PROTEST APRIL 12TH !

:up:

Thank you 905TW!

I know that on the West many of us treat our passengers very well...it amazes me how passengers say we can tell your from AWA side...you provided 3 beverage services in the 4hr flight..unlike the 1 service or lack of on the East.

We are ALL here to take care of the passenger...taking your frustrations against management on the passenger just will send them away or worse...cause us all to have no jobs.

My dear child you are so naive - Quite frankly i do exactly what i am supposed to and not a thing more - until that brake is released I am not bending over backwards trust me. And furthermore until you start paying me more for every beverage service that i do, then i will do just one and take requests... If you are an idiot and let them think you do 3 for the price of 1 then they will make you do it, yes it is not fair to the passenger,, but being paid like a 3rd world country isnt fair either. I tell everyone, they pay me to open the door, not to be nice... Not until i can go to sleep at night and feel that i am being compensated at least average for the job. Plain and simple... Then i will be the best flight attendant they have, but i can also be well lets just say not so nice... Retirement gone.... Pay majorly cut.... work rules gone...... and you want me to skip through the plane all laaaa teeee daaaa and everything? Yeah right, get real!!!

And how do you affect the bottom line ? who IS the bottom line , the public , and a public that see's a major airline in serious trouble in the news , day after day , week after week , will grow less likely to fly that airline .

Back in 2000 when HP experienced a host of operational problems, it was front page news in the AZ Republic, and nightly on local Channel 12 news. Yet, the general public, does not understand, nor do they care. Further, they have no sympathy for your protest, case in point Media Day on March 14th. The only thing they care about is the $Fare from Point A to Point B.
Regards
DC

I'm gonna go against the grain here as a East flight attendant and admit that while we have some really GREAT awesome flight attendants we also have a HUGE amount of embarrasingly lazy ones. I think we have to be honest here. Lets see what I have witnessed: 1 beverage service to the west coast (We gave the can and they are sleeping). Mmmm hmmm LAZY. Flights boarding ON TIME and no predeparture. I asked a f/a if they wanted me to get some drinks while she counted her meals and fixed the galley. NO, I'll take good care of them in the air. Passenger with a cast on his arm in f/c asking for a little assistance with his bag smaller than a briefcase was told "That is NOT in my job description and back injury is NOT covered". Good grief how to handle a situation. Some should NOT be dealing with people. Again, while we have really great f/a's we have some really crappy, lazy flight attendants. 1000's wanting to come back and do that predeparture drink OK! ! ! ! I don't care if a passenger is paying $1,000.00 or $39.00, they deserve good service. Do you expect to be treated any different by a sales associate at Lord and Taylor or Walmart? You sure wouldn't discount their bad attitude and rudeness because you were at a discount store. Some really don't care and take it out on the passenger. It is NOT THEIR FAULT we are where we are.

Back in 2000 when HP experienced a host of operational problems, it was front page news in the AZ Republic, and nightly on local Channel 12 news. Yet, the general public, does not understand, nor do they care. Further, they have no sympathy for your protest, case in point Media Day on March 14th. The only thing they care about is the $Fare from Point A to Point B.
Regards
DC
Your right in a way... the public, for the most part, does not care. However, they are the ones that pay our wages when they fly on US. More relevant is the fact that this protest is aimed directly at our poor senior management who can't seem to figure the labor aspects our of this merger. They boast that the merger is going well and everything is peachy, yet they can't seem to figure out the basics of taking care of their employees. So when the employees suffer and the apathy level breeds like wildfire, then the customers suffer, too. It's a ripple effect that is snowballing quickly and the folks at the top better have some pretty tall boots on when thet try to wade through all the s**t when they finally realize there is a mess to fix. Just my opinion though.

