Parker Turns Down Bonus

Every other time he has done this for a media show he takes the money in just a little while and very quietly. It is all there in the share holder reports and the SEC Filings.

I will repeat it for you - Bill Franke with a candy coating

he turned down $770,000 at the same time he accepted $22,000,000 for getting the merger through. wake up people!

Every other time he has done this for a media show he takes the money in just a little while and very quietly. It is all there in the share holder reports and the SEC Filings.

I can't recall another situation where money was turned down. I would like to research SEC filings. Little help please.

he turned down $770,000 at the same time he accepted $22,000,000 for getting the merger through. wake up people!

Where did you get the 22,000,000 dollar figure from?

That's all speculation Gonzo.

The rest of the "team" taking the money is speculation? LOL

I realize that you don't want to even think that your hero is not the saint you would have him be. The hard facts are that he CAN say that he doesn't want his "team" to take the money, until other financial problems are taken care of, but he doesn't see the financial situation of the employees on the front lines (U east) as a "problem". What he is doing is a token gesture.

You need to wake up Eric.... He will refuse the money now but it is only a time delay for when he will take it. The board has made arrangements for that money to be part of the "budget", it's already spent, so he will get it anyway....eventually. He can afford to say no to the money......
:)

The rest of the "team" taking the money is speculation? LOL

Gonzo, Your not understanding what I stated. The rest of the team taking the money is not what I said was speculation. DP finding a way to get the money even though he publicly turned it down is. I'm awake and will remain vigilant to the facts. Give me facts to reevaluate positions. Speculation is what it is and doesn't warrant questioning one's character or motives.

All the executives have "employment contracts", go figure, Doug cannot order them to stop taking any money entilted to them under the contract.

Too bad the employees cant file a section 1113c on the executives like they did to the rank and file employees covered under CBAs.

ROFL......DP is such a kind and generous person......if he was really concerned then he would be saying that the over $700,000 would go to employees on the front lines...the ones who have taken pay cuts and reductions in benefits, the East Coast employees.
Let's see . there are 30,000 "east" employees. $770,000/30,000 = about $25 (before taxes).

He turned down $770,000???
Just Food For Thought That May Have Put Him In A HIGHER TAX BRACKET??? :rolleyes: Look Good And Save Money LOL.

If So, Smart Man No One Said He Was dumb. What I see is he's good with money. ;)

He turned down $770,000???
Just Food For Thought That May Have Put Him In A HIGHER TAX BRACKET??? :rolleyes: Look Good And Save Money LOL.

If So, Smart Man No One Said He Was dumb. What I see is he's good with money. ;)
And hopefully good enough, DP and staff, to turn this around and into a profitable airline.

I think he had the easy part.......plucking shiploads of money out of investors pockets. Now the rest of it...... :unsure:

I have to be brutally honest to those on here who are openly cynical & critical that if I were CEO and read those comments I'd think long and hard about giving up one dime of what I earned in compensation in the future.

You're coming across as whiney & unforgiving and if that's the case then no amount of sacrifice would ever be enough, so he might as well have kept the money.

I happen to think he bought a lot of loyalty and respect with his decision and it will be money well "spent" by him going forward.

Piney,
Yeah! Thanks for calling it---whiney is a good word.

How can we begrudge someone who has the ability and made the right choices in life to put himself in place to make tons of money...If I were smart enough I'd have done the same thing, less giving up the 770,000 :->

And hopefully good enough, DP and staff, to turn this around and into a profitable airline.

I think he had the easy part.......plucking shiploads of money out of investors pockets. Now the rest of it...... :unsure:

Don't take getting investors to sink 2.5 billion dollars into a failing airline as an easy task! A tremendous amount of credit has to be given to those folks involved in convincing the investors the new US Airways would be profitable if they took a risk by investing their money all the while Wall Street analyst were painting a picture of doom on airline mergers. Perhaps it would be more accurate saying the EASIEST part is over...hard part...integrating two very different cultures and business plans.

Don't take getting investors to sink 2.5 billion dollars into a failing airline as an easy task! A tremendous amount of credit has to be given to those folks involved in convincing the investors the new US Airways would be profitable if they took a risk by investing their money all the while Wall Street analyst were painting a picture of doom on airline mergers. Perhaps it would be more accurate saying the EASIEST part is over...hard part...integrating two very different cultures and business plans.
Exactly......I just said it without as many words. ;)

Back