Pit Heavy Is Doomed

PITMTC,

You also have smaller a/c, more people and the 757s and A330s are corrision pigs.

For example how can five 3rd shift mechanics on a Saturday night expect to overhaul three planes?

Both bases do great work, but I know for a fact the 757s have numerous corrision issues which add time to the check, same goes for the A330.

700UW said:
PITMTC,

You also have smaller a/c, more people and the 757s and A330s are corrision pigs.

For example how can five 3rd shift mechanics on a Saturday night expect to overhaul three planes?

Both bases do great work, but I know for a fact the 757s have numerous corrision issues which add time to the check, same goes for the A330.
[post="203449"][/post]​

Your right.
I did mention that I did not want to get into it one vs the other. Anyone could find many justifcations and obstacles to fail for any issue. That was not the point of my post.

PITMTC said:
Your right.
I did mention that I did not want to get into it one vs the other. Anyone could find many justifcations and obstacles to fail for any issue. That was not the point of my post.
[post="203492"][/post]​

OK I'll bite what was the point of your previous post? To me it sounded like you said " I do not want to get into a pissing match over who is better, but PIT puts out aircraft consistantly on time vs CLT" and you were talking about closing down good stations is part of USAirways history. Seems to me you were making a case Pit was better then CLT so they should shut CLT down but because Pit is better then history is repeating itself.

firstamendment said:
It's less doom and gloom and more letting people know that the yellow break road appears to be heading to CLT....hint...all training is there with a MODERN facility...expansion of E terminal...two MODERN hangers in place...expanding runways, lower cost, a mayor (although not my fav) who wants to keep a hub in CLT despite the current drama, much nicer weather, and more centerally located on the east coast.

[post="202819"][/post]​

Uh... you forgot to also mention that all the pushovers are in CLT.

aerosmith said:
Like I said just a rumor. Hoping someone could back it up.
[post="203866"][/post]​

Ok.. I will bite..

How is US Airways going to bid jobs at the HMV maintenance facility? MAE is not owned by US Airways..

Sure US Airways can rent hangar space and bid the jobs with US Airways mechanics but what do you think the chances of that happening are? I say Zilch but you never know.

On top of that since US Airways is so hell bent of farming the work out why would they bid jobs? Makes no sense.

90% on this board is fact, opinion, and ideas... The 10% most ignore because its reality!

700UW said:
Glad to see you still can't add any value to the topic at hand.
[post="203040"][/post]​
Maybe not, 700... but I told you.... I would be watching!!!! I am not employed at that fiasco anymore, but... I'm still concerned about the many friends I made over these last 17 years. Thats why I am here! don't woryy, you obviously have a friend in moderater, Todd :down:

One thing is for sure..... You have not changed a bit!!!!.......Neither have I!!!!!!!

700UW said:
Not in the mechanic and related group!
[post="203660"][/post]​
WOW!!! That was an impressive pic!! A bunch of guys in red shirts!!! Yes sir!!... Now that is solidarity!! LOL!!!!! You kill me 700! You accuse me of not adding anything to the topic, but you post stupid things like that!! Hey, a bunch of guys in red shirts.....we guys in CLT are going to show them!!!!

Latest posts