PROTEST APRIL 12TH !

the word is around in LAS for the 12th. On another note their are ghost riders? when did this start?

the word is around in LAS for the 12th. On another note their are ghost riders? when did this start?

Excelent! on spreading the word in LAS , also quick update , looks like the picnic is out, i hear it's been surplanted by happy hour at that one bar that was mentioned .I have to say horray for that , given the choice between eating a hot dog and downing a few beers , i'll take the beers , who knows maybe doug will even join us in a drinking contest lol

My dear child you are so naive - Quite frankly i do exactly what i am supposed to and not a thing more - until that brake is released I am not bending over backwards trust me. And furthermore until you start paying me more for every beverage service that i do, then i will do just one and take requests... If you are an idiot and let them think you do 3 for the price of 1 then they will make you do it, yes it is not fair to the passenger,, but being paid like a 3rd world country isnt fair either. I tell everyone, they pay me to open the door, not to be nice... Not until i can go to sleep at night and feel that i am being compensated at least average for the job. Plain and simple... Then i will be the best flight attendant they have, but i can also be well lets just say not so nice... Retirement gone.... Pay majorly cut.... work rules gone...... and you want me to skip through the plane all laaaa teeee daaaa and everything? Yeah right, get real!!!

Aww, boo hoo, the world needs to stop and genuflect to your needs! You chose to be a FA, and you don't like it, so we all must suffer while you provide crappy service because you don't make as much money as those folk that went and got a degree and worked in other fields that pay well.

Gosh, that gun that is at your forehead that is forcing into the job you hate and the salary you hate must be really intimidating!

Life is too freaking short to spend working somewhere you don't like. Go and find another job, go to school and get the training to find a great high paying job. The world is your oyster, but, you gotta take responsibility for your life. The only person that can make you happy is yourself.

So, go and don't do your job. Treat paying customers like crap because you are unhappy. Deprive others of quality service because you aren't happy. The customers make choices on who to fly, why can't you make a choice on where to work? Besides, you are in a union, you don't need to perform, just punch the clock and pay the dues.

Employees like you are a cancer, maybe customer service is not your forte'.

/my opinon, I don't give a damn if you agree.

My dear child you are so naive - Quite frankly i do exactly what i am supposed to and not a thing more - until that brake is released I am not bending over backwards trust me. And furthermore until you start paying me more for every beverage service that i do, then i will do just one and take requests... If you are an idiot and let them think you do 3 for the price of 1 then they will make you do it, yes it is not fair to the passenger,, but being paid like a 3rd world country isnt fair either. I tell everyone, they pay me to open the door, not to be nice... Not until i can go to sleep at night and feel that i am being compensated at least average for the job. Plain and simple... Then i will be the best flight attendant they have, but i can also be well lets just say not so nice... Retirement gone.... Pay majorly cut.... work rules gone...... and you want me to skip through the plane all laaaa teeee daaaa and everything? Yeah right, get real!!!
Aww, boo hoo, the world needs to stop and genuflect to your needs! You chose to be a FA, and you don't like it, so we all must suffer while you provide crappy service because you don't make as much money as those folk that went and got a degree and worked in other fields that pay well.

Gosh, that gun that is at your forehead that is forcing into the job you hate and the salary you hate must be really intimidating!

Life is too freaking short to spend working somewhere you don't like. Go and find another job, go to school and get the training to find a great high paying job. The world is your oyster, but, you gotta take responsibility for your life. The only person that can make you happy is yourself.

So, go and don't do your job. Treat paying customers like crap because you are unhappy. Deprive others of quality service because you aren't happy. The customers make choices on who to fly, why can't you make a choice on where to work? Besides, you are in a union, you don't need to perform, just punch the clock and pay the dues.

Relax, that donttouch thebeauty thingy works for United now....

Perhaps it would be better to just vote out the union. They seem to have done nothing for you except take your dues and hand out a few update flyers. For one thing if it was union like out on the coast with the ILWU they would have shut the airline down already. If anyone can recall the dock strike a few years back you know what I mean.

Merit pay is better than a payscale anyway. For the company it produces incentive (pay) driven employees and vice versa. Unfortunately there are some companies (US/HP) that dont quite understand this and freeze wages for years, except for the top 5 or 10 who have to increase their salaries to "remain competitive." Welcome catch-22.

I am actually surprised that the airline can actually run itself with all the internal problems, and I am talking beyond the front lines battling corporate. :down:

I find it interesting that those with degree's like to look down their noses at others who do not have degree's , and then tell them to go out and get a degree and a better job... i say why ? Your not guranteed a damn thing in this life , i could have a degree in rocket science , but that doesn't mean i'm gurantted of ANYTHING ... life is what you make it , and if you have the power to force a coporation to pay you higher wages , THEN DO IT ... you are what you fight for ....That's what this country was built on , those who had the fighting spirt ...
Please do not lecture me about how great education is , and how you NEED it to make it in this world today , yeah i already know that , but i belive that even without a degree people, should still be able to hold down decent jobs , and those decent jobs are disapearing from america daily , soon even jobs that require a degree will begin to disapear .....

I find it interesting that those with degree's like to look down their noses at others who do not have degree's , and then tell them to go out and get a degree and a better job... i say why ? Your not guranteed a damn thing in this life , i could have a degree in rocket science , but that doesn't mean i'm gurantted of ANYTHING ... life is what you make it , and if you have the power to force a coporation to pay you higher wages , THEN DO IT ... you are what you fight for ....That's what this country was built on , those who had the fighting spirt ...
Please do not lecture me about how great education is , and how you NEED it to make it in this world today , yeah i already know that , but i belive that even without a degree people, should still be able to hold down decent jobs , and those decent jobs are disapearing from america daily , soon even jobs that require a degree will begin to disapear .....
No, I don't look down at you at all, but I do look down at those that didn't take the time to get one whining about those that have one making more money.

