Prater Road Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jack Stephan is not BF he is BJ in the Park in Fra. As I read this web site I see that we as Americans can not help but want to like our enemy's its just who we are. I think that Captain Prather is slick not much to look at but you know that he shakes with his right hand when I think in essence he should shake with his Left........Get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Lets just ROLL you guys I will be there in my Grim Reaper outfit. This time when Jack Stephan ignores me I will be delighted he is all TALK and no action just like his compadres .All I can say is WAKE UP People if not this time it will be NEVER
Ahh, yes, the old "I'll get myself pissed, drunk, and the go post" move.

Got for a laugh.

And its spelled P-R-A-T-E-R

Like I said before wopr21 you ain't got the numbers and you know it!! Now go ask Stephen like I said. You're wishful thinking...

We can agree that we don't have the numbers now, but we will if ALPA turns the list over. It takes time to get the numbers to decertify. Every day its gaining steam We do have the numbers to vote down (listen to me this time) vote down the joint contract, thus preventing you from getting my seat that you never had the opportunity for in the first place. Again you can't look a little into the future. Like where you will be on the nic list in 5 to 7 years. You only live in the now...must be the Phoenix heat.

wopr21

The Prater road show reopens again today. Any posters want to give a briefing?

The Prater road show reopens again today. Any posters want to give a briefing?
I am an F/A who finished my trip in PIT today. I counted 17 pilots there total including Prater and I think 3 HP guys so the turnout of US guys was about 13 and that was around 11:00.
There was much "lively" conversation and talk about decerting ALPA. No offense to anyone but the one AWA union guy who said he took time away from his own vacation to be there seemed very cocky to me but that's just my opinion. There was a total air of disgust in the room from our guys...and rightly so.

Lynard,

Lynard said: "Its not about a windfall, its about playing by the rules."

USA320Pilot comments: I agree, which is why the East pilots are outraged. George Nicolau provided an award that did not comply with ALPA Merger Policy.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

He sure did. He stole the top 517 positions from the west pilots. Allowed you to keep you job without a staple.
It is a major windfall for the east.

Prater said: The “No Wind Fallâ€￾ is a vehicle to make merging MEC’s agree on a single seniority list and is NOT necessarily ALPA policy once arbitration is required. In other words ALPA policy is only considered before arbitration, not during it.

Finally!!! The policy is set to guide MC's during negotiations. Once an impasse is reached and you got into arbitration, all bets are off. You put your faith in the hands of the arbitrator.

The east chose to do this on their own.

Finally, Prater has said something intelligent (or at least his lawyers finally told him to say it).

Yep no windfall. The arbitrator decided what was fair. If you don't like it boo hoo.

He sure did. He stole the top 517 positions from the west pilots. Allowed you to keep you job without a staple.

Like Doug said "The positions are hardening" fast. In my opinion they already are set in concrete so old not even dynamite can dislodge them. Repeating the same old story line accomplishes nothing and reafirms each sides position. Got anything new?

What I would really like to know is what was said in the road show today? Was there anything new? Or just more rhetoric?

Give it a rest songbird stew.

The AWA pilot that showed obviously looked around the room and saw a bunch of bitter old men, has-beens, and instinctively knew he was the sharpest pilot present.

Then an ignorant PIT based hillbilly stated, "Hey I gots me an idea, why dont we just throw the dern list out and gets us a new one?"

Prater laughed and said, "decertify if you think you can pull it off."

Balls in your court Easties. Make us proud!

Give it a rest songbird stew.

The AWA pilot that showed obviously looked around the room and saw a bunch of bitter old men, has-beens, and instinctively knew he was the sharpest pilot present.

Then an ignorant PIT based hillbilly stated, "Hey I gots me an idea, why dont we just throw the dern list out and gets us a new one?"

Prater laughed and said, "decertify if you think you can pull it off."

Balls in your court Easties. Make us proud!

She was just stating her opinion to my question. Were you there?

Throwing out insults never solves anything. But it does impress on me that one day you will be in my shoes and someone younger than you will be saying the same things. Sharpest at what? I might add.

The reason Prater is on a roadshow in the first place is he really thinks we can decertify ALPA. Have been getting bits and pieces of the conversation between Prater and the organizing leadership. So yes, he (Prater) thinks we can pull it off. At least for an election anyway.
Then ALPA can really get worried. Wonder what threats and promises will come our way then? The campaign is going to be a great show.

Glad to carry the "balls" since ALPA doesn't have any. Hope to make you proud.

Later Prater

She was just stating her opinion to my question. Were you there?

Throwing out insults never solves anything. But it does impress on me that one day you will be in my shoes and someone younger than you will be saying the same things. Sharpest at what? I might add.

The reason Prater is on a roadshow in the first place is he really thinks we can decertify ALPA. Have been getting bits and pieces of the conversation between Prater and the organizing leadership. So yes, he (Prater) thinks we can pull it off. At least for an election anyway.
Then ALPA can really get worried. Wonder what threats and promises will come our way then? The campaign is going to be a great show.

Glad to carry the "balls" since ALPA doesn't have any. Hope to make you proud.
Later Prater
I'm hearing you guys won't have enough for even an election.

