Ok....this Is Getting Old

Bookemdano....You are absolutely right......
Unfortunately an airplane is one of the filthiest places you'll encounter.
Just watch a little CSI Baby and you'll cringe for sure!!!!!!!
I for one am amazed at how many parents give me the evil eye when I send their child back from the lav to put shoes on their feet!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

bookmdano said:
You totally misinterpreted the context of the message. So, don't trouble yourself..., I'll bring my own trashbag. In other words, because of your attitude, I would much rather deal with automated machines showing me the exits incase of an emergency...ooops, they did that already with the videos didn't they?
[post="239777"][/post]​
No offense intended.........You're just a little excited over trash collection
And when I reach to throw someting away..please dont act like I'm throwing away your checkbook!! :)

firstamendment said:
Of course you would say that.
[post="239612"][/post]​

I say that because it is true. There are many instances that would not have happened if the work had not been outsourced. Just ONE example is the high trunover I posted about before on this board. The contractor is supposed to have 14 people clean 11 overnight aircraft. On some nights only 7 or 8 show up. One night only 4 showed up. Needless to say at departure time the following morning, the planes were still dirty with vomit in the aft lav. When you pay people $7.00 an hour with no benefits in a high cost of living area to work in aircraft with no air conditioning all night this is what you will get.

I would also like to ask you, how many people are beating down the doors at U for those ramp jobs at $7.17 an hour for 4 or 5 hours a day?

aafsc said:
I say that because it is true. There are many instances that would not have happened if the work had not been outsourced. Just ONE example is the high trunover I posted about before on this board. The contractor is supposed to have 14 people clean 11 overnight aircraft. On some nights only 7 or 8 show up. One night only 4 showed up. Needless to say at departure time the following morning, the planes were still dirty with vomit in the aft lav. When you pay people $7.00 an hour with no benefits in a high cost of living area to work in aircraft with no air conditioning all night this is what you will get.
JennyAnn and aafsc, thank you for listening. There is no longer a good way to make an airline flight a good experience as long as the "company" "continues to force size 16 people into a size 9 plane". Jennyann, you don't have to stop, seach my seat and/or floor area for trash, I can see you coming a lot better than you can see me, but give me a chance when you reach my row...turn your head left and right. I too was one of those "embarrassed passengers when their child blew their cookies all over the plane", unfortunately it was after we had a two hour delay in the terminal, not much else to do than go to the restaurant....flying is just not people friendly and you couldn't get me to do that job for $7.00 an hour. Septic sewer cleaners make more and smells less. Therefore, I'll take the advice of your CEO, if I'm within a 4 hour drive of a hub city....I'll just drive! But then, why is he taking your concession money and buying more regionals? Beats the he!! out of me???

Jennyann said:
Excuse me but thats Bulls--t.........The cleaners that we have in the islands etc....do a wonderful job and they make that or less
[post="239784"][/post]​

I'm talking about cleaners in the United States. $7.17 or less in other countries like SDQ , SJO etc. IS a good salary. According to other posters on this board, US Air is having a hard time finding people to work the ramp (in this country) for $7.17 an hour. It was stated that they hired a class of 10 and only 4 showed up. If U (or any other airline) can't get people for $7.17 an hour with medical and flight passes,how is a contractor going to get someone for the same amount WITHOUT medical and flight privelages?

firstamendment said:
Of course you would say that.
[post="239612"][/post]​
I work for that same Carrier as AAFSC, but at DFW. Outsourching..... you get what you pay for. Around here I don't understand how so many can work on the ramp as cleaners and PASS THE 10yr background chek, yet... yet not speak a word of English. Go figure, I guess AA knows who to payoff.

DFWCC said:
I work for that same Carrier as AAFSC, but at DFW. Outsourching..... you get what you pay for. Around here I don't understand how so many can work on the ramp as cleaners and PASS THE 10yr background chek, yet... yet not speak a word of English. Go figure, I guess AA knows who to payoff.
[post="239790"][/post]​

I agree, how can they do a 10 year background check on someone if they have not been in this country for 10 years? Of course when it comes to $6-$7/hour labor with no benefits, the 10 year background check seems to lose it's importance.

Jennyann said:
Cleaners in the United States????? Do you live in Texas, Southern California, or South Florida?????????
[post="239793"][/post]​

I worked in DFW when the TWU allowed AA to pay midnite cabin whatever they wanted (it was about $5.50 an hour). AA started to have problems like the VCR's in the MD-11s missing. It got so bad that the company approached the union to go back to the way it was before.

I have asked bdlg cleaners to empty my trash bin or mention that a certain area needs cleaning and all I get is a dumb look and they get some one who speaks SPANGLISH. The other option is point and go through the motions of sweeping etc. Oh yes, make sure you lock everything before you leave. I've even heard of lunch bags growing legs and walking away.

DFWCC said:
I have asked bdlg cleaners to empty my trash bin or mention that a certain area needs cleaning and all I get is a dumb look and they get some one who speaks SPANGLISH. The other option is point and go through the motions of sweeping etc. Oh yes, make sure you lock everything before you leave. I've even heard of lunch bags growing legs and walking away.
[post="239800"][/post]​

DFWCC, I worked both in DFW and MIA. Believe me, MIA is 1000 times worse.

bookmdano said:
I have been on more than 400 US flts where the FA zooms down the aisle with his/her little white bag barely open expecting customers to make an immediate slam dunk shot without the F/A missing a stride. If you don't want me to stuff the seat pockets with "trash" then recognize me!

Sky high states: An good, experienced Flight Attendant never leaves the galley withOUT a trash bag. They make MULTIPLE TRIPS and can NOT zoom down the aisle because it's full of bodies spilling out into the aisle (especially legs). If a flight attendant stands at your aisle and sees your empty cup and YOU DO NOT LOOK UP and "recognize them", they may or may NOT DISTURB YOU "out of courtesy".

Latest posts