Poor East

AAA#6

May 12, 2007
Hey East Pilots,
You win! You're right! You're absolutely right!
Yep! That's how it is! You got it! You nailed it!

If it makes you feel better to convince yourselves that your bought us. That Lakefield is the man, that Bronner is the man, that Siegel is the man (ha!). That you all gave so much, you all lost so much. That AWA was gonna go CH11. That you had a Plan B white knight that was gonna save you. That you are better than UA or AA. That you are not arrogant. That you are better than the West folks. That 19 widebodies consitutes a major international player. That's awesome! You guys rock!
Watch out world, cause East KNOWS ALL!

Who cares, really. If you all have to convince yourselves of a different story than the Financial Times, WSJ, USA Today, Star Ledger, go ahead. If you lie to yourself long enough, sooner or later you will believe it as the truth.

AWA Pilot

Hey East Pilots, If you lie to yourself long enough, sooner or later you will believe it as the truth.

AWA Pilot

Brilliant post sir,scintillating prose as well as the clear product of a deeply philosophical mind and spirit.

Ummm..your solution to even a small part of this mess is....?

I think I know where this one is headed.

Sigh..yup...my first pick would be aerial combat..but swords or pistols also work for me :lol:

Seriously?=This is an enourmous mess, and we aren't going to resolve any of this just by taking shots at each other on these boards. Those yet basking in the glow of the "Award" out west might wish to rethink the potential outcomes for us all. As it is?=The east ain't none too friendly towards the idea of working with people with a fraction of their flight time for starters...much less obliterating any chances for advancement through east attrition for those of ours, "now" stapled below people that were literally in diapers, when many "easties" were starting military and/or commercial flying careers.

starwars.gif
apache.gif
Here we go again! :lol:

Sigh..yup...my first pick would be aerial combat..but swords or pistols also work for me :lol:

Seriously?=This is an enourmous mess, and we aren't going to resolve any of this just by taking shots at each other on these boards. Those yet basking in the glow of the "Award" out west might wish to rethink the potential outcomes for us all. As it is?=The east ain't none too friendly towards the idea of working with people with a fraction of their flight time for starters...much less obliterating any chances for advancement through east attrition for those of ours, "now" stapled below people that were literally in diapers, when many "easties" were starting military and/or commercial flying careers.
I think there will be a close eye kept on reports of public and private harassment and it will be dealt with swiftly. One or two (or more) folks facing unpaid time on the beach for 6 months or so and people will change their mind about how they treat their fellow employee.

The bragadaccio flows like water on the internet, but it's another matter all together when you need to get a job at the Ford dealer just to pay the health insurance premiums, because you just had get in someones face who was sick of hearing it.

:lol: We truly do have enough good people on both "sides" to make this work...We needs must find some common ground.

"We must all hang together, or/etc"
Well said! :up: As it is I don't have a dog in the fight under the ALPA end but as a MX IAM member of this airline what the flight crews do, does cause me grief, because when they are mad I have to work harder so they can make a point. :( Sucks to be us LOL! Just to let you know I have talked to a lot of west crews and they are not jumping up and down over this as it is has been said on the BB, Most wish that both sides would have worked this out. As they say time heals all wounds. I hope we all can find some common ground and start to hang together as you said but IMPO it will start with common sense. Have a nice night my east side airline brothers! :up:

I think there will be a close eye kept on reports of public and private harassment and it will be dealt with swiftly. One or two (or more) folks facing unpaid time on the beach for 6 months or so and people will change their mind about how they treat their fellow employee.

The bragadaccio flows like water on the internet, but it's another matter all together when you need to get a job at the Ford dealer just to pay the health insurance premiums, because you just had get in someones face who was sick of hearing it.

Ummm...I'm hardly threatening anything/anyone myself..unless your'e "up" for aerial combat :lol: and I do not need any continuance at this job to live/eat/enjoy life. How is it that YOU think to threaten anyone with "the principal's office" or like-minded BS? :lol: I'm now having no choice but to assign you the "hallway monitor"/total wimp/geek image in my current estimation. I truly do hope that your fellows are without such ridiculous fears, as you so clearly readilly embrace and forward such...Sheesh!! .. PS Luvin...Grow Up :lol:

I hope we all can find some common ground and start to hang together as you said but IMPO it will start with common sense. Have a nice night my east side airline brothers! :up:

Indeed Sir. A pleasure exchanging posts tonight Bro. Perhaps this will eventually work out :lol:

I started this thread with a scathing post about East.
This is all the talk out West from what we see. The reason I wrote it was from the perspective of my father.

Anytime I would get in a heated debate he would shut it down by saying, " You're right ". Giving me this soft win that is meant to shut me up.

I wrote it not to insult AAA (and if I did, I apologize) but to show what we do on these boards. It is all moot what AAA and AWA were doing prior to the merger, who we were, or what we made, or what we had. Both sides are spouting crap, and it's has no value. We need to stop living in the past. It's done. It's over. Time to move on.

I am for a good debate, but keep the facts reasonable. Please no crystal ball prediciting. No woulda, coulda, shoulda, or most likelys. None of us really knows what these execs have up their sleeves at the 13th hour.

All I can say for East is do what you have to do. Decertify ALPA. Burn the house. Who am I to tell you what to do? All I know is the AWA pilots didn't create the mess and don't deserve any blame, anger, or hatred for the Nicolau result (unless of course you think we should have capitualted in the beginning (no sane person does that)).

Remember: We are all pawns (or pions) in this. We all woke up to the news and none of us got a call asking us if we wanted this mess.

Latest posts