Who is Tired of the east constant negativity

I don't understand the reason behind this post. We all know that management surfs these boards so why do this? What is to be accomplished by seeing who can P!SS further on here? The east have plenty of reason to b!tch and be p!ssed off just as the west has the right to not understand our reasons why. We ALL have gone through crap and have dealt with a lot over the years. Now we should at least focus on not being screwed with this contract negotiating BS. It's taking forever and we all need to let this company know that it won't last. This bashing of one another back and fourth is so pointless. Entertainment? Maybe but what is the purpose? People have questions and people want answers but what is the longing need and desire? Dividide the groups....just KEEEEEEP DIVIDING THE GROUPS. Management reading this with their feet propped up on the desk thinking, "Mission accomplished". Unreal.

Still waiting for the Pollyanna pilots from Stepford City (aka PHX) to define negativity? Maybe Buffalo Joe is right and English is your second language as you seem to not have the ability to answer a single question put forth by me.

Well, one way to define negativity would be using hyperbole like you and talking about the Nuremburg trials and saying Stepford city and pollyanna.

Another is constant, non ending criticism of every little thing that happens, usually before the whole story comes out. Or you, endlessy pontificating about how important you are as a frequent flier and how much you love US but love the other airlines better, etc.

Negativity is everywhere, some justified, some purely irrational, and some of it cancerous. If you can't see it, then you need some help.

And, Bob, sending nasty PM's is not a good way to communicate, you lost any relevance with me, now I just see you as a joke.

First off... I don't care if I have or haven't earned SH*T in the eyes from any AWA employees...

Period...

Second... You said it yourself "Grass is not greener somewhere else"...meaning, you knew then you worked for a SH*T airline.

Third... Looking at your Name tells me you are a pilot... That alone tells me you are an arogant SOB. That aside... once the fence is lifted...you my friend will be heading to LGA.. for some nice east coast flying... you see your junior ass won't be able to hold a position in PHX... Pity

Fourth... Like it was said before... If your airline was such a great thing... Why oh Why did we keep the USAirways name.....Hmm....

Fifth... Your trivial line of bull is boring me...

You are - the weakest link...
Good Bye...

Just my opinion...

Hey....I like this guy... :lol:

USAir a legacy carrier??? YGTBSM. The only legacy carriers are the original 5 Trunk airlines that existed from days gone by:American,United,Delta,Eastern and TWA (may they rest in peace) USair and ALL their predecessor companies,from Lake Central all the way through to AWA, were never, ever, in their wildest, drug-clouded imaginations, a legacy carrier, But if you had to get from Ithica to Pittsburgh via Elmira in a hurry,they were the boys that could do it!! Yessiree.... <_< But a legacy carrier? Not even close.....

[
From Money Magazine

Our country has six legacy carriers whose roots and cost structures trace back to the grand old days of airline travel: Delta Air Lines, US Airways, Northwest Airlines , Continental Airlines and the parents of United and American airlines, UAL Corp. and AMR Corp. :D

You know what I'm sick of??? Every couple weeks a "westie" starts a thread purely to bash the "easties".Look back over the last few pages of this board and you will see..Show me one where an "eastie" started a thread with the title of who is sick of the wests delusional attitude...This thread was started just to rile us up and so the west could point and say "see I told you so, all they know how to do is b###ch"...so are you happy now? you got everyone on the east coast all riled up and defensive....What else have you accomplished except creating a deeper divide between the east and the west....

I think you would see a lot less b###ching if the west could just concede maybe a few things werent thought out real well before implementation...ie shares migration...320 reconfiguration.....

As far as the comment that is blaming the east coast for the downfall of the airline??? even you cant really believe that...was it our decision to switch to shares and the countless other poor decisions from management...I think you give us way too much credit..If this airline doesnt survive(GOD FORBID) it can be traced dirctly back to poor management

Hey I'm adult enough to admit when I'm wrong. I've no problem with that gauntlet.

Going forward I'm going to desparately try to stay out of that aspect and focus on the issues effecting customers and employees east or west PERIOD.

You are so full of it ... you can say you will try desparately all you want and try to kid us into believing you but you know as well as everyone else that you would trample two year olds to reach your laptop to bicker and post about yourself on here.

As the ramp agts in CLT told Dougie . They have never seen the company run so badly in all their time with the company. The decisions coming from Tempe have been poor at best. The new service initiatives are nice but they are just playing catchup to where er should have been anyway . If they hadn't downgraded our service to begin with , we would have to major changes now. Does anyone really think that the ac reconfigurations were a good idea ? Go onboard an A330 to Europe and sit in the BOEING seats in the rear of the ac for 8 hours. Can anyone from Tempe tell us that was a good thing? Why don't they sit there for a trans atlantic flight and tell us again how comfortable it was ,like the ac used to be.

As the ramp agts in CLT told Dougie . They have never seen the company run so badly in all their time with the company. The decisions coming from Tempe have been poor at best. The new service initiatives are nice but they are just playing catchup to where er should have been anyway . If they hadn't downgraded our service to begin with , we would have to major changes now. Does anyone really think that the ac reconfigurations were a good idea ? Go onboard an A330 to Europe and sit in the BOEING seats in the rear of the ac for 8 hours. Can anyone from Tempe tell us that was a good thing? Why don't they sit there for a trans atlantic flight and tell us again how comfortable it was ,like the ac used to be.

Now Crusher... :lol:

When Tempe actually makes a decision that is positive to the customer ( I gave up on the employee friendly myth), I will be positive.

When I actually SEE the new service initiatives instead of a press release, I will be positive.

When Tempe decides to value East AND West by settling contracts, I will be positive.

When Tempe makes WELL THOUGHT OUT decisions without having do REDO their screw ups THREE times over, I will be positive.

This is not an East/West thing. This is about an incompetent management team that makes the OLD US Airways look like Singapore Airlines. <_<

Let's keep this one on topic, and stop the personal digs.

The next post that is aimed at another poster gets the author time in the cornfield.

This will be the only notice.

First off I commend Delldude on his bashing statement. I take it that the person that started this tread is an arogant pathetic whimpy man who would gladly bend over for the management if they were to ask for more money. I think everyone has summed it up that this person has not been in any of our shoes, and therefore does NOT have the right to tell us what we can and can't do.

P.S. Someone please display some stats on salary/pention/benifits for pre-bankruptcy compared to post-bankruptcy

If I am banned for bashing a poster(topic starter), then I feel it was well worth it. Moderators: Please understand all of the anger that has been built up inside us and it annoys me to death when people just don't understand.

When someone from the west side of the operation says that "we have been making that wage for years" or "it's been that way here forever" or the worst yet "welcome to OUR world" doesn't cut it. That doesn't take away the fact that our contracts were torn to shreds with a gun to our heads by management and the judge just sitting there waiting to drop your contract into the shredder if you voted the concessions down. We did what we did in dire times to stay afloat. So here we were with lower wages and horrible work rules pimped out like a hooker looking for a trick. We found another airline with lower wages and horrible work rules on respirator. The money men aka (pimp) sealed the deal and here we are today. The merger was like a breath of fresh air and we were all pretty much ready for "business casual" not knowing that Doug and company would turn this joint company into the laughiing stock of the industry. LCC#1 said it best, "They are making the OLD USAirways look like Singapore Airlines". Yes the old usairways is dead but the employees that ran that (non legacy, rustbucket or whatever some call it) east coast airline will be here by the THOUSANDS and will NOT deal with what some are telling us to put up with simply because the west folks DEALT with it. If we are negative and ya don't like it it's ONLY gonna get louder. Tempe is reallizing that they are NOT going to be able to get away with what they did with America West. It's a different ballgame AAAAAALL TOGETHER! ! ! !

I'm going to make what may seem a contradiction here but I think the REAL problems within US Airways opperationally aren't those at the top levels of management or those in unions. I think it's the ones above the rank & file but below managing director that really are the one who need the attitude adjustment. That's where you hear the real horror stories. If I'm right no ammount of "Town Halls" or Boston Market Catering on holidays is going to help. DP IMO is trying to win the wrong hearts & minds.
Hey! We Agree! We're 2 for 5000, but closing the gap! I think a viable blue chip replacement for Jeff McClelland would send a message that US is serious about getting it's act together. However, he will have to rule with a pretty strong hand and may be tasked with forming the core values of the merged carrier (something Parker should really have done). He'll have to have an extremely tough hide, but come to the job with the "street cred" (That's what you Philly folks call credentials, right?) to force people after the smoke clears, to admit that he was right.

I'll leave my cell phone turned on all night. :D

There's this:
And then there's this:
Maybe it's me, but the two fragments in boldface contradict each other. I'm pretty sure that those people who have been here longer have produced far more than those that have been here a much shorter time.

So, which is it? Are they entitled to more because they produced more, or has all of their past contribution merely evaporated into the ether?
The latter, unfortunately. Prior to bankruptcy employees can leverage their past years of loyalty and sacrifice. After bankruptcy, that, like the value of the stock, vanishes. That's why it is so critical to adapt to the realities of the new market, no matter how painful. AMR is the example of folks who did this (The TWA screwing notwithstanding).

Travelpro-
Do you see the connection between the "It's only gonna get worse" rhetoric and the reluctance of investors to sink real money into US? The attitude is quite transparent to the traveling public and will very likely lead to more pain, not less. By unifying behind a can-do attitude (in spite of management gaffes) and leaving the emotional baggage and expectations of the past behind, US is more likely to thrive (financially,operationally, etc.) and be in a position to need to keep the momentum going and offer reasonable wage increases. In other words, it ain't perfect, but suck it up, accept what the new US is and isn't and make US an airline that people admire because of their people.

Kool Aid you say? Nah, essential water.

it'd be awesome if DP said screw the east, let's concentrate on the west. Let's expand to china.. fly out of Phoenix.

Close Phl hub.. no need for that trash port anyway. Let's hub Seattle and scrap all east employees, who needs them.

Hell, while we are at it, let's move all to CRJ's and save ton of money.. sure we can't get more butts on the plane, but at least the value would be maximized each flight to the best possible.

Screw A319, A320, A321 and all the big jets. Let's sell those to SWA.

And let's throw a big koolaid drinking party at CHQ.

it'd be awesome if DP said screw the east, let's concentrate on the west. Let's expand to china.. fly out of Phoenix.

Close Phl hub.. no need for that trash port anyway. Let's hub Seattle and scrap all east employees, who needs them.

Hell, while we are at it, let's move all to CRJ's and save ton of money.. sure we can't get more butts on the plane, but at least the value would be maximized each flight to the best possible.

Screw A319, A320, A321 and all the big jets. Let's sell those to SWA.

And let's throw a big koolaid drinking party at CHQ.

Fly, did you fall and hit your head today??? You certainly are in rare form today! :rolleyes: