Our plan

This topic is WAYYY OFF target, and technically it violates the rules because it became a labor topic.
Let's get back on topic. Labor issues should be discussed in their appropriate threads.

Thank you.

Ok, Ill get this one back on track:

matt_foley.jpg

What it all boils down to is fuel prices. All these little charges, and fees, and BS things boil down to the price of fuel. Until it goes down, we have to weather this nonsense. Hopefully the company won't drag us down before they find the happy medium.

Okay, I am officially embarrassed and I'll admit it.

As a fellow bagmasher, I do not think it should be freedom's place to lecture other employee groups on how to perform their assignments, especially as he has never worked in those groups. Certainly, some general advice of to "treat the passenger well", "treat others as you wish to be treated," or "do the best job that you can" would be common sense, and probably not the basis for a thread. I'll leave the company cheerleading to the motivational speakers and corporate hacks.

For what it's worth and my two cents, I am paid to do a job while I am on the clock, and I will do that job to the best of my abilities and then forget about it when I go home. If I am no longer happy in performing that job to the best of my abilities for whatever reason, then I will look for employment elsewhere.

So Apologizes Jester.

NOTICE: Freedom is not in management and is a bag chucker in PHX and a Parker sympathizer. Any and all opinions expressed by Freedom and do not reflect the opinions of any Fleet Service Worker or any former west AWA employee. We believe management is being paid to run the company and we should just keep doing our jobs as stated in our job description. Thank You

Now to all who keep complaining about us in PHX voting on station just need to stop. We didn’t ask for that, it’s just the way it was.

As for voting in the POS Contract, we westies didn’t have much of a choice. If we voted no it would be years before we got a contract or even thrown into yours. I might have thrown away my job security but at $11 an hour I would probably have to quit soon anyways. So yes on this POS was good for us and if I do lose my job, I will have a few more dollars in my pocket when I walk out the door.

Pilots and F/A’s your doing a great thing by staying strong and standing up to Parker and crew. I only wish I could have afforded to hold out longer.

And to my PHX BROTHER FREEDOM: If you want to save the company, don’t start here. This is the second or third topic I’ve seen from you and all you get is ridiculed for your efforts. Please if you want to save the company, do it yourself. It seems the rest of us would be much happier doing what we are paid to do and let Parker and crew sink his own ship. If I see you in line as were getting an app in Wal-Mart so be it. At least I will know I did my job to the best of my ability and was just another victim of corporate greed and bad management.

Thank you....Thank you very much

Wow...better than a bunch of Seinfeld's back to back....

Let's see if I can do this without getting banned again for using "adult-oriented" language.

First off, Freedom, while your motives might be well-intentioned, it certainly is not your position to criticize ANY other workgroup about their condition...period.

Secondly, the "inspiration to excel" must come from the very top in corporate....and that inspiration can usually be defined in only a few ways...to wit:

1) $$$$ (performance based, of course) which seems to be where you live ...$150 at a time.

2) Herb Kelleher (sp) based, as in, value the employee FIRST..they value the pax...pax return...company makes more $$$.

3) Fear based, ( do this, or else...) not effective in the big picture, usually backfires and high attrition results.

Now, I don't know where you fit in the big picture here, but until and unless the rocket-scientists in Tempe roll out a well thought out plan and "sell" it to ALL employees....well...you get what you get.

Without vision, we are all blind....

Hand me my red-tipped cane, 'cause I can't see where this company is going, and certainly the braintrust isn't sharing either.

Okay, I am officially embarrassed and I'll admit it.

As a fellow bagmasher, I do not think it should be freedom's place to lecture other employee groups on how to perform their assignments, especially as he has never worked in those groups. Certainly, some general advice of to "treat the passenger well", "treat others as you wish to be treated," or "do the best job that you can" would be common sense, and probably not the basis for a thread. I'll leave the company cheerleading to the motivational speakers and corporate hacks.

For what it's worth and my two cents, I am paid to do a job while I am on the clock, and I will do that job to the best of my abilities and then forget about it when I go home. If I am no longer happy in performing that job to the best of my abilities for whatever reason, then I will look for employment elsewhere.

So Apologizes Jester.

So....When did they unionize " Couch Potatoes ", as you so described yourself so many times......Ya Gotta love you " Yes Mista Parker " guys.

As a post script, many of us have actually BEEN inspired before...only to watch those warm fuzzy feelings go up in smoke through slash-and-burn tactics from managements who have all landed nicely on their feet. ( what'd Wolf wind up with...16 Jaguars in his garage?...) Segal? ...please.

I'd be happy to be properly inspired by a plan congruent with current economics, that addresses the employees pockets and morale, and creates a sustainable and viable plan going forward for the long-term.

(...crickets chirping...)

NOTICE: Freedom is not in management and is a bag chucker in PHX and a Parker sympathizer. Any and all opinions expressed by Freedom and do not reflect the opinions of any Fleet Service Worker or any former west AWA employee. We believe management is being paid to run the company and we should just keep doing our jobs as stated in our job description. Thank You

Now to all who keep complaining about us in PHX voting on station just need to stop. We didn’t ask for that, it’s just the way it was.

As for voting in the POS Contract, we westies didn’t have much of a choice. If we voted no it would be years before we got a contract or even thrown into yours. I might have thrown away my job security but at $11 an hour I would probably have to quit soon anyways. So yes on this POS was good for us and if I do lose my job, I will have a few more dollars in my pocket when I walk out the door.

Pilots and F/A’s your doing a great thing by staying strong and standing up to Parker and crew. I only wish I could have afforded to hold out longer.

And to my PHX BROTHER FREEDOM: If you want to save the company, don’t start here. This is the second or third topic I’ve seen from you and all you get is ridiculed for your efforts. Please if you want to save the company, do it yourself. It seems the rest of us would be much happier doing what we are paid to do and let Parker and crew sink his own ship. If I see you in line as were getting an app in Wal-Mart so be it. At least I will know I did my job to the best of my ability and was just another victim of corporate greed and bad management.

Thank you....Thank you very much
Kind'a reminds me of an old movie quote...SHAK'IN IT OVER HERE BOSS!!!!

So....When did they unionize " Couch Potatoes ", as you so described yourself so many times......Ya Gotta love you " Yes Mista Parker " guys.

Maybe I'm missing something... but when someone is paying another to do a job, is it not reasonable for the other person to perform that job? But you equate that with being a corporate "yes man"? I am certain that if your dentist, your barber or your dry cleaner all did a poor job you wouldn't tolerrrrrrr, oh, wait.... bad examples in your case, but you get the point. If you are getting paid, then do your job or find another for which you are willing to earn your pay, okay? Might it ever occur to you that my fictionalized snoozing sessions on the bag room couch are my humorous attempts to mock something for I find objectionable within a work place?

By the way, say, "Hi" to LF again for me.

So Reveals Jester.

Maybe I'm missing something... but when someone is paying another to do a job, is it not reasonable for the other person to perform that job? But you equate that with being a corporate "yes man"? I am certain that if your dentist, your barber or your dry cleaner all did a poor job you wouldn't tolerrrrrrr, oh, wait.... bad examples in your case, but you get the point. If you are getting paid, then do your job or find another for which you are willing to earn your pay, okay? Might it ever occur to you that my fictionalized snoozing sessions on the bag room couch are my humorous attempts to mock something for I find objectionable within a work place?

By the way, say, "Hi" to LF again for me.

So Reveals Jester.

I tried but he didn't know any " Jester "