Republic EMB170 Jumpseat. Captains need to chill!

I have jumpseated twice on Republic Airlines EMB 170's with ex-USAirways/MDA captains at the helm. Both captains were completely unprofessional to me (an AWA guy) because they are pissed at the outcome of their career and the merger. In fact with all that is going on, I have never been treated as bad by an EAST crew as these Republic guys treated me. In fact 99% of the EAST guys have been extremely professional to me on the jumpseat. Even though we don't agree, and there is a lot of emotion, I will say that EAST jumpseating has been a very positive experience.

BTW on Republic, I got on the jumpseat and bit my lip. I now expect bitter treatment from the furloughed AAA/MDA captain, but the 23 year old FO with all 1000 hours TT and 6 months with Mesa before coming to Republic didn't have to be an ameoba and act like his dickhead captain. I have been with AWA long before this kid qualified for a PP license. These guys need to learn not to blame the jumpseater for mergers and the acts of others, and treat jumpseater and his company with respect. This FO had no right to attack AWA or the merger or the seniority issues just because his captain did. This KID has no dog in the fight and should have acted like an ambassador extending friendship between AWA and the Republic group of pilots. If the USAirways captains and fo's at Republic Airlines want to play this game, we can easily make life tough to get on AWA aircraft jumpseat. AWA aircaft are now integrating EAST. We don't just fly PHX and LAS hubs. We are in BOS, DCA, CLT, PHL, PIT, TPA etc. Trust me this will get through the AWA ranks, because we don't need any more BS. We get enough from SOME (not all) of the EAST guys as it is, and a contract express company that represents a whole bunch of airlines doesnt' need to get involved.

So if a Republic guy shows up on your jumpseat and is wearing a USAirways uniform (which they do) or admits he is an ex MDA EMB employee, let them know. There are 1900 AWA guys that won't tolerate behavior like that.
As a J4J CA at Republic, I'm sorry you had that experience. I have had several AWA guys in my JS out East...and I treat them like any other guy who needs a ride...he gets it...period. I posted in the regional thread as well...don't let a couple of bad apple's spoil the basket. He may have been a bitter CEL guy...there's a few of them...and I don't know what they're bitter about, they gambled going to MDA..and scored a mainline number...I call that a win for them. If it was just a @ickhead pilot...well....what can I say? Anyone with a valid ID gets a ride on my plane..ALWAYS.

The jumpseat is not the place to discuss the East - West pilot dispute. Any pilot, East or West, or from any other carrier is always welcome on my jumpseat.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Thank goodness we have AQP, huh slick. From the sounds of that last training event, I don't think you would've passed a PC. Then you wouldn't be able to let anyone on a jumpseat!

Good goes around GAGger!

With love from CLT

He may have been a bitter CEL guy...there's a few of them...and I don't know what they're bitter about, they gambled going to MDA..and scored a mainline number...I call that a win for them.

Believe me, there are more Bitter "APL" pilots than there are bitter ex-CEL pilots at REP. Especially the ones(APL) who signed on this year and then got frozen. You're right, they(CEL) gambled and it paid off, no reason to hold that against them. On topic though, no matter what politics you believe in, the JS should not be used as a weapon on anyones part, East, West, or REP. You're all professionals and should be able to offer or accept a ride without fighting or rubbing the other guys/gals nose in it.

Believe me, there are more Bitter "APL" pilots than there are bitter ex-CEL pilots at REP. Especially the ones(APL) who signed on this year and then got frozen. You're right, they(CEL) gambled and it paid off, no reason to hold that against them. On topic though, no matter what politics you believe in, the JS should not be used as a weapon on anyones part, East, West, or REP. You're all professionals and should be able to offer or accept a ride without fighting or rubbing the other guys/gals nose in it.
I agree...ask me how I felt when I got accosted in the hotel for being a J4J CA "above" a CEL guy...all he cared about was how he lost "his" seat after MDA went away...

Embarrasing, and I'm tired of apologzing for these dicks...cry me a river....

As a J4J CA at Republic, I'm sorry you had that experience. I have had several AWA guys in my JS out East...and I treat them like any other guy who needs a ride...he gets it...period. I posted in the regional thread as well...don't let a couple of bad apple's spoil the basket. He may have been a bitter CEL guy...there's a few of them...and I don't know what they're bitter about, they gambled going to MDA..and scored a mainline number...I call that a win for them. If it was just a @ickhead pilot...well....what can I say? Anyone with a valid ID gets a ride on my plane..ALWAYS.
Really...?

Because IMO, if anything, there were a number of JFJ pilots that seem to have a beef against those at MDA, in particular those that arrived from the "CEL List" (because they had been forced to remain at Mesa or CHQ instead of being able to bid into MDA right away)...

Just looking at the posting on the ALPA Webboards reflects this (as opposed to your claim that there are a bunch of disgruntled MDA pilots that came from ALG/PDT, with an attitude towards JFJ pilots).

None of the "CEL" pilots were anything other than First Officers on the E-170, so your story about his complaining over losing "his seat" does not seem to ring true.

You seem to be the one with the chip on your shoulder. Glad to hear you do not allow it to show towards jumpseaters, but your attitude might be what is causing the MDA pilots to dislike you personally (thus not having anything to do with JFJ pilots).

Embarrasing, and I'm tired of apologzing for these dicks...cry me a river....
Yea, you're right, it is embarrasing....the way you are acting.
Your story doesn't ring true, since from my understanding, all "ex-CEL" pilots who wanted a CA slot at REP can, and do, have one, so you couldn't have bumped him out of his seat, especially if you came on REP this year.

Yea, you're right, it is embarrasing....the way you are acting.
Your story doesn't ring true, since from my understanding, all "ex-CEL" pilots who wanted a CA slot at REP can, and does, have one, so you couldn't have bumped him out of his seat, especially if you came on REP this year.
Yeah? well tell that to the CEL guy who accosted me in STL inquiring "who and where" are the J4J CA's in the class...as he has had a CA bid in and feels like we're bypassing him on the upgrade. Whatever..I'm just reporting what many FO's I fly with say...and my limited personal experience in the matter.

... guy who accosted me in STL inquiring "who and where" are the J4J CA's in the class...as he has had a CA bid in and feels like we're bypassing him on the upgrade. Whatever..I'm just reporting what many FO's I fly with say...
AHH, I see now....it is a regular REP F/O, NOT a CEL(who is also a J4J guy), that feels slighted by the J4J capts. That now makes sense since I have heard there are a bunch of REP fo's who not only feel slighted, but also write things in the cockpit about J4J pilots. I didn't think there would be a CEL/J4J guy who would hold a grudge, let alone accost another J4J guy. And I haven't heard of any of them denying a jumpseat to anyone. Thanks for the explaination.
I still feel jumpseats should not be used as a weapon/soapbox for anyone.