Parker Turns Down Bonus

This is amazing, I'll probably get blasted by the same couple of negative posters but I really don't care. But what do you people want??? You #itch and complain when they take the money and you #itch and complain when they don't. At this point I'd say screw it Doug..take the money, your not going to make people happy anyway. I give him full credit NOT taking it at this time. If we start to make money..thats a different story! I'm not a "Kool-Aid" drinker but simply an employee that saw a management person NOT take money at this point and we "Easties" aren't used to seeing that. I give him credit. Folks don't waste your time bickering about a CEO who turned down money. If this bothers you...get on a bandwagon and bring back Wolf and the gang then we'll see millions being tucked in "SPECIAL" accounts!! Take a deep breath and let this thing work it's self out!

EricLv2Fish, as you have professed previously, you are NOT currently union represented and you NEVER have been. So please don't speculate as to why or why not unions have or have not negotiated anything. You post things like this and your union members may not look very highly upon you and your attitude at times. Until you have been there, don't be concerned and think you know. Just some friendly advice.

True, I have never been represented by a Union. Your point is noted and thanks for the advice. I'm not trying to piss anyone off when I question why or why not things have occurred. Positions from time to time need to be re-evaluated, otherwise they become stagnant and unproductive. If I become represented...and it's very likely many of us will...I would hope the organization who represents us works with the company and not against the company. This doesn't mean laying down or rolling over. There has to be mutal respect. The respect must be earned and you don't earn respect by degrading the other side privately or publicly. You can rest assure I will be an active member of my union to promote the well being of my teammates.

March 9 , 2006

US Airways CEO Declines 2005 Annual Incentive Payment
March 9, 2006

US Airways today announced internally that CEO Doug Parker has declined his 2005 bonus payment. ...
The Board also elected to make payouts to certain former US Airways employees who are now working as part of the new combined team.

I hope Doug is reading this.

Thank you, Doug. BUT this is a token effort. Until "all the boys (and girls?)" on the 9th floor FOLLOW YOUR LEAD this just makes you look good for as long as the headline is remembered (about a week, maybe.) Until the entire executive team "gets on board" this does nothing, in my opinion, to foster teamwork and a true spirit of a "one big airline". Didn't the board just approve raises for all of ya's to "bring you in line with the rest of the industry"? Now, they're all -- except you -- taking huge bonuses, too?

Why oh why would CERTAIN former US Airways employees who are now working as part of the combined team get this bonus? Shouldn't they just be greatful they still have jobs, even -- isn't that what we're all supposed to be feeling? Grateful to just still have our jobs? It sounds like some twisted line from "Animal Farm" -- something like "all pigs are created equal, but some are more equal than others."

I commend you Doug -- your efforts have been recognized and approved -- but your TEAM needs to do more. You can't do it all, yourself. Even if they all gave back 50% of their bonuses -- it would be a start.

Why oh why would CERTAIN former US Airways employees who are now working as part of the combined team get this bonus? Shouldn't they just be greatful they still have jobs, even -- isn't that what we're all supposed to be feeling? Grateful to just still have our jobs? It sounds like some twisted line from "Animal Farm" -- something like "all pigs are created equal, but some are more equal than others."

I agree with you Breath. Giving US execs bonuses for AWA performance in 2005 just isn't right, unless of course they made an impact in 2005 that otherwise would have left us unprofitable. Wonder what their rationale is for giving US execs a portion of our bonuses?

I agree with you Breath. Giving US execs bonuses for AWA performance in 2005 just isn't right, unless of course they made an impact in 2005 that otherwise would have left us unprofitable. Wonder what their rationale is for giving US execs a portion of our bonuses?
Don't worry Eric the company will take care of you. :rolleyes:

I commend Mr. Parker and his efforts; more should follow his lead. :up:

I know many "Westies" will disagree but I think that money should be used to help pay for hotels for training of new-hires .... You would get a better caliber of new hires. Many good people turn down the offer because they cannot afford to survive on $20/day with no paycheck, for 2 months.

This is most likely why the low turnout for FA Open Houses.

I Know that West Coast people have paid for their own training, I just thought it would be a good gesture!

ROFL......DP is such a kind and generous person......if he was really concerned then he would be saying that the over $700,000 would go to employees on the front lines...the ones who have taken pay cuts and reductions in benefits, the East Coast employees.

I agree that "the rest of the DP team" needs to take the same refusal tactic or it means nothing. NOTHING DP. What a joke...... :)

Gonzo, You are so right...I would'nt mind seeing a little part of that $700,000...I'm tired of working my days off so I can pay bills...

Say what you want but there is a difference between passing on a bonus and just deferring it till no one is looking. As a bargining unit member do I need to explain the term "past practices"
If you dislike and have nothing good to say of DP, then tell us who you want to run this company?
If you hate DP so much please do the rest of us a favor and find a company you like the CEO.
We are a lot better off with DP than a lot of CEO's. Everything is not perfect but a lot better than others have it right now.

mopar man...don't work yourself into a lather. If your making so little that you have to work your days off to pay your bills I highly suggest to quit and find a higher paying job or is it just simply more fun to COMPLAIN about it and do nothing. Move on! Grow up people...according to "W", the economy is doing well (lol), he's created alot of HIGH paying jobs (lol, Wal-Mart, Target just to name a couple)...go get on!

Yes it does.....but not in a positive way, since the remainder of his "team" has taken the money. It's all for show and he is the "front man". :)

That's all speculation Gonzo. Can he can "order" the rest of the team not to take the money. All he can try to do is set the example. Personally I have not experienced anything that would call DP's character into question. You may have so please share. Granted he's not a saint, but before you start throwing examples out make sure they are concrete and not speculative. Maybe we should mix some koolaid with the grapefruit juice some of you have been drinking to come up with some hard facts.

Back