Philty Philly

robbedagain said:
I'd have to wonder what the passengers and flight crews are saying about this mess in the pigpen
[post="281456"][/post]​

I've grown accustomed to ignoring the filthy terminals in PHL....I've learned to overlook all the trash, broken seats piled on top of each other, holes in the carpet, holes in the walls of the ramps to the jetways, trash on the jetways, and the smell! It's a shame the image we portray in PHL for customers that we are DESPERATELY trying to keep! The A-West terminal is starting to get pretty raunchy too! You just can't have nice things in PHL, because nobody there really cares! You know it's just a mystery to me, I always see the Airport cleaning staff pushing carts around the terminals but WHAT are they cleaning?

The passenger level is spotless compared to the employee bathrooms and breakrooms.....we've had to call the health dept....see if that does any good. Can't even get the trash dumped.

crushed said:
The passenger level is spotless compared to the employee bathrooms and breakrooms.....we've had to call the health dept....see if that does any good. Can't even get the trash dumped.
[post="281515"][/post]​
A customer grabbed me at the baggage carousel a couple of years ago to bend my ear about PHL. She was "embarrased" that first time visitors to the states had to enter through the jewel in our crown.

Finish or Ignore said:
A customer grabbed me at the baggage carousel a couple of years ago to bend my ear about PHL. She was "embarrased" that first time visitors to the states had to enter through the jewel in our crown.
[post="281548"][/post]​
yeah, I was embarrased every time i flew thru phl!!! i cant imagine what it'd be like of the pres of the usa went thru the terminal let alone good ol uncle screw the employees AL!

Who is responsible for the upkeep of the PHL terminals? From the information on these boards, I assume that the space US occupies is all leased, and from that would assume that the Airport Authority/City is responsible for maintenance and repair. Maybe this is not the case.

"Sanitors" used to clean the airport.
Then we hired them to clean our planes.
They were unprepared to take the contract and had to hire lots of employees in a short time.
Don't know if they are still supposed to be cleaning the airport too.

CLTTPA said:
Who is responsible for the upkeep of the PHL terminals? From the information on these boards, I assume that the space US occupies is all leased, and from that would assume that the Airport Authority/City is responsible for maintenance and repair. Maybe this is not the case.
[post="281561"][/post]​

I would bet that the city should be taking the heat for the filthy conditions in PHL. In CLT the city has the chore of upkeep in the terminals, which is contracted out. The only bad part is when the bids go out for cleaning you must go with low bid. And you usually get crappy service with that low bid.

I was on the moving walk in A West a few months ago... there was a cleaning company employee in front of me with her cart (on the moving walk!) slouched over the top of it, apparently sleeping! When some passengers yelled at her, she glared and started to move the cart, only to get it stuck and cause a pile up at the end. Experienced moving walker that I am, I stayed in place by walking backwards, feeling like a fool. Only in Philly.

Unfortunately this is probably as good as it gets for PHL....from what I've seen in the past of couple of years since I've been based there, the rudeness and the laziness of the Airport employees will never change. IMO, I think its a shame that people flying through PHL form their first impression of Philadelphia (and USAirways) based on the Airport and its workers....how terrible! And what are those Airport cleaners actually doing all day? I see them pushing carts around the terminals but nothing is cleaned?

The sad part of this story is that Al and Donna have NOT been held to the strict standards that they have imposed on the managerial sacrifices they have sent there through the years.

THEY JUST DONT GIVE A DAMN!

Try looking at the boarding area's in OTHER cities!

I've told our mgr OVER AND OVER..DEAF EARS IS WHAT I ENCOUNTER!

Ceiling tiles missing, large plastic bucket on psrs seats in boarding areas, sliced seats, jetway doors filthy..

Carpet smelly and noticiably stained..

They just dont care..

If I was flying first time, I'd ask for a REFUND!

Deplorable conditions!

Last time I was thru PHL back in May, it looked like a disaster area, especially in the gate area at the end of C concourse. The old podiums were still there (in the way) and the chairs all had cut marks in them (it looked like all the old chairs got dumped here.) Even if they would just put the chairs in a row instead of just dumping them in the gate area things would look better. There were no walkways with the chairs just strewn about. It really looked like chaos had hit (nothing new for PHL, I know).

OY! What a day! 9:40am BOS to CLT to BNA, then 6pm (ok really 7pm) BNA to CLT to PIT. 4 airports, 2 at various times in the same day.

Guess what?

NO TRASH strewn about. I took pictures in BOS and CLT today. Decided against BNA since the terminal is shared between US, DL, NW, etc. Even PIT was spotless as I dragged my tired behind through the B concourse. No pictures taken there but I can do that on Monday 7/18.

Amazing that BOS and CLT look prestine no matter what time of the day when compared to PHL.

I'll send the pictures to the email address I was given in the morning. I'm off to bed.

Gnite!

Latest posts