Parker Turns Down Bonus

Read back a little further - at two meeting with the techs at the flight center Parker came out and said the only way we will see a pay increase is if we agree to let more work be outsourced. We told him that is not going to happen.

On his bonus I am saying the one time in the past that he did not take money they very quietly gave him what he turned down and more in the next year to make up for the giving it up then.

It is nice to see some one who has too much money say "do not give me any more" I hope he keeps saying it.

Have to wonder about a Board of Directors so stupid to tell some one who has too much money "have some more".

Is he giving it up or is he deferring it until a later date? I think it is a "legit" and important question in this "koolaid fest."

It is an important distinction...but let's suppose it's deferred...if you were in his position would you choose to defer it or would you take the stance...well the other AWA folks are getting it why should I defer mine?

Anyway..."koolaid fest" ROFLMAO...Good one! :up:

It is an important distinction...but let's suppose it's deferred...if you were in his position would you choose to defer it or would you take the stance...well the other AWA folks are getting it why should I defer mine?

Anyway..."koolaid fest" ROFLMAO...Good one! :up:
Eric
"K.A. fest"? or sitting drawing intrest? Which do you think?

AWA Contract...I respect your opinion, but and this is a big one...I think your totally offbase on this one. Sure executives got bonus post 911 premerger...BUT SO DID ALL NON UNION NON CONTRACT EMPLOYEES in the pay grades mentioned above. Sorry but the IBT wasn't smart enough to join in the profit sharing. For heaven's sake look at the whole picture not just the IBT's lack of foresight.

Eric,

The declining of a bonus when the company IS NOT profitable is appropriate. The BOD was giving Doug his bonus from AWA, I'm glad to see he declined.

It would NOT have bode well with the employees in the East and they are the majority!

As Doug said, his overall Longterm compensation package when profitable will surely make up what he skips now.

AWA Cactus is correct. It's postponed. With regard to the rank and file, AWA has contracts that have been amendable for years, and they have not negotiated one damn raise for any group.

No Exec should be taking anything.

As Doug said, his overall Longterm compensation package when profitable will surely make up what he skips now.

Actually, PITbull, what he said was "Unlike most of the team, my total compensation includes some other key elements, including a Long Term Incentive Plan. That Plan paid out a significant amount for 2005 due to America West’s industry leading stock performance from 2002 to 2005."

I have no idea what Doug considers "a significant amount", but it appears he only turned down one part of his "bonus".

Still, I agree that it was nice gesture on his part. Certainly a lot better than Steve "I'll pick up my $35 mil on the way out" Wolf, Dave "You're just lucky I'm here" Siegel, and the all time favorite - Bruce "My salary is just a pimple" Lakefield.

Jim

It is nice to see some one who has too much money say "do not give me any more" I hope he keeps saying it.

Have to wonder about a Board of Directors so stupid to tell some one who has too much money "have some more".
That's the way it is in corporate America. There are many CEO's out there that make way more than DP--and I'm sure many of those CEO's are at comparably sized or even smaller companies.

Regardless of what some think, this speaks volumes about DP being in it for the long term unlike previous US CEO's that were in it just for $$$. For that sole reason DP gets my support.

AWA has contracts that have been amendable for years, and they have not negotiated one damn raise for any group.

Pit, non-contract, non-management employees have received raises every year since 2001 and now just yesterday another bonus bring the total of bonuses to 2. I would hope that all employees would participate in the profit sharing plan. Why the unions haven't negotiated profit sharing into their CBAs is beyond me. That might be the first step Management and Unions need to take to start working together for a common goal.

Bill Franke with a candy coating.

Sorry awacontract, but I don't agree with you. I'd rather have Doug Parker than Bill Franke. I may not agree with everything the company does, but at least Doug is approachable. I've had Franke on my flights and Doug, at least Doug talks to you.

Pit, non-contract, non-management employees have received raises every year since 2001 and now just yesterday another bonus bring the total of bonuses to 2. I would hope that all employees would participate in the profit sharing plan. Why the unions haven't negotiated profit sharing into their CBAs is beyond me. That might be the first step Management and Unions need to take to start working together for a common goal.
EricLv2Fish, as you have professed previously, you are NOT currently union represented and you NEVER have been. So please don't speculate as to why or why not unions have or have not negotiated anything. You post things like this and your union members may not look very highly upon you and your attitude at times. Until you have been there, don't be concerned and think you know. Just some friendly advice.

This is amazing, I'll probably get blasted by the same couple of negative posters but I really don't care. But what do you people want??? You #itch and complain when they take the money and you #itch and complain when they don't. At this point I'd say screw it Doug..take the money, your not going to make people happy anyway. I give him full credit NOT taking it at this time. If we start to make money..thats a different story! I'm not a "Kool-Aid" drinker but simply an employee that saw a management person NOT take money at this point and we "Easties" aren't used to seeing that. I give him credit. Folks don't waste your time bickering about a CEO who turned down money. If this bothers you...get on a bandwagon and bring back Wolf and the gang then we'll see millions being tucked in "SPECIAL" accounts!! Take a deep breath and let this thing work it's self out!

Is he giving it up or is he deferring it until a later date? I think it is a "legit" and important question in this "koolaid fest."

Doesn't matter!!!! When he brings us to a profitable company and gives back to the employees.......take double. I don't care.

I agree ..but there will probably be some people that say something "Oh, he's only doing it to make himself look good"

Well, duh, He's not stupid. And it DOES make him look good, doncha think? He knows if he took the money, it would be like stirring a hornets nest. Also, how could he go into negotiations w/front line groups and claim there is no money for them, after taking a big fat pay out?
It was a no-brainer decision, IMO.
Yes, I realize there are many greedy CEOs who would take it anyway, screw what the peons think.
And, yes, I am happy and pleased he passed.
And, yes, I appreciate the gesture.
But I don't think for a second that he won't eventually get the money down the road.
And it dosen't make him my friend or cause me to trust him any more than I already don't.