Psa Crjs Cancellations

robbedagain

Veteran
Oct 13, 2003
Visit site
today for the third time this week, the crj psa flies from pit to my city cancelled and it was booked full 50 out of pit and the return trip back to pit. of course they say it is due to a lack of aircrew. now wouldnt it be smart if the company had pilots already to fly the 50 folks to their cities before the plane comes onto the property!!!???? it is unbelievable that psa just seems to cancel their pit to my city flts a lot when it is sold out!

the real question that needs to be asked is it really the poor scheduling of flight crews or is more of this idiodic j4j program that our so sine brothers at mainline has come up with to screw the w/o pilots once again

passed_over said:
the real question that needs to be asked is it really the poor scheduling of flight crews or is more of this idiodic j4j program that our so sine brothers at mainline has come up with to screw the w/o pilots once again
:blink:

Huh?

passed_over said:
It is the poor scheduling of crews.

This has been a problem long before J4J. I had hoped that they would improve this aspect of the company like they did so many other departments, yet they have not. Things are only bound to get worse as the company gets bigger.

PSA crew scheduling does not look at the big picture when they fill gaps. They only worry about today and not what will happen down the line. This could be the result of inadequacies in the sceduling program that they use, but the biggest problem seems to come from high up in the department. I hesitate to blame the underpaid daily scheduler because they are only doing as they have been trained. Something needs to change because this month has been ridiculous.

Skeezer

actually the crj cancelled last mon, tue, thurs night frid morning, as well as saturday morn and the ferry flt and the 120p flt back to abe but the 310p back to pit went out on time

AUDITOR SUBMITS HIS REPORT ON SCHEDULING

(May 16) Walter Darr, an outside consultant specializing in Human Resources, Labor Relations & Crew Managment, in late April submitted his report and findings to the President and Vice President of PSA Airlines. The report contained 153 recommendations, including changes to administration, computer systems, infrastructure, office layout, and personnel. The report recommended both short-term and long-term improvements.

The audit was paid for by the Company, reportedly at a cost of $20,000. It is not known if the Company will adopt any of the recommendations.

The has been a high cancelation rate for PSA the few days!!!

Q: WHY?
A: Lack of crews

Q:Why is there a lack of crew?
A: Jet for Jobs pilots are coming to PSA getting the Type Rating (Cost $17,000) and LEAVING. Some with out even doing IOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH YEAH, WELL LETS GIVE THEM 100% OF THE CRJ700 AND SEE HOW WELL THAT FLYS!!!!!!!!!!!

MAKE ME SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Can you believe this? Last weekend, PSA cancelled 158 flights.

Here is a quote from a PSA union webpage:

(May 24) The Master Executive Council (MEC) will meet Wednesday, May 26 via AT&T teleconference to discuss increasing complaints regarding the Scheduling Department. At least 3 MEC members requested the MEC Chairman call a Special Meeting. Dayton first officer Vin Davis, member of MEC Scheduling and RJ Oversight Committees, is expected to address the MEC.

Recent pilot complaints include a surge in junior manning and extensions, use of ACARs for schedule notifications, and alleged violations of Section 25. The airline canceled 46 flights on Friday, 47 flights on Saturday, and 65 flights on Sunday, many due to a lack of crews. One flight almost pushed back from the gate in Philadelphia without a fully-qualified crew in the cockpit.

Isn't that insane? Should someone get fired for this? What does Bruce Lakefield have planned to fix this situation?

i know in my station it cancelled at least 6 or 7 times and while it was booked full every time. i guess they dont psa passengers stranded always for nothing now do they!

Latest posts