PHL-SNN

Status
Not open for further replies.
PHL-SNN will be a 757 and PHL-DUB flight will be upgaged to a 767.
Didn't someone (Kirby/Parker) indicate recently that there will be only 1 new international destination in 2013? Kind of a let down if this is it. If so, unless the plan is to replace most 767s in 2013 with 330s, where will the to be delivered 332s go? ATH is still scheduled as a 767 for 2013.

I wouldn't really consider this to be a "New" route since it was previously served.

Not much of a new international destination,but it is within the range of the 757. Would rather have liked to have see CPH,ARN,NAP,PRG or VIE as a new city.Any chance maybe picking up a few 767's like they did a few years ago when they added a few used 757's? Should be able to pick up a few rather cheap and the 767 is still in production.

Reactions: 1 person
Seriously no one wants to visit Shannon, Ireland and if I did I would fly Aer Lingus on their A330 rather than a dumpy USAir 757. When can USAir fly to Asia (Beijing, HK, Tokyo, etc)

Josh

If no one wants to fly there, then why do airlines fly to SNN?

Airlines are quick to cut routes that arent profitable.

And CO/UA are the largest 757s flights to Europe, and US' 757s are equipped with Envoy Class.

Reactions: 2 people
Among other carriers' 757s to Europe, USAirs is the dumpiest. CO had Flat Bed seats and AVOD, AA has the same product as their 777 and 763s but you don't care about facts.

Josh

Seriously no one wants to visit Shannon, Ireland and if I did I would fly Aer Lingus on their A330 rather than a dumpy USAir 757. When can USAir fly to Asia (Beijing, HK, Tokyo, etc)

Josh

I prefer flying into SNN, beats being stuck in Dublin traffic all day trying to get out to the west coast.

Among other carriers' 757s to Europe, USAirs is the dumpiest. CO had Flat Bed seats and AVOD, AA has the same product as their 777 and 763s but you don't care about facts.

Josh

So have you flown a US 757 to Europe?

Whats your qualifications to portray to the board you are an airline expert?

http://www.usairways.com/en-us/traveltools/intheair/envoyfirst/envoyclass.html

There's no place like Envoy, our international business class. With more space and personalized service, you'll arrive refreshed, relaxed and ready to do business. Enjoy restaurant-style meals and sip fine wines. Pass the time with hours of movies, TV and music. Plus, enjoy access to any US Airways Club the day you travel, priority boarding and baggage handling and no checked bag fees. And if your trip includes flights within the U.S., you'll travel in First Class.
  • On-demand entertainment with movies, TV and music
  • Choose from 50 movies, 40 hours of TV programs, 75 CDs and 10 audio channels
  • Bring your laptop. Every seat has a power outlet
Remarkably comfortable, peaceful and private, Envoy will change the way you travel. Your seat will range from a near lie-flat seat to a
fully flat bed (depending on the aircraft).

Use your amenity kit to freshen up and settle in. With a toothbrush, toothpaste, socks, an eye shade, lotion, lip balm and ear plugs,
you’ll have everything you need to sit back, relax and enjoy your flight.

We've made some exciting changes in Envoy, from the china to the menu. Our menu is a fresh take on classic American favorites, simply prepared with delicious ingredients.

From our signature filet and more vegetarian options to our selection of award-winning wines, the choice is all yours in Envoy. And throughout your flight, help yourself to fresh fruit and refreshments available in our galley.

You're going to love the way the new Envoy looks, and more importantly, the way it tastes. Bon appétit!

You're just like johnjohn copy and paste...links...copy and paste...link

Fortunately I haven't flown USAir Envoy and have no plans to do so. I have however flown AA and CO 757s in their angled flat and Flat Bed BusinessFirst seats, respectively. See if you knew what other carriers offered you'd see why USAir is so pathetic but you don't.

Josh

So by admission you haven't used the product, yet you are able to judge the service?
As you very well know, I'm no fan of yours as I see thru your flame bait bashing of US and the IAM.
This has to be one of your most idiotic replies of all time. You don't like US, you don't fly US, so move on and be done with it.
I'm still waiting for you to man-up and tell us who your employer is Joshie.

Reactions: 7 people
So by admission you haven't used the product, yet you are able to judge the service?
As you very well know, I'm no fan of yours as I see thru your flame bait bashing of US and the IAM.
This has to be one of your most idiotic replies of all time. You don't like US, you don't fly US, so move on and be done with it.
I'm still waiting for you to man-up and tell us who your employer is Joshie.

I don't need to fly on it to see how hideous it is.

Honestly which would rather fly to Europe:
Carol%20sleeping%20757.jpg

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR0yQU2idR8

I've done both SWISS First and Business trust me its among the best.

Josh

Yes, and a food expert doesn't need to taste the food to rate it either.
No soup for you today Joshie!!!!

Josh, just so you know, we could really care less who you fly on. US Euro flights are always full.

So, be my guest I am inviting you to fly on someone else. I doubt Swis will take you to SNN nonstop out of any US airport.

Maybe you could travel with 777Love on one of the A380 first class flights (with all of his status miles) on the 6 hr crossing to Ireland.

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts