Pilots Sue Airlines And Thier Union

USA320Pilot said:
DellDude:

Do not be surprised if a counter lawsuit is filed against the 270 pilots, who could be named as defendants, with the plaintiff’s seeking millions of dollars in damages from each of the MDA pilots who created the litigation.

[post="311322"][/post]​

Nothing more than a scare tactic. None of the defendants have suffered damages by anything any of the plaintiffs have done. I would expect that such a tactic would be met with the swift filing of demurrer pleadings and a hearing to drop such a counter suit. The companies and the unions are scared crapless by what the pilots and flight attendants are doing. I know you, USA320pilot, are unfamiliar with the concept of standing up for your rights and saying enough is enough.

You better goddam hope that the pilots are successful, because the MDA division is nothing more than the beginning of mainline flying going off the property.

Nuf said!

DCAflyer

:ph34r: And exactly what would the named companies (defandants) and ALPA file as allegations against the pilots....It is my understanding the MDA Pilots and FA's never had a contract with either of their respective Unions ....Are these guys to be sued as the first of any group of U employees to act and think independently??????!!!!!! Give me a break, are you a real pilot...? ;) .I thought I had seen and heard it all....; Given your claim to be a one of the pilots group, my only advice to you is 'It is far past your bedtime'...'Henny Penny...time to Roost!'
USA320Pilot said:
DellDude:

Do not be surprised if a counter lawsuit is filed against the 270 pilots, who could be named as defendants, with the plaintiff’s seeking millions of dollars in damages from each of the MDA pilots who created the litigation.

I hope each MDA pilot has a lot of money for legal fees because this could get very ugly quickly. I believe US Airways, Republic, and ALPA probably have deeper pockets than the 270 MDA pilots and can sustain the financial pressure of hundreds of thousands of dollars in legal fees. Can the MDA pilots?

What do you expect US Airways, Republic, and ALPA to do? Idly sit by while their being sued? Would you sit by if somebody sued you?

Do I like this? No, of course not, but I believe the parties listed in the sentence above will fight this lawsuit and file a counter lawsuit. Meanwhile, there will be one group of professionals who will be winners -- the lawyers.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="311322"][/post]​

Everyone 320's right....

It's gonna get ugly, let's not do it...!!!!

Lets sit back and just take it....!! I'm gonna go hide under my rock now.

Attachments

• HIde_Under_a_Rock.jpg
    HIde_Under_a_Rock.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 180
usa320 has claimed on a number of occasions to have not read many of the post on this board - good for him. I suggest we pay him the same due diligence and stop reading his garbage!

ALL OR NONE

USA320Pilot said:
DellDude:

I hope each MDA pilot has a lot of money for legal fees because this could get very ugly quickly. I believe US Airways, Republic, and ALPA probably have deeper pockets than the 270 MDA pilots and can sustain the financial pressure of hundreds of thousands of dollars in legal fees. Can the MDA pilots?

What do you expect US Airways, Republic, and ALPA to do? Idly sit by while their being sued? Would you sit by if somebody sued you?

Do I like this? No, of course not, but I believe the parties listed in the sentence above will fight this lawsuit and file a counter lawsuit. Meanwhile, there will be one group of professionals who will be winners -- the lawyers.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="311322"][/post]​

:lol: :lol: :lol: Uh, what?

What on earth could the company sue individual pilots for? Suing them?

Obviously USA320Pilot is fearful of his co-workers standing up for themselves. What's the agenda?

Not only is he a pilot, airline analyst, soothsayer, but now he is a lawyer too.

700UW said:
Not only is he a pilot, airline analyst, soothsayer, but now he is a lawyer too.
[post="311343"][/post]​
And a pretty bad one at that......320....your losing it with this one!!!geez..get a grip, dude!! :down:

Let me re-state this, I strongly believe there will be multiple counter lawsuits filed against the 270 MDA pilots who started the litigation. Nobody should be surprised at this action because the defendants in the MDA suit are simply protecting them self and reacting to the MDA pilot suit.

The MDA pilots are suing ALPA, which has a legal right to respond, just like US Airways and Republic.

The only thing I know for sure is that this is going to get ugly, it will be a drawn out protracted legal battle, and the lawyers are going to be big time winners.

Every American has the right to file a lawsuit and the defendant has the right to fight the action and to file a counter lawsuit, which is almost assuredly going to happen in the not-to-distant future.

Also noteworthy, any good attorney would have likely warned their client of the likelihood of a counter suit by a union or a $10 billion company before the plantiff filed their suit...right?

Do I like this? No, of course not, but it is what it is. If the MDA pilots want to be involved in very, very expensive litigation than ALPA and the other defendants will likely be compelled to do so too.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

P.S. I believe you will be surprised at what happens next in this story.

USA320Pilot said:
Let me re-state this, I strongly believe there will be multiple counter lawsuits filed against the 270 MDA pilots who started the litigation. Nobody should be surprised at this action because the defendants in the MDA suit are simply protecting them self and reacting to the MDA pilot suit.

The MDA pilots are suing ALPA, which has a legal right to respond, just like US Airways and Republic.

The only thing I know for sure is that this is going to get ugly, it will be a drawn out protracted legal battle, and the lawyers are going to be big time winners.

Every American has the right to file a lawsuit and the defendant has the right to fight the action and to file a counter lawsuit, which is almost assuredly going to happen in the not-to-distant future.

