Who is Tired of the east constant negativity

blue pacific - your right - looking back at my answer - the biggest mistake tempe made was merging. Everyone would have been better off letting US going into Chapter 7. AWA would have been better off w/o US.

blue pacific - your right - looking back at my answer - the biggest mistake tempe made was merging. Everyone would have been better off letting US going into Chapter 7. AWA would have been better off w/o US.

Why would think US would go into ch 7? What gave you that thought?

FYI, US was not even close to Ch 7. Per the CFO, they were not even close. The root beer folks were very close, US, not so. It became a merger where the "hot" mama had to go to bed with a 2 inch dick papa (yeah, that is you, A&W).

It had nothing to do with "survival" other than to provide a drunk with corporate funds to defend himself.

Well, welcome to fresh hell, and you thought Tempe was hot, just wait.

well too bad.. the merger is done.. and if dont like it.. leave.. take your AWA 13.95 max pay per hour job and go eleswhere.. the airline with over 60 years of experience is now in town.. oh btw if the two companies had not merged.. the customer service agents of AmericaWorst would not be getting the pay raises you going to get if you had not merged with US. because of US you are getting raises customer service and rez agents.. because of US your quality of life will improve.... we just dont fly PHOENIX to LAS VEGAS anymore.. you now work for a LARGE company with more opportunities for advancementand relocation if you want to and an opportunity to be the best around.. dont let the other companies and the media drag you down.. this site will drag anyone down.. but its a place to vent..

I'll add something positive. They changed the standby list where you can see more than 2 names on a page so its easy to read! :up: :up: Finally something moving in the right direction.

And if some of you Westies havent viewed the INT/CLT meetings of CS and RES, please do so and then get back to us in these departments on just exactly what we should be feeling and saying in response to managements acknowledgement that the system isnt ready for prime time YET and they let us down in staffing and training for the new system. Then you'll understand why many of us are very frustrated about not being able to do our job with what they're giving us to work with. They acknowledge that things were different in the West and thats why you dont hear the "Westies" complaining about the new system.

Even through 2 BK's and bad times in the past USAirways STILL was a great Airline fallen on hard financial times with employees that had the compassion to keep their Airline alive!

U was never a "great" airline. Look at Pan Am, TWA etc. When we tried to go national we had our head handed to us. The "hard financial times" were also experienced by everyone else. In all honesty we were lucky to have someone come along and take things over before we did go chapter 7. Imagine if Lorenzo or Ichan were still around. CAL, I think was the only other who went BK more than once.(correct me if I'm wrong). To bag on West people who are just like us is short sighted and does a disservice to this "great airline". A little less hyperbole and a bit more of "what can I do to make things better for the customer" may be all that is under our control right now.
Look at CAL, look how far they have come. It's easy to blame and there is enough blame to go around. I am not an apologist for management, but I've seen siamilar?(Sabre change over just before Thanksgiving).
At least in PHL, complaining is a sport - "How are you today? reply:"You would not believe what(fill in misfortune) they want me to do!" "No I can top that!"etc. Good morning to you to...Everyday!

I didn't read this entire thread but addressing the subject topic only I can explain why the negativity from the east:

This, including myself by the way, translates into thousands of employees who were dumped on while the people doing the dumping were rewarded mightily with enough cash for a normal man to retire and live out his life in comfort. But the employees, the dumptess were left with the stress of worrying about how to feed and clothe their families and where to turn to next, what the future held besides doom and gloom. These people are and were shell shocked and to come on here and belittle them for that reality is moronic.

Why would think US would go into ch 7? What gave you that thought?

FYI, US was not even close to Ch 7. Per the CFO, they were not even close. The root beer folks were very close, US, not so. It became a merger where the "hot" mama had to go to bed with a 2 inch dick papa (yeah, that is you, A&W).

It had nothing to do with "survival" other than to provide a drunk with corporate funds to defend himself.

ADVANCED.. too funny.. and you are so right.. AWA was going to falter but you cant tell lower the low in pay and working conditions.. cusotmer service 13.95 max .. max age 25 leaving and a quitting leaving and a quitting.. HE needed a merger to survive and save face. during the last BK. they were throwing into our CWA union faces how much AWA makes.. that was during the one year in BK.. we never understood why they kept comparing US to AWA in pay.. CWA said NO... well guess what the whole time they US had already planned to merge with AWA.. and during that time they offered an incentive .. a pitiful one for the senior people to leave never telling them about the prospect of merger and a promise of maybe things MIGHT get better. i am one of those senior people and chose to stay. even they come up with another buyout package.. yes i will leave with no looking back as well as others.. but that is what they want.. 8.75 agents and 9.25 superviors.. laughing stocks..

On this I can assure you that you so full of feces that you have brown eyes. In 1964 Bethlehem Steel announced plans to scrap their Continous Caster Technology and announced the plans for construction of a new Corporate Headquarters. 83% of all steel is now done via the process developed by Bethlehem Steel. Clearly that decision was NOT a union decision. This was the beginning of end of the entire US Steel industry. The more or less "Official" beginning of the end of Big Steel came when a Japanese Company won the bid to provide the big structural shapes for of all buildings, The World Trade Center. In the late 80's in an attempt to preserve steel production in Bethlehem, the company spent 200 million to install a continous caster purshased from a company in West Germany. The very technology they developed only to scarp in favor of a new corporate HQ. See all of that was NOT caused by the USWA. To learn more and gain an actual knowledge of what you post Click here

The rest of it is a strawman argument as the decline of the shoe and garment industry was the result of the beginnings of globalization. You'll note that the more forward thinking companies like Vanity Fair still manufacture the bulk of their product HERE, Much of it in the Lehigh Valley and Berks County, PA
One of the things you fail to grasp is the ability of the Sr workers "back east" is their ability to adapt and overcome obstacles placed in their way. It's one of the reasons both airlines still exist. Would have them sit idly by while the res migration continues with 160+ items on the punch list that need to be addressed? Neverminding that we are nearly 60 days out from when the switch was flipped. Are they supposed to be as complacent as their managers apparently are over the DOT stats and the myriad host of only problems? Or are they expected to adopt that "Stepford" stare that you see on the HP side? Like I said I'd rather have some semi-snooty east G/A banging on keys and getting me where I want/need to go then the patented Stepford stare I get many times in PHX. I can most times have more intelligent exchanges with my cat and he's been dead for 10 years. :angry:
What cash burn? Cash on hand at the beginning of the merger was what? 2.6 Billion and now is around 3.3 Billion, what cash got burned besides Mr Parker's legal fees??

First off PAR did what any prudent fund manager would do and that's cash out with a tidy profit when things start to look bad. Now ask yourself was it Management or Labor that made the decisions that put any company where it is today? Management makes the decisions that lead to investor confidence, NOT organized Labor. Not NOW, NOT EVER! Bethlehem Steel Management signed everyone of those Union Contacts agreeing to such clauses as 2B in the 1959 USWA master contract. Funny thing is I liken the current US Management team to the extreme arrogance of Bethlehem Steel as they were sinking like an anchor. Res Migration failure, Web site debacle, FF perks declining, Poor customer service as defined by the DOT, FFOCUS & the national media all come to mind as shinning examples of the actions of management and based on this post you want the customers and employees to just bend over and say "Thank You May I have another please"? Sorry not this blue eyed fat arsed old wreck.

You see my friend I lived through the collapse of those industries before I moved to the beach. Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton & Reading were my terrtory when I sold for Xerox. You read about it! I lived it. I saw the three pages of Home auctions and personal BK filings in the Saturday Morning Call for 5 years. I watched the 350 families sell their homes and move south to keep their jobs with Mack Trucks. It's a big part of my activism.
And if the management team doesn't turn this around there will be a few hundred more.

Oh I'm not so sure about that Pollyanna, some of it rings pretty true to me.
AWESOME post .. :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: