Psa Crjs Cancellations

I cannot comment on the SAT/SUN cancellations but I can tell you most of the FRI cancellations were due to the weather on Friday. PIT ramp was closed for 3 hours that night, which caused alot of duty hour timeouts on crews. It also meant that aircraft and crews were not where they were supposed to be for return trips on Saturday which explains some of the Saturday cancelled trips.

orville said:
... but I can tell you most of the FRI cancellations were due to the weather on Friday. PIT ramp was closed for 3 hours that night, which caused alot of duty hour timeouts on crews.
True. Heavy rains and some spectacular lightning in PIT on Fri. evening. I was delayed several hours to SEA but the delay was completely understandable and the FA's and pilots kept us well informed.

Too funny, I heard that Jet Blue hired almost half the MDA instructors after they got typed in the 170's. That is soooo funny, we can't even keep our employees here anymore. PDT is hiring, but they stay 5 months and are gone. Hire 20 and 8 show for class. Stay awhile, then they are off to CoEx, ASA, Air Tran, you name it. Can't say I blame anyone for bailing out of this airline right now.

Latest posts