QIK OVER SHARES

gizmo_sc

Veteran
Mar 19, 2006
Yesterday, I got a family of FIVE, TWO ADULTS, ONE CHILD and TWO INFANTS, traveling with 2 Car Seats, 4 Pieces of checked luggage, and a carry on basinet. So I start off checking the folks in, first I tried to check in the car seats. That worked but when I went back to add the INF, The father and the INF have the SAME NAME well this just confuses the _eLL out of Shares. So I proceeded to check in the 4 pieces of luggage, trying to be a good agent and save the folks some money, I told them I would put one bag with each paying adult and one adult would have a second bag for $25.00, well they wanted no part of this so I had to ESC and start over. They decided to carry one smaller bag and only pay $45.00. Finally got these 3 bag checked and went back to check in the INF. Father and INF have same name remember, well MOM and other INF have same name also , this puts SHARES in MELTDOWN. Finally after 16 attempts in SHARES we get DAD, MOM, CHILD, 2 INF's same name as MOM and DAD, 3 BAGS , 2 CAR SEATS (FREE) . GET THIS they were intown for only 2 days.

Sounds like a typical day at the ticket counter with QIK trying to understand what you already know and agents doing endless work a rounds Native command codes for a exact situations by a seasoned operator is fast with immediate results

gizmo_sc

Just a question, the approximate time elapse per said transaction?
You know, time is money.

I say fagetaboutit, just board the people and when you run out of seats shut the door. Share is useless.

Piney, US had Sabre the finest computer reservations system know to the FREE WORLD. Star Alliance wanted all STAR Carriers to move to Amadeus which is far superior to EDS - SHARES.. but no we stayed probably because it saved a few bucks. What gets me is a simple seat selection at times requires redoing the entry - 3 or 4 times to get it right.

Your better off just pushing people on and off the aircraft and take a list of your stanby's as it isn't worth the effort to use. Like using an "Underwood typwriter". Catch my drift.
ATA News Brief today had some exciting literature PB on Sabres new "super sonic" system.

US prefers "Underwood".

Our company will insist on keeping Share after a merger. Cost effective. More sand in their pockets.

Don't you remember Dougie telling us that Shares was just as good and flexible a system as Sabre? And that we could upgrade Shares to do everything Sabre could? What a bunch of crap and lies. A year and a half later we all sit back and say "we told you so " Shares is garbage now and forever. Give us back Sabre , better yet give new Sabre! Would someone in the sandcastle finally make a decision that makes sense , because the Shares one certainly did not. We have what can only be described as the worst reservation system in the history of modern aviation and it is not getting better. It was a POS then it is a POS now.

I think the most offensive thing about what comes out of the Sandcastle is it appears that folks like the ever glib Scott Kirby and his rum soaked buddy Doug Parker think the flying public and employees are stupid and incapable of understanding basic business.

How could the employees and the flying public possibly be smarter than the Kids in the Sandbox?

Latest posts