the cooling coils get hot and that heat is vented outside. Isn't it the same principle? Any mechanics on here know for sure? Or maybe y'all have totally different chiller setups.

(Of course all this assumes you are keeping the doors of the chilled carts closed.)

700UW said:
Funny their pilots and fa/s are unionized and I have not see any of them agree to even negotiate concessions, yet alone agree to them.
[post="239678"][/post]​

Your just to quick for your own good. You need to get a grip. Continental WILL take concessions - I believe their F/A are covered under the IAM - SO SORRY FOR THEM..........

planejane said:
Your just to quick for your own good. You need to get a grip. Continental WILL take concessions - I believe their F/A are covered under the IAM - SO SORRY FOR THEM..........
[post="239725"][/post]​

Well at this point do they have any choice?

You guys started this wave, are you going to keep it going or put a stop to it?

How much have your previous concessions accomplished and why would this time be different? In the beginning of this mess USAIR could not compete while paying pretty much what everyone else was paying, USAIR cut, then everyone else did, so what was accomplished? Now you are set for a fourth round and what do you think will happen this time? By the summer AA, UAL and possibly Continental and NWA will be going for more. That means round number five and they will keep going till they hit minimum wage because they know that those who are too old to leave, yet not old enough to retire, will stay.

firstamendment said:
BOO HOO!! I know the chillers are cold. BRING A FU#KING SWEATER!!

Sky high states:
F----KING SWEATER? Nice attitude!!!

You also failed to read that the post was about sh!tting on one another, but since you got off on a tangent and I struck a nerve with you, I felt a need to respond.

Sky high states: I read YOUR POST. I copied the "part of it" that I wanted to reply to since YOU went on many tangents within it. Remember, shortage of supplies????? Meals pertain to service which I felt was important to mention. ok!

Bob Owens said:

Who started the wave?? USAirways? Certainly not some other economic conditions, coupled with terrorist attacks, a war and a flat economy. No, those factors certainly had nothing to do with other airilnes going to their own unions for concessions. Because if U didn't do it, then everyone would be sitting pretty, right?

Yup. It's all gotta' be because of those whimps at USAirways. Bob - did you miss that day of Economics 101 that talks about these kinds of things that affect costs and pricing?

Bob Owens said:
Thats because you are a moron.
Way to win people over to your opinion.

When you enter into a contract with an employer, you are agreeing to provide 100%. To do less is to violate your contract. Now, I'm sure you feel good about violating yours. But it's still a breach of contract, and it means that if you complain about your employer doing the same, you are being a hypocrite.

Don't like the terms of the contract? Your first option is to vote against it. But, of course, as part of agreeing to collective bargaining, you've also agreed that the majority position is your own position. Don't like that? It's not slavery; you can always leave.

Those are your only legitimate options.

Bob Owens said:
[post="239729"][/post]​
This is where having those "impressive tools" is useful. PHL's absolutely right...it's not their fault, so stop blaming them. :down:

Geez.

But can I get some catering (just a ittle ice), and the trash cans dumped (I'll "tidy" up the cabin) in PHL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dearest Jennyann,
As a customer who likes to sit by the window, can we at least get a flight attendent to slow down and collect my "discardables" too, rather than just the person who sits on the aisle. I have been on more than 400 US flts where the FA zooms down the aisle with his/her little white bag barely open expecting customers to make an immediate slam dunk shot without the F/A missing a stride. If you don't want me to stuff the seat pockets with "trash" then recognize me! Trust me, it benefits me, you and the utility workers. This message may fall on deaf ears, so I'll just continue to bring my own plastic bags as I have done for years.

SKY HIGH said:
firstamendment said:
BOO HOO!! I know the chillers are cold. BRING A FU#KING SWEATER!!

Sky high states:
F----KING SWEATER? Nice attitude!!!

You also failed to read that the post was about sh!tting on one another, but since you got off on a tangent and I struck a nerve with you, I felt a need to respond.

Sky high states: I read YOUR POST. I copied the "part of it" that I wanted to reply to since YOU went on many tangents within it. Remember, shortage of supplies????? Meals pertain to service which I felt was important to mention. ok!
[post="239732"][/post]​

I am the King of tangent!! Get use to it missy or put me on ignore. And telling you to bring a F---cking sweater isn't an attitude. It is a reflection of the many princesses that are too lazy to bring proper attire...the same onces to turn chillers off and keep calling the pilots to warm it up until the passngers are sick from heat exhaustion. So it works both ways. :down:

you and the utility workers.  This message may fall on deaf ears, so I'll just continue to bring my own plastic bags as I have done for years.

I'll continue to bring a small baggy of antiseptic wipes to clean my tray table with, because for some strange reason, I don't believe these items were ever thoroughly sanitized after every use. YEwww, who sat here before me? And, I've reached into the seat pockets on U one too many times to find someone elses previously chewed gum....yucch! And thank you for not supplying pillows anymore, those things were scary. We know the covers were not changed after every flight. I do not need to share pillows with anyone I do not know, there again, this is a personal item for which I will bring my own. And please....no blankets....there again, can you guarantee me that every blanket was cleaned after every flight, or was it just put into another plastic bag after someone joined the mile high club?

Finally U is first!

Suppyling an aircraft goes to the lowest bidder.

It doesn't matter if the lowest bidder gets there by hiring two monkeys on a weekend from parole. As long as they crawl in to work they are as good as some one who needs a job tomorrow.

bookmdano said:
But can I get some catering (just a ittle ice), and the trash cans dumped (I'll "tidy" up the cabin) in PHL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dearest Jennyann,
As a customer who likes to sit by the window, can we at least get a flight attendent to slow down and collect my "discardables" too, rather than just the person who sits on the aisle. I have been on more than 400 US flts where the FA zooms down the aisle with his/her little white bag barely open expecting customers to make an immediate slam dunk shot without the F/A missing a stride. If you don't want me to stuff the seat pockets with "trash" then recognize me! Trust me, it benefits me, you and the utility workers. This message may fall on deaf ears, so I'll just continue to bring my own plastic bags as I have done for years.
[post="239761"][/post]​
I would absolutely love to collect your trash.....its what I live for!!!!
Thank You for pointing out that pressing problem ;)

YES>>>>>Leave the chillers ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats what they are there for....

You totally misinterpreted the context of the message. So, don't trouble yourself..., I'll bring my own trashbag. In other words, because of your attitude, I would much rather deal with automated machines showing me the exits incase of an emergency...ooops, they did that already with the videos didn't they?

Latest posts