Also noteworthy, any good attorney would have likely warned their client of the likelihood of a counter suit by a union or a $10 billion company before the plantiff filed their suit...right?

Do I like this? No, of course not, but it is what it is. If the MDA pilots want to be involved in very, very expensive litigation than ALPA and the other defendants will likely be compelled to do so too.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="311347"][/post]​
320...C'mon....what purpose would be served for counter lawsuits against a group of pilots?? I see what you are saying as far as a countersuit question, but, I really feel you are reaching on this one....

It'd be interesting to know how many counter-suits have been filed against the individuals in that RJ coalition or the group of mostly retired US pilots that both sued ALPA......

Jim

Four posts and still no word on what the pilots could be sued for. You have to do something wrong to be sued. McDonalds can't sue the scalded lady with the coffee cup for coming to thier restaurant.

Most frustrating to management is that the MAA crews continue to be painfully professional. There have not been any slowdowns or anything that would remotely affect the customer. The operation has run smoothly and the division still continues to recieve disproportionate compliment letters for the crews. Management would love for there to be a sickout or slowdown of some sort to place blame on the employees.

They'll just continue to be the shining star of the airline while they take the company to court for what they deserve. Only at this company do people who WANT to work there have to sue the company for thier rightful pay and even more bizarrely, admission that they work there.

B) Three way past Twenty....Still no mention on what gounds a countersuit would be filed....Boy, what a PR move for the NEW U...'Poverty wage employees sued by Billion Dollar Company!'.............'THE THOUGHT OF THE DAY IS THINK!'
USA320Pilot said:

Regards,

USA320Pilot

P.S. I believe you will be surprised at what happens next in this story.
[post="311347"][/post]​

I'm not going to get into a legal discussion in a public forum, which would not be smart. Let me say this. It's my understanding that the 270 MDA pilots who filed the lawsuit could have a counter suit filed against them by organizations (plural) that have very "deep pockets."

Do I like this? No, of course not, but do not "shoot the messenger." It is what it is and there is nothing that I (or the MDA pilots for that matter) can do about it.

I believe any good lawyer would have warned their client about this potential before filing a lawsuit, right?

Regards,

USA320Pilot

The airlines could technically file a counterclaim against the plaintiffs, but I have no idea what for. You can't counterclaim just because you're getting sued and are pissed at the plaintiffs. You must have a claim, and that claim must be supported by law and fact. I cannot imagine what that could be as to 270 MDA pilots. Now, what will happen is that the defendants will file a motion to dismiss under several different rules of civil procedure. Along with that motion to dismiss will be a request for attorney's fees. Big deal. Everyone always puts that request into lawsuits so MDA pilots have nothing to fear.

I'd be interested to read the complaint. Attorneys just don't take on cases and file complaints unless the claim is colorable, meaning supported by law and fact. Otherwise, the court could and would sanction the filing attorney(s). Long before a complaint is even filed, a plaintiff must first find an attorney willing to take the case. For the prospective attorney, the decision to take a case involves several considerations, namely potential for a pucuniary recovery. That in turn is directly related to the strength of the claim to begin with.

One more thing to emphasize: our legal system exists for the sole purpose of what the MDA pilots are doing. No court in any state would screw any plaintiff for filing a lawsuit with a reasonable claim; it would be counterproductive. The whole idea is to get the parties in court, before lady justice, to reach a decision on the claim in a civilized manner. The legal institution is one of the reasons we are a first world country and not a bananna republic. Hang in there guys.

Post an address for donations. I believe in what you are doing and want to help.

Light Years said:
Four posts and still no word on what the pilots could be sued for. You have to do something wrong to be sued. McDonalds can't sue the scalded lady with the coffee cup for coming to thier restaurant.
[post="311353"][/post]​

There has been no answer, because true colors will show thru. The honest answer:

The GAG group at AAA ALPA are more than willing to side with management in order to both toss the MDA guys under the bus (done already) and defend against this lawsuit. They (meaning ALPA national and the AAA GAG) know the only way to do this is to launch a countersuit against the MDA folks and try to bleed them to death with legal fees.

ALPA national, AAA ALPA, and the GAG know quite well that the MDA lawsuit actually has grounds. Thus, the only way to stop it is to "lawyer" the smaller pocketed group to death.

This "I don't like it" crap is a crock. What he wants to say is what was said above, but then whatever shred of objectivity and neutrality on this or any other issue which involves the GAG and tossing the junior folk out with the bathwater goes out the window and thus "I don't like it" won't be a useable defense anymore.

Fortunately, even the RJDC fought ALPA (thus far) to discovery. And that's where the fun begins. I highly doubt that ALPA national will sue any of it's members (collectively or individually) in this matter--it opens the door for all kinds of DFR issues in this and other cases, and pretty much eliminates ever getting the likes of APA or SWAPA in the door. It might also drive more regional operators towards the IBT--ALPA does not have the chance, and ALPA national has nothing to gain by allowing a group 2 airline MEC to do the same.

Let me bold this so perhaps it garners an answer (above and beyond "I can't tell you, since it'll give away the big bad legal strategy of ALPA): Exactly what ground would ALPA, US, or Republic use to file a countersuit against the MDA pilots?

(hint: there is none, and such a suit would be summarily dismissed)

Latest posts

Back