Petition to keep US Airways Headquarters in Tempe

REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED TO PIT WHEN THAT MF PARKER TOOK OVER. WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND. LOL!

PIT was all ready being downsized before Parker came on board.

And many of us who have been at US or are still there have had to move, when I was hired on I do remember being asked if you were going to be able to move if you had to.

Lets see, PIT, BOS, LGA, TPA, MIA, GSO, ILM, ROA, LAX, SFO, UCA, SAN, SYR, DAY, BWI, RNO, MCO( RES), INT, CCY, and many more stations being res, crew base, maintenance or fleet or csa have been affected, its nothing new in the airline business.

Why can't anyone come to understand that PIT was on the way out prior to Parker as 700 stated? Is it a shame, yes but only one of many stations that have gone down over the years. From what I recall, nobody in PIT lost any sleep over all of the other stations that were getting cut.

Reactions: 2 people
PIT was all ready being downsized before Parker came on board.

And many of us who have been at US or are still there have had to move, when I was hired on I do remember being asked if you were going to be able to move if you had to.

Lets see, PIT, BOS, LGA, TPA, MIA, GSO, ILM, ROA, LAX, SFO, UCA, SAN, SYR, DAY, BWI, RNO, MCO( RES), INT, CCY, and many more stations being res, crew base, maintenance or fleet or csa have been affected, its nothing new in the airline business.

I agree. The old Allegheny folks were (some still are) totally in denial about PIT. It was on the way out during the first bankruptcy because of the price of doing business there. To be fair, it was USAir's rosy promises that prompted the Pittsburgh politico's to build that unquestionably fantastic new EXPENSIVE terminal. Then, US Airways reneged on those promises starting with bankruptcy one. (That's what bankruptcy is for, after all.)

None of what Parker did surprised any of the old Piedmonsters. We watched our icons (crew bases) smashed over the years and an almost total abandonment of the old Piedmont Mecca (INT/GSO.)

Nothing is totally safe, but I would bet (in the event of a merger) anyone who wants to live in base for an entire career could feel reasonable safe near DFW, CLT, MIA, ORD, and maybe LAX. Everything else could go away within a decade (crew base and hub-wise.)

Answering to the original post, because this is a no brainer...

It is the politicians job to try to save jobs. IF US were to leave Tempe and Arizona, many jobs would leave with them. But Doug's brain has been baked enough, and giving him a public DUI didn't help matters.

Why can't anyone come to understand that PIT was on the way out prior to Parker as 700 stated? Is it a shame, yes but only one of many stations that have gone down over the years. From what I recall, nobody in PIT lost any sleep over all of the other stations that were getting cut.

I already said and agreed with your assessment. The reason NOBODY can understand why PIT was on its way out is because 1/9 of the total US workforce lived in that area and commuted to their jobs from there. Notice who keeps arguing that fact!

Yeaaaaa, that's what we'll be saying about TEMPEEEE next year, it was allready on it's way out LOL.

I know you do, but many want to place blaim on Parker and HP for the demise of PIT. I won't argue that he wasn't around in the end, but the wheels were already in motion when the merger took place. I think that it was/is a great facility, and wish that it was still what it once was.

Latest posts