Phl Station Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

hack73

Advanced
Jan 17, 2003
The station manager in PHL gave his 2 weeks notice this week.He is going to that LCC out of IAD,I think it is Independence Air.
According to the ramp guys in PHL,there was a new system for assigning agents to flights implemented this week,it is a total disaster!I wonder if this is one of the many reasons Pelc is leaving.Of course,anyone who has a chance to jump ship is leaving,especially in PHL.The station is understaffed dramatically,and loading delays up to 90 minutes have occured the past 3 days.Nice going,CCY!

PIT's guy is in PHL.
L Weitz is a good man for the job and PIT is going no place but MDA.
hopefull he ill get it.

Rumor is that L. Bove from LGA is getting it.

L. Weitz would not be well received by the Agents in PHL.

It doesn't matter who gets it, CCY will never give them the tools they need to fix the place, and nothing will change. It'll continue to be a dump that generates a lot of revenue for the company and its workforce.

I have thought about this for a while. It is my opinion, that the COMPANY should put one the VP's in charge of PHL and let them try to run it as it is. Maybe just maybe, they would see first hand what is wrong with the operation there. If indeed this is our bread and butter station since it accounts for that much revenue, put one of them there and make them turn it around or show them the door. Maybe Mark would see his Rolling Hub idea take flight. Maybe they would see that the current staffing levels are unacceptable to achieve a 0-5 ON-TIME performance. Maybe they would see the problems in the F-Terminal and so on.....Put a BIG BOY there and lets see how they do and what changes would be made.

Hope777 said:
I have thought about this for a while. It is my opinion, that the COMPANY should put one the VP's in charge of PHL and let them try to run it as it is. Maybe just maybe, they would see first hand what is wrong with the operation there. If indeed this is our bread and butter station since it accounts for that much revenue, put one of them there and make them turn it around or show them the door. Maybe Mark would see his Rolling Hub idea take flight. Maybe they would see that the current staffing levels are unacceptable to achieve a 0-5 ON-TIME performance. Maybe they would see the problems in the F-Terminal and so on.....Put a BIG BOY there and lets see how they do and what changes would be made.
Hope,

That is a great idea, and one I have been advocating for a long time. Not only should a VP be assigned to run PHL, but upper management should be required to work weekends as well--many a time with a problem in PHL there is no one senior available to intercede--it's like a M-F 9-5 for them.

On the bright side, I think it can only get better--the on time numbers in PHL are abyssmal.

A final thought--no consideration should be given on how a new candidate for the job will be received by rampers or any other work group---whoever gets it is the boss--period. Everyone deserves a fair chance (although I cannot imagine who would WANT the job). It's time to drop the Philly attitude for once and make things work.

My best to you all....

Pelc was booted out of CLT for a major faux pau that cost the company some $$$ in the grievance procedure.

XJTGuy said:
PIT's guy is in PHL.
L Weitz is a good man for the job and PIT is going no place but MDA.
hopefull he ill get it.
WHAT???? :shock: :shock:

Have you ever worked for him? He is a numbers man, plain and simple. He has no problem solving skills.....he just lashes out at employees and managers dictating what he wants with unrealistic expectations and no real ideas of how to achieve them. Sending him to PHL would do nothing more then turn the shift managers into whipping boys and not offer any problem solving skills at all.

I like Hope's idea of putting a VP in charge of PHL.....Uncle Al comes to mind. If he can't do it, then buh bye. :up:

Actually, the best thing for PHL would be to go outside the company to someone that has real problem solving/people skills and give them free reign. Take CCY's hands out of the pot in PHL and allow someone with real ideas to go in, clean house, staff according to their needs, not CCY's perceived needs and make the operation work!

Mark, hate to burst your bubble, but ALL CSM's are number people. They care not about the employees,but rather their Fleet Launch,On-Time numbers,PWOB's and of coarse staying UNDER budget. Also, take a look at some of our CSM's Senority, quite a few could not hold jobs if they were agents.

I know.....everyone is driven by numbers.....but they also need someone that has problem solving and people skills.....I don't think Lee's the man.

Art at ISP said:
Hope,

That is a great idea, and one I have been advocating for a long time. Not only should a VP be assigned to run PHL, but upper management should be required to work weekends as well--many a time with a problem in PHL there is no one senior available to intercede--it's like a M-F 9-5 for them.

On the bright side, I think it can only get better--the on time numbers in PHL are abyssmal.

A final thought--no consideration should be given on how a new candidate for the job will be received by rampers or any other work group---whoever gets it is the boss--period. Everyone deserves a fair chance (although I cannot imagine who would WANT the job). It's time to drop the Philly attitude for once and make things work.

My best to you all....
[F

EMAIL THIS POST TO DAVE!!!!!!!!!!

ONT=Impact]

Hope Said:
Mark, hate to burst your bubble, but ALL CSM's are number people. They care not about the employees,but rather their Fleet Launch,On-Time numbers,PWOB's and of coarse staying UNDER budget. Also, take a look at some of our CSM's Senority, quite a few could not hold jobs if they were agents.

Hope,
You forgot to mention the number of customers we must drag to kiosks.

Also
Put Uncle Al in the PHL CSM office for 30-60 days..lets see the results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back