That is how the world works these days. Get the education, put in the time, make money. I quit the airline biz that I loved so that I could make more and get more responsibility and move up. If you don't like your job, the opportunities are out there if you wish to persue them, and there are plenty of ways to find help to get there.

I don't care if you have a degree or not, sorry if it came out that way, but the reality in America in 2007 is that if you want to make money, you need a degree. And anyone can get a degree if they commit themselves towards that goal.

FWIW, I've worked with people with doctorates that I thought were dumb as a box of rocks, but they sure made good dough...

DP just announced that US has come to terms with TSA and the Senate to allow all of US front line employees be hired from the guest worker program. Under this agreement they will be able to have a starting wage of $250/mo topping out at $300/mo after 30 years. No health benefits and travel prviledges of $3 off walk up fares.

Ok Ok so its not true yet. But I wouldn't doubt it within the next 10 years. :shock:

No, I don't look down at you at all, but I do look down at those that didn't take the time to get one whining about those that have one making more money.

That is how the world works these days. Get the education, put in the time, make money. I quit the airline biz that I loved so that I could make more and get more responsibility and move up. If you don't like your job, the opportunities are out there if you wish to persue them, and there are plenty of ways to find help to get there.

I don't care if you have a degree or not, sorry if it came out that way, but the reality in America in 2007 is that if you want to make money, you need a degree. And anyone can get a degree if they commit themselves towards that goal.

FWIW, I've worked with people with doctorates that I thought were dumb as a box of rocks, but they sure made good dough...
yes degrees are imporant , yes you can make more money with a degree , and no you should't have to have one to prosper in this country ...

I figured you had quit the airline bizz because your name says HPearlyretiree and you knowing our company in the way that any of us who has worked for HP knows that you can NEVER retire , most of us just dont make enough ...

I'm not anti degree , i think their great , i belive that the point i'm feeling out here , is that if everyone treats these blue collar jobs as a pass throu or a summer job , then the wages and benfits of these blue collar jobs will get worse and worse (aka end up like mesa air ), we NEED people in this country to stand and fight against the decline of quality of life , that our lower middle class and poor americans are being faced with . It is in my mind due in no small part to the surge in illegal immigration in this nation ....

yes degrees are imporant , yes you can make more money with a degree , and no you should't have to have one to prosper in this country ...

I figured you had quit the airline bizz because your name says HPearlyretiree and you knowing our company in the way that any of us who has worked for HP knows that you can NEVER retire , most of us just dont make enough ...

I'm not anti degree , i think their great , i belive that the point i'm feeling out here , is that if everyone treats these blue collar jobs as a pass throu or a summer job , then the wages and benfits of these blue collar jobs will get worse and worse (aka end up like mesa air ), we NEED people in this country to stand and fight against the decline of quality of life , that our lower middle class and poor americans are being faced with . It is in my mind due in no small part to the surge in illegal immigration in this nation ....

I left after 9/11, I got some free flight bennies, but I looked at where I wanted to be when I retired, and how much money I was making and did the math. I had the education, I had the experience and it was time to prove myself in another company that could pay me what I thought I was worth. I am now the head of a division at a great company doing what my boss's boss did at HP. It was time to move forward. I miss the airline greatly, airline people are the best in the world, but if you go into the job expecting to be rich, it ain't gonna happen! Nothing wrong with a blue collar job, but you gotta know going into it that the wages are where they are and you will stay where you are unless you do something with your life to change the situation.

Anyway, I wish you the best, I didn't mean to offend, but, honestly, if you are in a job you don't like, leaving is a very liberating thing. You only live once, do what you are happy doing, don't expect the world to change to make you happy.

I left after 9/11, I got some free flight bennies, but I looked at where I wanted to be when I retired, and how much money I was making and did the math. I had the education, I had the experience and it was time to prove myself in another company that could pay me what I thought I was worth. I am now the head of a division at a great company doing what my boss's boss did at HP. It was time to move forward. I miss the airline greatly, airline people are the best in the world, but if you go into the job expecting to be rich, it ain't gonna happen! Nothing wrong with a blue collar job, but you gotta know going into it that the wages are where they are and you will stay where you are unless you do something with your life to change the situation.

Anyway, I wish you the best, I didn't mean to offend, but, honestly, if you are in a job you don't like, leaving is a very liberating thing. You only live once, do what you are happy doing, don't expect the world to change to make you happy.
no offence taken (i'm just very defenscive of the blue collar world ) and bravo on the life move , and yes you are right about the feeling of liberation ,i hate to say it but i've been "Cheating" on the company for awhile now with a second job and i'm loving it .

The Railway Labor Act prohibts employees from wildcatting.

THe ILWU covered workers are under the National Labor Relations Act, their contract expired, unlike airline workers and the longshoreman were permitted to strike.

Everyone should work strictly by the book. This is America land of the handouts. Actually I would suggest the pilots and FA's negotiate to sleep while on duty so they are well rested for their layovers. From the time the door closes until it opens at the destination should be considered sleep time. We don't want anyone to have to work at the airline. It's just a charity.

You have some serious issues.

And Pilots and FAs do get crew rest on certain flights, so they do get paid to sleep.

Try again.

Latest posts