Philty Philly

Got an email from the person that was going to upload my pictures for display on another website.

Seems US management threatened a lawsuit because it places them in a "bad light"

SCREW U, US management.

Email me directly if you have a problem with my displaying your shameful attitude.

I dare U.

muircross said:
Heard that 59 tugs were out of service in PHL. ABR runs out of tugs every night. Mgt. knows about the equiptment problems and either refuses to fix them, or simply can't.
By the way, Sunday night the express missed over a thousand bags in PHL. What an outfit.
[post="281468"][/post]​

Awesome!

I'm sure Catie Quinn and Cindy Fox will get right on that bag mess and fix it lickety split!

Who am I kidding? It's a week later, and I'm surprised a semi didn't pull into PIT or CLT this week.

PHL... what a joke
I live in the PHL area.. this is the WORST AIRPORT IN THE COUNTRY
It's a disgrace ..

Only 42 tugs not 59 are out of service in Philly....but then we only have 150 tugs to start with.
I find it funny that absolutely nothing has changed in PHL over the last 10 years but what was always the fault of "Fleet Service" is now managemants fault.
Have you guys seen the light?
Do you now realize that if we really wanted to,,,fs could shut PHL down based on safety issues alone.
Try working in a ####-hole everyday and see how your "attitude" is!

Why would the company be offended to post pictures of PHL??? Is that a privilege only afforded to paying customers??

Sad...if they are so embarrassed, why don't they fix it?

trvlr64 said:
Got an email from the person that was going to upload my pictures for display on another website.

Seems US management threatened a lawsuit because it places them in a "bad light"

[post="282054"][/post]​

What would they sue you for and wouldnt you love the media attention this one would bring? Instead of showing some USAviation people pictures, they'd be plastered all over the papers. Are these guys THAT stupid? (Dont answer that.)
I didnt realize that it was illegal to take pictures in the airport. Show us pictures of some of your friends sitting around an airport please. I love to look at vacation shots! B)
PS- The only place I've traveled so far that I've specifically been told not to take pictures at the airport was in Russia and China. Hmmmm. :down:

trvlr64, just post it on one of the free online photo places like www.imageshack.us . I'm going to Philly on a mileage run and would like a preview ... lucky for me its a credit run not on USAirways so I should be able to get off the plane and get back on without spending any time at the airport :)

Ya know the sad part is this is the "New and Improved PHL". I remember what it was like before the spruce up a couple years ago. I know its a busy place and you're going to have stuff lying around after a push, but the question is, how long after the push is it still lying there? Not sure if the old podiums still in the way are an airport deal or US facilites deal. Also in regards to the carpet stains and walls needing paint and patching, this is something that Facilities needs to address to the airport authority. OR maybe someone would like to get OSHA involved just in case there's mold growing under the carpet and pest infestations there from the hole in the wall. Just mention OSHA and watch how someone moves.
We had dead pigeons in the jetway roof (Summertime Florida heat jetways) and couldnt get anyone at the company to act so someone ended up calling OSHA on the health hazard. They ended up coming in HAZMAT suits to clean out the animals and wash down the place and they'd been making us WORK in that with bird droppings and stench every day. Any time we needed something done after that we just had to mention OSHA and suddenly it became priority. Amazing what it takes sometimes to get the company to act (and the manager was pissed at the agents for calling OSHA!) :down:

trvlr64 said:
I have a question. Is it common to leave oxygen tanks, either full or empty, laying out in a "public area"? Just curious.

[post="282478"][/post]​

The oxygen isnt normally left out laying around (at least where I work). We do at times have it behind the counter podium (we dont have a coordinator to bring it planeside when it arrives so we have to preplan and get it in advance sometimes) a flight or two before the actual flight its scheduled to go on. We also sometimes get it at the top of the jetway after the customers gets off and gets their own supply hooked up and they might have finished the flight and left it there in error. Normally when its over, we set it outside the jetway for the ramp guys to take to the air freight cart for repacking.
The little bottles look like they might be someones personal supply. We get these all the time and gather them up and take to baggage for the companies to come and collect them.

trvlr64 said:
:( Thanks for posting the photos. I am hopeful that the attention they get will force some action. The jetways are a disgrace as are the inside of our aircraft. They cannot possibly be a healthy environment when tray tables and carpeting never get cleaned. U, please be proactive for once. :shock:

Does anyone know if the other airlines at PHL have the same housekeeping issues that US has? It would be interesting to see some other gate areas for comparison. That would keep things fair as far as complaining about how bad the US Airways gate areas appear to be.

PHL does look horrible in comparison to PIT, CLT, BOS, DCA, GSO and small stations such as GNV and ROA, IMHO.

It appears nothing is going to be done until the new company takes over!!!! How pathetic!

What do you expect when the Merger Integration Team may or may not contain executives from the new company!!!!!!! What a joke...at least have those that are going to be around make the decisions.....