PROTEST APRIL 12TH !

freedom

Veteran
Feb 15, 2006
Protest April 12th
Join us out in front of us airways HQ
From 3 - 6 pm Where will be emphasizing our Displeasure with how we are being treated by our own company .

Bring your own signs , bigger is better !

Fleet is putting this together , but ANYONE is welcome , bring your signs , if your a pilot or FA, come and grind your war ax !Their is strength in numbers and we belive it is time for the company to start showing some respect to it's former WEST workers!!.

HQ is located on mill ave in Tempe across from the lake and the old rundown mill by the A mountain .More detailed directions will be posted .

Parking is available at the Tempe town lake, parking is near the north side of HQ by the railroad tracks slightly into the road curve . We are currently in the process of organzing a pinic afterwards , stay tuned for more updates

GET ON BOARD

When you say "fleet is putting this together" could you be more specific?
Do you mean your union?
Afa just held a similar demonstration on Media Day recently.

i wouldn't really say that this is union backed , they don't oppose it , but at the same time i wouldn't say there's much of a push on their end either .... This is more of a rising up of the former AMERICA WEST AIRLINES , ramp workers that i know , also with some mantaince folks as well ...
What we are protesting really has little to do with the people in the east ...You see , now that we are one merged company and both groups of ramp workers are in one union we SHOULD all be getting the same pay .... BUT the company is dragging it's feet to do so , and as of today march 27th 2007 we here in the west coast cities (formerly AWA ) are STILL getting paid america west rates for the us airways work we now perform ... the new us airways payscale is considerably higher that the wages we enjoy today . Many of us are pissed off at the company for not being fair and adjusting our payscale ... here is an example below of what i mean in a figuative manner

Say I have three children , two of them are my wife’s children from her first marriage , and let’s say that I have one redhead child of my very own . Now lets say it’s Christmas time , and I’m going to buy presents for my family .. I go out and buy my wife a nice diamond necklace , then I go and buy 2 four gigabyte black ipod’s for my two step children . I get nothing for my redheaded child .
Christmas morning comes and we all sit around the tree , I open my family’s gift to me , it reads , from your wife and three children , and inside is a HUGE BONUS CHECK! Awww thank you family! Then I give my wife her present , she smiles and puts it on , I tell her she looks lovely …
At this time my two stepchildren are greedily unwrapping their presents , YAY IPOD’S they shout out! Then they both put them on and start dancing oblivious to anything else that goes on that morning .
Finally my redheaded child comes up to me and with a sad look in his eyes asks me “daddy , where is my present ? “ Your gonna have to wait another year , daddy has some things he has to take care of right now …. Then I gather up my wife and two step children and go to the car , as we pull out of the driveway I yell to my redheaded non step child to watch the house , cause we’re going to Rome for 2 weeks! Horray!

That’s injustice ….

GET ON BOARD

Oh its also similar to those Flight Attendants on the West years 1-10. I know that my counterparts working on the East providing the same service to our passengers are getting anywhere from $5-9 per hour more than I am out on the West..now how fair is that? :down:

No, the Easties know the importance of the business customer, something you Westies will never understand

I beg your pardon? That could not be further from the truth, and you know it! :down:

If you approach the "Westies" with your demeaning attitude, maybe we can clearly see and understand how "unimportant" YOU are...jerk!

No, the Easties know the importance of the business customer, something you Westies will never understand

I read these boards often, and don't usually post, but I am calling BS on this last post. I travel both sides of the operation when commuting home and to see family on the east coast, and if anything, what I have witnessed shows just the opposite to be true with regard to the "EAST" vs "WEST" F/As.

Sorry to be the one to say, but the majority of my "EAST" experiences have left much to be desired, especially when watching the crew interact with paying passengers. Unless of course you believe that being condescending and downright rude really attracts and retains that "business customer".

Call the "West" Stepfords or Clones or whatever else floats your boat, but I have never seen 3 F/As on "West" just plop thier butts into the last 2 rows of seats and read magazines for the first hour and change of a flight before doing anything. Oh wait, maybe that was to ensure that 95% of us had fallen asleep before they had to walk thru once with a tray on a 5 hour flight. And before anyone mentions it as a reason, no, it was smooth as glass and no turbulence, seat belt sign was OFF.

Or perhaps the East F/C F/A on another flight that just stood there during boarding eating a burrito was the one looking out for "our business passengers" instead of hanging coats or taking drink orders? Right, complain about the lack of a closet, but on a plane when you actually have one, just ignore it and let passengers fend for themselves. That will win them over for sure.

I am sure the one F/A who made one quick pass of the snack basket on a transcon and took drink orders without opening his mouth (just stood at the aisle and stared at you) was equally hopeful that he was taking care of that "business customer".

Things are rotten right now, trust me I know it, and while we are all hoping things will get better, picking fights between East and West is not the way to go, especially when you post something that is totally off base.

I am not a Koolaid drinking "Westie", just look at my screen name and you can figure out that I did not begin my career here. My airline was decimated by bad management and my job stolen out from under me, so I was forced to start over. BOTH sides, "East" and "West" should be thankful that did not happen here, and take care of our passengers!!!! They are not the reason for any of our problems.

:up:

Thank you 905TW!

I know that on the West many of us treat our passengers very well...it amazes me how passengers say we can tell your from AWA side...you provided 3 beverage services in the 4hr flight..unlike the 1 service or lack of on the East.

We are ALL here to take care of the passenger...taking your frustrations against management on the passenger just will send them away or worse...cause us all to have no jobs.

Its time to step up to the plate and take care of the paying passengers. No management team will provide US pay incentives if you do nothing but complain about it when your not even doing the job you were hired to do.

Gee... we didn't have to wait long for the bashing to start on this thread either. C'mon people...get a clue already. The bashing of the Easties and Westies is only helping to expediate the destruction of this airline. Aim your frustrations where they need to be voiced...at the senior management of this company.

Again bashing each other is the WRONG WAY to go. No matter what our job functions are we should all be making the SAME PAY for what we do & that pay should be brought up to where we can all make a decent living & be proud again of what we do & thus serve our customers.

We don't need to be bashing each other (E&W) but instead we need to be bashing the Sandcastle for it's series of continued screwed up decisions. They are chasing the $49.00 flyer instead of the $600.00 flyer , dumping a crap computer system on us that does not allow us to do our jobs, fouled up the seating configs on our A/C,screwed up the website. Do we need more examples of their incompetence? Just the shear arrogance of the IT dept in even thinking that shares could even come close to the functionality of Sabre should be enough to get rid of them and the department heads that oversaw this. How dare they say things are improving. Come to the front line in the larger East cities BOS/LGA/DCA and tell us how things are better now 4 weeks later. They are liars and fools. What has it gotten us.........Ticked off pax who will never fly us again , Frustrated employees who are so bogged down in this garbage (Shares) that they can't do their job and not enough employees to do the job. That is the legecy of Tempe leadership. When will enough be enough? When we are in BK liquidation? Is that when they will open their eyes and see they should have done things differently?

I understand your frustration but I feel your protest will not do anything except make you feel better. I don't think corporate cares a whole lot. A protest won't phase them. Affecting their bottom line will. Money talks....

And how do you affect the bottom line ? who IS the bottom line , the public , and a public that see's a major airline in serious trouble in the news , day after day , week after week , will grow less likely to fly that airline .

For the right fare they will fly any airline. A lot of customers can handle crappy service if they know they are getting the price they want. Like I said, money talks.

yes it does , and while alot will fly , our money makers , in bussiness will simply book on another airline .

Latest posts