Philty Philly

trvlr64

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
FLL
www.usaviation.com
While waiting for my connection in PHL yesterday I had time to kill and wandered around the B concourse (gate B10 - B15). I had my digital camera with me and took some very interesting pictures which I will be sending to US.

This airport is a disgrace. It's gross, disgusting and downright appaling and someone in US management needs to address these phacilities ASAP. Garbage is strewn throughout the boarding areas, multiple stains on the carpets, holes in a wall near the gangway entrance, seats with mutliple tears and rips. And the best evidence of total lack of responsibility were 3 oxygen tanks laying next to an employee marked door. GEE! Wonder what damage I could do with those if I was a nasty terrorist?

I noticed that CLT has been given a "phacelift" with new boarding signage. So why hasn't PHL been given a "phacelift" since it is the "crown jewel" of the USAIRWAYS system.

Wish I could post these pictures here for everyone to see. If I was this airport's manager I would be ashamed.

Thanks! I am traveling this week and will be in BOS, CLT, BNA and back home in PIT. Maybe I should take pictures in each airport just as proof how gross PHL is.

OOPS can't spell...........PHILTHY PHILLY as my thread title!! ;)

trvlr64 said:
While waiting for my connection in PHL yesterday I had time to kill and wandered around the B concourse (gate B10 - B15). I had my digital camera with me and took some very interesting pictures which I will be sending to US.

This airport is a disgrace. It's gross, disgusting and downright appaling and someone in US management needs to address these phacilities ASAP. Garbage is strewn throughout the boarding areas, multiple stains on the carpets, holes in a wall near the gangway entrance, seats with mutliple tears and rips. And the best evidence of total lack of responsibility were 3 oxygen tanks laying next to an employee marked door. GEE! Wonder what damage I could do with those if I was a nasty terrorist?

I noticed that CLT has been given a "phacelift" with new boarding signage. So why hasn't PHL been given a "phacelift" since it is the "crown jewel" of the USAIRWAYS system.

Wish I could post these pictures here for everyone to see. If I was this airport's manager I would be ashamed.
[post="281395"][/post]​

Next time you feel like taking pictures, go through the building at LGA. (The only place on the system where US has its own building).

- Broken and missing chairs in the food court.
- More speed tape on the carpeting than in the stockrooms.
- Holes in the pavement.
- Broken tiles on the floors
- Broken escalators
- Buckets collecting rainwater
- Broken glass overhead
- Air conditioning that doesn't cool.
- Windows so dirty, it always looks foggy outside.

It's all a disgrace and disgusting. Im ashamed I even work for this nickle and dime outfit, but do you really think CCY has any concern about this mess at the airports? They'll just send your complaints to Consumer Affairs, and let Deborah Thompson handle it. They've got some wonderful people there who can spin things around with the best of CCY.

Think its bad on the inside of the building take a look at that equipment the employees have to work with outside I mean is that stuff safe to drive or what looks like its from the local junk yard.

But hey the Execs have to cut corners to stuff millions of dollars in there pockets in CCY.

libertybell said:
Think its bad on the inside of the building take a look at that equipment the employees have to work with outside I mean is that stuff safe to drive or what looks like its from the local junk yard.

But hey the Execs have to cut corners to stuff millions of dollars in there pockets in CCY.
[post="281442"][/post]​

Amen to that. It is so embarrassing driving equipment with smoke pouring out of it, and that would be all the equipment we have that actually runs. I would like to guess that most are like us, more tagged out then running.

I have to say on the Philly factor, I think concourse B is far worse than F. It's no wonder some of the people working there have a bad attitude, they are just matching their surroundings.

libertybell said:

[post="281442"][/post]​
I'd have to wonder what the passengers and flight crews are saying about this mess in the pigpen

The equipment driving around my airport is all dented and scratched up for one reason; the operators keep hitting other things. That's not the only problem though. It would be nice for them to have the spare parts to replace things that don't work like headlights, etc.

I'm confused. :unsure:

I thought M.O.M.* (mouthpiece of management) had posted here how much PHL had improved. I remember a post several months ago how all the repairs were being made. Surely you are all wrong and just bitching and moaning again.

Maybe another round of lipstick in is order.............

*USA320pilot

oh, I forgot,

regards

l4pi

Heard that 59 tugs were out of service in PHL. ABR runs out of tugs every night. Mgt. knows about the equiptment problems and either refuses to fix them, or simply can't.
By the way, Sunday night the express missed over a thousand bags in PHL. What an outfit.

Latest posts