Phl Station Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dea- You're right about management getting to the front lines and they aren't there enough. That being said, I'm fairly certain that Baldanza or a guy who looks very much like Baldanza was at Logan on the day before Thanksgiving.

I think most of us would be glad to let these vps work with us to see what goes on the real world. They do not have any clue.
But the bottom line to all this (and its been said many times I know) is that we need more help. We are tired we are hurt enough is enough. At least where I am
MORALE IS THE PITTS ROCK BOTTOM. I kinda got a feeling it is most everywhere else.

AtlanticBeach said:
Dea- You're right about management getting to the front lines and they aren't there enough. That being said, I'm fairly certain that Baldanza or a guy who looks very much like Baldanza was at Logan on the day before Thanksgiving.
They might work the front lines with you, but somebody will grieve them for taking one minute of computer time away from a union member. <_<

I worked for Rick for a while... The man never forgot a name and I always knew where he was coming from....but I will tell you this if you crossed him watch out he would always have his ducks in a row before he came for you and the term
never dance to close to a snake always came to mind when I was talking with him.........

AtlanticBeach said:
;) What made you think it was Ben B.? Was he carrying a pitchfork?

(just kidding, of course, the TSA would never let that get past them!)

Dea

Dea Certe said:
;) What made you think it was Ben B.? Was he carrying a pitchfork?

(just kidding, of course, the TSA would never let that get past them!)

Dea
As Bob said, Ben was at the kiosk. I think that it was cockroach spray that he was carrying. :p

ITRADE said:
They might work the front lines with you, but somebody will grieve them for taking one minute of computer time away from a union member. <_<
First of all, management is not going to dirty their hands (and in a lot of cases, neither will leads or PSS's - good union 'brothers', all) by routinely performing agent or mech work. Get real! One of the bennies of entry level management is to leave the prole work behind.

Second, as a commie-pinko, union apparatchik-prole (made you smile, didn't I, Itrade? :D ), I distinguish between;

1. Management subsituting for a covered member, such as refusing to call in overtime to cover a shortage, and performing the work himself. In which case, I'd grieve the ass off it and win - BT,DT,GtTS- , and

2. A day in the trenches with the troops. Hey, if anybody from dave on down wants to walk a mile in my moccasins, bring it on.

Once upon a time, a regional functionary was touring the ramp on a 100 degree day. The functionary was invited to assist. He immediately hid behind the grieveance smokescreen being thrown up here. The union agitator agreed with all hands on deck, and advised the guy there would be no beef. The functionary left the ramp right quick.

And, even though I appear to be beating a dead horse, there is zip, NADA, nothing in any contract I am aware of that would prevent a veep from becoming the CSM of Philly.

If one did, either we'd soon see they're not up to the job, or not up to the job with the resources currently on hand.

I liked to see Dave or one of his cohorts dump a lav on a windy day.

The company can never fix itself without correcting the PHL mess. Continental figured that out at Newark. A combination of luck, the right person or persons, and the willingness to allow unconventional solutions is what does things like that. But first, you have to believe the problem exists. I'm not sure your management does.

deelmakur said:
The company can never fix itself without correcting the PHL mess. Continental figured that out at Newark. A combination of luck, the right person or persons, and the willingness to allow unconventional solutions is what does things like that. But first, you have to believe the problem exists. I'm not sure your management does.
Agreed, CO fixed EWR. PHL will only get fixed once finance commits the funds to the folks running PHL. Money's tight everywhere but capital investments in PHL is the necessary evil at this point of the game. And let's face it, you need a VP running the joint who can have direct contact with Dave and the board.

"If you build it, they will come"

mgmt has oft worked in line positions, but its damn if you do damn if you don't to the majority of the unionized. Most didn't appreciate or would file a grievance. I been assigned to help out on holidays at the stations even tho I wasn't in that dept. I've worked f/a trips (called co-fly). You buy a trip from a f/a. i.e. you pay them to sit home while you work their job. Its a good idea to understand and experience the workers side of issues. But is that really effecient to pay someone to sit home but thats what the unions fight for. One trip I took the f/a I called to buy her position the night before didn't even know she was supposed to be working that flt at 6 am the next morning. Lovely. So instead of a work infraction she made almost $500 to stay home for 3 days and relax. Thats unionization for ya.

Pelc is an easy target....
But AL Crellan is the REAL problem in PHL!!!
Last time he came to town to talk productivity he brought up the "PHL ramp "walk out" of 1980-something"
Come on AL GET OVER IT!!!
There are only about 75 people left in PHL that even know what you are talking about!!!
It's 2004!!!
Until he get's past the "If PHL says they need it. I'm not giving it...I'll show them!" attitude.....
We are doomed!

Pelc was booted out of CLT for a major faux pau that cost the company some $$$ in the grievance procedure.

Not exactly the case, he fired 3 employees for leaving early and never gave any consideration to the facts at hand. His boss supported him in this termination, but Rakesh saw things in a different way and they were all brought back within 7 days. Mr. Pelc was the casuality of the whole affair and moved to PHL . They said it was a promotion, but it coincided with the grievance being overturned at the top.

He is going to work for ACA as some type of Regional Director of IAD. Funny as it seems, he is going to work for the man who replaced him in CLT in 1999.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back