One Finger Salute

I remember working in DAY before the US/PI merger and this MD 80 capt named Doug came over and started a conversation with me, during that conversation he asked me if I had any dealings with US pilots yet? I said no. Then he said "well get ready because we think our s#!t doesn't stink" we laughed about it and as we parted ways I was thinking this guy seems pretty cool and if the most US pilots are like him I would rather deal with them then the PI ones. Working in DAY after the merger I continued running into Doug from time to time and he never forgot my name and even shocked me when he remembered my wife's name (he learned it through conversation having never meeting her, which is really impressive) at the end of every conversation he always said "well it's starting to smell now so I have to leave", we would laugh and get back to work. Most US pilots that came through DAY were pretty good so I never took what Doug said very seriously. Then they closed DAY forcing a transfer to PIT and what Doug said finally came true! I never meet a pilot from PIT who wasn't a a$$h0!e. I could go on forever but I wont. The AWA pilots I have meet so far seem pretty decent and treat you like a real human being, not the neanderthals the US pilots refer to us as. I do piity the AWA pilots and am sorry for their predicament.

Huh? :blink:

I remember working in DAY before the US/PI merger and this MD 80 capt named Doug came over and started a conversation with me, during that conversation he asked me if I had any dealings with US pilots yet? I said no. Then he said "well get ready because we think our s#!t doesn't stink" we laughed about it and as we parted ways I was thinking this guy seems pretty cool and if the most US pilots are like him I would rather deal with them then the PI ones. Working in DAY after the merger I continued running into Doug from time to time and he never forgot my name and even shocked me when he remembered my wife's name (he learned it through conversation having never meeting her, which is really impressive) at the end of every conversation he always said "well it's starting to smell now so I have to leave", we would laugh and get back to work. Most US pilots that came through DAY were pretty good so I never took what Doug said very seriously. Then they closed DAY forcing a transfer to PIT and what Doug said finally came true! I never meet a pilot from PIT who wasn't a a$$h0!e. I could go on forever but I wont. The AWA pilots I have meet so far seem pretty decent and treat you like a real human being, not the neanderthals the US pilots refer to us as. I do piity the AWA pilots and am sorry for their predicament.

How true! Good post.

You folks do realize this kind of stuff only happens in the unionized world. We have hate crimes, I wonder when unions will be outlawed on this basis alone?

Why do you hate unions?

Is hating 30 million working Americans a hate crime?

Maybe if you have ever worked for a living there would be some appreciation.

Your sentence is sixty hour work weeks, no vacation, no holidays, no health insurance.

Why do you hate unions?

Is hating 30 million working Americans a hate crime?

Maybe if you have ever worked for a living there would be some appreciation.

Your sentence is sixty hour work weeks, no vacation, no holidays, no health insurance.
I think the point he was trying to make is that I'm still sick and haven't gotten enough get well PM's.
Don't you people love me? Don't you know you're ALL I HAVE?

The point I was trying to make is all the hate that comes from Unions and many times directed at other union brothers and sisters!

Okay, here’s a post trifecta.

I think the point he was trying to make is that I'm still sick and haven't gotten enough get well PM's.
Don't you people love me? Don't you know you're ALL I HAVE?
Get well, Shannon!

Actually we're running a pool here in Vegas on when they're sacking you :)
You’re gonna get Cross-Slapped™ for that one!

The point I was trying to make is all the hate that comes from Unions and many times directed at other union brothers and sisters!
Union brothers and sisters? Did you just rent Norma Rae at the Circle K or something?

Latest posts