Regards
DC

while fares ARE very imporant , so too is public image , why else do major corpoations spend millions of dollars each year on PR ...
Let's flip the coin here and say we're a group of coustmers who are new to the valley and we're looking to provide power to our homes , lets say we have three choices to chose from

A. SRP --- they will charge us the most
B. ARP---- they will charge us mid range rates
C. Enron ---- rock bottom rates.

Now i don't know about you all but i'd go with option B and i think alot of you would as well... What good is electiricity if you can't be gurannteed a good suppy , serivce and the fact that you won't be cheated ?

It is my belife that we need to conduct operations against our own company the way a poltical campagin would conduct a smear campagin . Dirty poltics ...

Let's flip the coin here and say we're a group of coustmers who are new to the valley and we're looking to provide power to our homes , lets say we have three choices to chose from

A. SRP --- they will charge us the most
B. ARP---- they will charge us mid range rates
C. Enron ---- rock bottom rates.
I'd go with the "rock bottom rates". Why? Because I have kids to feed and a mortgage.

I'd go with the "rock bottom rates". Why? Because I have kids to feed and a mortgage.

that's true of people like ourselves who might not have as much as others , but for those with money to spend , they will go with the reliablity of choice b , maybe even A .

I'll agree with both of you in theory. However, when the general public travels 2 or 3 times a year (Spring Break or Summer Holiday and Christmas) they go with $fare and not reliability.
Regards
DC

O.K. This new post relays alot of expression. Ya! We're ready for another "Picket". Last time it was a Rally.
Hey! The picnic, I regret, will not fly. Cause, truth is we don't have the EXTRA time or MONEY. But!, tell ya MACAYO' on ASH had the greatest happy hour. Free enchiladas and salad and veggies. They are noted as the best in the valley. It is walking distance across the street from corporate. They will fill you up! Trust me. That is where a bunch of picketers ended up on March 23rd, wet as rats. Like to refer to it as the "Wet T-shirt contest that went BAD! If 32 can do it in the rain. 100 can do it in the "blessed" :huh: sunshine of Phoenix!
Keep this post ALIVE. We are just now getting agents in every level to express themselves about this questionable merge of low cost VS Legacy. Hopefully, the makers of this situation are Watching and Listening.

Quote from Donttouchthebeauty
"My dear child you are so naive - Quite frankly i do exactly what i am supposed to and not a thing more - until that brake is released I am not bending over backwards trust me. And furthermore until you start paying me more for every beverage service that i do, then i will do just one and take requests... If you are an idiot and let them think you do 3 for the price of 1 then they will make you do it, yes it is not fair to the passenger,, but being paid like a 3rd world country isnt fair either. I tell everyone, they pay me to open the door, not to be nice... Not until i can go to sleep at night and feel that i am being compensated at least average for the job. Plain and simple... Then i will be the best flight attendant they have, but i can also be well lets just say not so nice... Retirement gone.... Pay majorly cut.... work rules gone...... and you want me to skip through the plane all laaaa teeee daaaa and everything? Yeah right, get real!!!"

Just goes to show that I was correct on my theory on some of the EAST FAs! Its all about what I am entitled to it syndrome, I gave and gave and gave and I want to be compensated for it...well do you still have a JOB?? Answer is YES!

Now get your act together and take care of our passengers or take the alternative and QUIT!!! I cant wait to see you get busted by the Ghost riders that will soon be on your flight and then you wont have to worry about quitting when your lazy ass gets fired!! Then you can learn the lesson in life...NOTHING is FREE! You have to WORK for it!

NOW GET A LIFE!

Do you expect to be treated any different by a sales associate at Lord and Taylor or Walmart? You sure wouldn't discount their bad attitude and rudeness because you were at a discount store.

Travelpro,

Agreed with your post till above. To the first question....absolutley yes! At my local phl walmart I do not even expect an answer from the sales associate as I am unable to speak spanish. My sales associate expectations have declined right along with average wage declines in the past decade. Ya get what ya pay for. Period!

To the 2nd Q...As a realist I do.

FA

PS: no slam on hispanics, I think they are a breath of fresh air compared to the general attitudes in the good ole USA.

Latest posts