But we'll see.

I can really understand why you guys keep f'ing yourselves with these guys leading the way.

Update for August 28, 2007

“Dear Johnâ€

John,

Never before has the President of this organization appointed a pilot from this property to a National Position without the courtesy of a “heads up†or referral. Never before has a President of this national union moved into our crew base without a courtesy call to the council officers.

You are coming with questions, not answers. You are presently presiding over an organization that does not recognize the value of seventeen years of dues paying loyalty vs. apprenticeship. You are presiding over an institution withholding support for parity for its membership on this property in order for them to eat a [expletive deleted] sandwich to take you off the hook for the Nicolau Award. You are allowing yourself to become part of the ALPA Establishment. On your present course, you will take nothing back!

This is needle-ball and airspeed type stuff, John, not rocket science. Your being in PHL will create tension, not relieve it. Our pilots have told you what to do and you don’t have the stomach for it.

The Rice Committee has terrific talent with all kinds of smarts, but no answers for our pilots, only questions too.

By the way, there is hardly a pilot on this property that does not know true hardship. I would never berate your experiences in labor but I’ve been fired before for union activities, and was hired by TI in the spring of ’78 only to be saved by Allegheny Airlines. Your credentials are meaning less and less to the Pilots of this Airline.

Council 41 is solidly on board with litigation to vacate the Nicolau Award. We are moving forward to negotiate a separate path for our pilots and from what I hear all hell is about to let loose in PHL. You can’t stop it. The price for peace will be parity. Get on board or get out of the way.

Eric Rowe

Greetings John,

It’s past time for all the talking to end and for our National Association to start acting like a Pilot’s Union again…….you know…. break the “Status Quoâ€! In fact, I believe it may be too late on this property.

John thanks for providing your resume for us again; we reviewed it thoroughly when we signed on as early supporters and active campaigners for you.

Here is mine: ACA, PIA, Skywest/Sunaire, FAL, PID, AAA. The Frontier story is a rather interesting one; I’m sure you had the chance to talk with a few of the old guys that ended up at CAL. I still have the Letter from Hank Duffy telling me how “Gut wrenching†it was to watch what happen to us at Frontier: Another ALPA National Success Story! Flying the Line Two is missing a few of those details.

As far as boycotting your meeting, so far you have failed to act in the best interest of the US Airways pilots and have been very clear that you have no intention of doing so. What did you not understand in Herndon on May 21st? Your travels to our crewrooms are right out of the Phil Comstock play book. It won’t work this time.

John, the solutions you seek are in the best interest of the association and its attorneys, but only in the short term, you will see.

The Rice Committee and Mike Abram are selling us a fix, which with our participation will affix the errant Nicolau Award on our pilots for ever. The List can’t be fixed and will eventually come back to haunt the Association. Did you not hear this from the 498 pilots at Herndon? Our Pilots have grown weary of ALPA’s Negotiated Fixes like Parity +1%, more Air busses than God can count, the No Furlough clause, J4J soft landings, RJ Scope relief, follow-on variable DC Plan, LOA 93 Stock and Profit Sharing, and our current Transition Agreement. None of them lasted or were enforced by our National Association.

Eric and I will not even consider fixing this list because in doing so we would be affirming it. While I can not speak for the rest of the MEC, we do have a Unanimous Resolution stating just that. Have we not been clear?

John, we know you are not afraid, but who ever is advising you is doing you a grave disservice. I’m wondering if they are setting you up to fail. Be carefulfrom whom you seek advice; so far you have struck out with our pilots.

Good luck,

Dave Ciabattoni

I can really understand why you guys keep f'ing yourselves with these guys leading the way.
Update for August 28, 2007

“Dear Johnâ€￾

John,

Never before has the President of this organization appointed a pilot from this property to a National Position without the courtesy of a “heads upâ€￾ or referral. Never before has a President of this national union moved into our crew base without a courtesy call to the council officers.

MOD NOTE: DO NOT quote entire posts in your responses ESPECIALLY when your response is immediately or shortly following the post you are quoting!!!!!!

Great letters guys!

I think your just saying that to add salt to the wound. Have you looked at the list as our attrition takes effect , I'm assuming not.

I challenge you and any other west pilot to tell the world where you would have been had AW not merged with anyone, and where you will be on the Nic list in ..lets say... 5 years.

Please enlighten us

wopr21

I'm hearing you guys won't have enough for even an election.

But we'll see.

It'll be easier to get elected than to get an election. After the furlough list is purged in Sept. the players will be set. A review of the cards will occur and then we'll see how many stand up to the expected challenges by ALPA. After that, you're right we'll have to see and play it out.

Still looking forward to the campaign. As I said before it's going to be a great show........

Later Prater

I think your just saying that to add salt to the wound. Have you looked at the list as our attrition takes effect , I'm assuming not.

I challenge you and any other west pilot to tell the world where you would have been had AW not merged with anyone, and where you will be on the Nic list in ..lets say... 5 years.

Please enlighten us

wopr21

Here we go again. The old AAA saved AWA attitude.

Where would you have been if the merger had not happened? Liquidated?

AWA who knows. I am sure we would have been merged with someone else as that is the goal of Parker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back